Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

that it is.

not to sound funny - but have you much sniping experience?
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

define sniping?

Been playing airsoft 6-7 years on and off, I always take a DM role rather than a run and gun game. My other interest are hunting and field target shooting so i enjoy the field craft aspect as well

Comment

fair enough - you are in a similar position to me then.

I just wanted to make sure you weren't a sniping noob - as I would recommend that you keep the fps low and work on your field craft.

mac
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I would deffo agree with that as a rule, When i started It was TM and classic Army AEG so all around 330 FPS , I had a lay off and i came back and attack of the clones had happened!

I think i have reached the point now where i need a little more reach

Comment

urban sniping!

Went really well, had a heck of a lot more accuracy, but was limited against automatics! Stil really fun tho, massively rewarding kills!

Comment

nice! I must say I enjoy playing against guys with aeg's - it makes life more challenging.
              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

i have a bit of a question for any of you who have a VSR-10. mine keeps jamming every time i go to cock it after i use a speed reloader should i drop the speed-loader or keep it andhave to deal with the jamming ever time?

Comment

your mag jams when you use a speed loader?

does the mag jam when you load the bb's individually?

what exactly is jamming? - give us more details and we will eb able to help you out.
                  just so you know there is a "tech" section on here.
                  welcome to the forum too mate.

mac
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Hello my fellow shooters I have a question for you all and all and any input at all would be awsum. Im in the process of opening a site, Im aware that hire guns are usaly just M4's or simular this I have no problems with but was thinking about having a couple of snipers that can be hired so that people can taste what its like to snipe before investing in a sniper them selves.

So my question to you is what bolt action system would you recomend for this.

Many thanks for any advice any of you can offer.

Curtis

Comment

in all honestly mate I would get the cheapest shittiest mp001 or equivalent you can find. and get quite a few - or go the other way and get a small handful of tm vsr10's.

top it off with a very cheap scope too.

as I am sure you are aware the gun needs to be pretty bomb proof and a noob running round with high power single shot stuff possibly isnt the best idea.

maybe you should put a limit on who can use it - ie they must have a certain number of games under their belt or something.

it is a good idea mate - I know of no site that does it - but there could be a reason for that.

you could even get a cheapo ghillie for hire too. lol

mac
                      Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Hi guys didnt manage to get a pic of me in my gear today which is lame but i painted my stock n ghillie (darkened it and greened it up looks a lot better naked now) will a pic sooooooon.

Comment

Wasnt going to go high powered, as has been mentioned in the thread many times start off power low and build up. It is simply a way of introducing people to that style game play who may be intrested. Id have the shooting under 350fps. Loving the idea of a ghillie to go with may definatly have to consider that.

I dont know a site which does that either which is why Im looking into it, I feel if im introducing people to the sport Id like them to be able to try diffrent weapon systems before they go out and spank alot of money on a new shiney gun, so they can make a well informed decision about it.

As for bomb proof bolties I have never owned a bolty its always been single shot AEG's for me so I am clueless on this which is why I asked. Cheers for the help. Im now off to look at cheap ghillies

Curtis

Comment

aye - well if that is the case I think the vsr10 is the only bolty which comes at a low fps when stock.

most of the clones have a higher fps but as you well know they will be all over the place.

I defo think you should make new players wait a game or two before they can use them though. for a few reasons
                            1. if it is their first time then it could portray the game in a bad light - as it is quite different.
                            2. it will make them want to come back to try sniping (which often has a distinct allure to new players)
                            3. it keeps totally inexperienced players away from higher end kit. (this comment is not meant to be derogatory to new and indeed younger players -I'm just saying that accidents are more likely to happen when you don't know what you are doing.)

my 2p.

certainly is a great idea mate - best of luck.

mac
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Yeah I definatly think that a a couple of games experiance is definatly needed as it is a v diffrent ball game. Also gives them a chance to see how snipers work in the field of play as well before deciding on weather or not that is the route they wish to follow down.

I will let you know how it all works out. Hopfuly the theory will play out well.

Curtis

Comment

Reading this has inspired me to make my own as I am using a naff bought in one ATM.

Some of it done so will post all details when complete.

Will post up Piccies of what it looks like when I have got it to the stage its about presentable!

Cheers guys and keep going. Great thread

Pete
                                I do believe you are insane.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X