sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Newly kryloned vsr 10 pic for you all, im not sure what to do with it extra, ive got my karsten cheek rest coming so ill get another picture when thats fitted,

i am thinking of a suppressor? or bipod maybe or stick to a sling system not sure.

Anyway enjoy

Comment

Some ghillie pics:

Comment

Let me guess, 100% vegetated concealment vest?

Comment

not 100%.

And yes, concealment vest. Some new photos I had, I know one of them has been up before but hey

Comment

Looks good pal, but screw putting all that in before play! :p

Comment

Yeah that's a fair point.

Takes bloody ages. Half an hour. But it pays off in the end if you put the effort in.
              It's a fantastic base for a project.

Comment

Yea i have a concealment vest my self, ive some what covered it in burlap and sprayed it OD with my krylon which actually has turned out great, my rig is geared towards GZW where i can use my burlap as a base to get around and then dig in or dependant on what areas are being used in play, use the veg around which is usually ferns.

Comment

i am getting into sniping at the moment
                  and i have got one question is it worth buying a ghillie suit?

oh and thank you macka for such an informative thread.
                  and for being selfless and taking time to read my post lol
                  Originally posted by parky
                  If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

I would say make one

Cost is cheap, Mines based on a DMP jacket with netting and burlap. less than £20

It it time intensive, But I found ripping and tieing quite theraputic and also if you dont have patience maybe sniping isn't for you

Comment

Originally posted by jmusa View Post
                      i am getting into sniping at the moment
                      and i have got one question is it worth buying a ghillie suit?

oh and thank you macka for such an informative thread.
                      and for being selfless and taking time to read my post lol
                      no probs matey.

depends on your funds really mate - if you have the funds and not much time then buy one.

but if you have the time I would say make one too. you can customise it a lot better and add in little bits and pieces you want.

I posted some how to links a while back.

look into the concealment vest - as that is defo a good option.

as far as whether you actually need one. you don't. - last time I played it was in a black jacket on a snowy day. lol.

but the ghillie is a good laugh. - depends on how you like to play.

mac
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Got my karsten cheek rest today guys its looovely being fitted tomorrow will get some pics up as soon as its done!

Comment

One thing i'd add to this is if you are going to use natural foliage on yourself or add some to you guille suit to make it look more natural then when moving around long distances make note of your surroundings, change the cam if needed to suit the new surroundings. I myself was on the Sniper selection last year and alot of people failed during stalks as they had cammed them selves out with foliage for the area they began in, moved into an area which had completely different foliage in it and hadnt changed it which made themselves look un-natural to their position and stick out like a sore thumb.

so basically change and adapt to your surroundings. might seem a bit anal and serious for airsofting i know but thats for anyone who does wanna work at the sniper role.

cheers, Stuart

Comment

Hi stu, like you were saying about camming out with veg at the beginning, at a place like ground zero where 99% of the veg is furns you can and stick with it, but yea your right.

What system did you use, when you were making your ghillie? how long ago was it.

Comment

yeah the places we were stalking was on dartmoor and was mainly ferns but there was alot of swampland and long grass etc and some lads went through that without changing the cam so the spotters could see a great big fern bush in the middle of the grass which just didnt look right.

did the selection in july of last year, i didnt use a guille i used the one i made in training which was the boonie had with scrim net on it with the bits of old string and sandbag strips on it with some elastic for natural cam. had elastic all over my webbing too for the cam to fit in.

have now got myself a top half guille i bought online.

i think that was the answer to your question or did you mean what do i use in airsoft?

Comment

Nope that was exactly what i was after, i had a very close friend in the RM 42 commando Jake Charney his ghillie along with his mates were made from a arktis concealment vest

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X