Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

LtPurcy

I had asthma as a youth, I did alot of swimming which was recommended to me (depends on how severe your asthma is) now i just have a little wheeze at high output but other than that i'm fine and passed army selection

Back OT

my Bar10 with homemade tweaks and TM tightbore and improved hop up was chronoed at a consistent 415 fps

I found working in a small team of 2/3 independent of the main groups most successful, setting a small fire team worked well to distract alot of enemy attention, I sucked at the quick objective grabbing games though

Comment

May as well post my rifle

Comment

snazzy. I used a bit of pipe insulation and sniper tape! :p
        Originally posted by Coz
        Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Snazzy indeed, it stopped me from selling my rifle, however If everyone starts buying them it will make my custom rifle look like everyone elses, and that will really p*** me off.

Comment

lol.

the foam and sniper tape is holding up pretty well tbh. - so if it ain't broke ......
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Not sure if this has been covered:
              Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
              - its up to you if you carry a side arm. - i personally don't as i prefer to rely on camo and fieldcraft than to enter a fire fight if i can.
              The site I play out requires snipers to carry a secondary gun or have a spotter to cover MED issues.
              If the spotter gets hit, the sidearmless sniper goes out too.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                The site I play out requires snipers to carry a secondary gun or have a spotter to cover MED issues.

And thats why you shouldnt rely on 500fps sniper rifles all the time.
                get a twist set up and youll have the same range.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                  what funny rules - never come across that before. - that is one of the advantages of running a lower power rig.

are you allowed to carry an aeg?

mac
                  Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka

I'm currently on the look out for a cheap pair of boots that I can spray. my shiny black ones stick out like a sore thumb.

mac
                    Have you considered getting some non water proof treated tan ones and then using some dies on them before treating them? Im unsure as to how it would work out but if there only cheapies to experiment with worth a shot?

Curtis

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                      what funny rules - never come across that before. - that is one of the advantages of running a lower power rig.

are you allowed to carry an aeg?

mac
                      Yes. AEG is OK.

Comment

well if that is the case the I would carry an aeg with me an pick it up when the shit goes down.
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

What kind of webbing do you chaps use?

I like just stuffing everything in my pockets. Though I just got a camelbak with a back pack type case - so that will be a nice addition to my airsoft kit during summer!!

Mac
                          Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Pockets my self here too, have a hydration pack but getting a backpack type one really low profile for cheap off the bay.

Comment

just a random message for all new budding snipers:

I have had a few pm's asking advice about sniping from very new players.

I have said it before and I will say it again:

Sniping really is a very different game to using an AEG - it really is - if you are new to the game or shooting in general then I strongly suggest that you buy an AEG before taking the plunge into sniping.

I've been there myself - I wanted to take up sniping when I started but decided against it. now with a good few years experience under my belt I have turned to sniping. and my game is better as a result.

so in short - AEG first - sniper rifle second.

atb

Mac

ps - I will find some rifle reviews and link them up later.
                              Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I oftern find myself playing the Spotter/Support sniper role with my M14.

I have added a scope, bipod and RAS system to it and I oftern look for snipers on my team and give them spotter assistance. Somtimes pays off and works really well.

I have seen myself and a sniper keep a team of 15 at bay just by taking aimed shots and keeping them in one place.

Steve
                                My Armory:
                                ARES M110, ARES SVD-S

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X