sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

Well from a guess id say your rifle will shoot somewhere betwen 120-130 meters per second.

The standard marui sears in the triggerset is made of decent metal, so if you just have a 120 spring in it, the stock parts shouldn´t break for a good ammount of time.

However if you wish to get a more high end tune, like 500+ FPS then your gonna need:

- Laylax zero triggerset with piston or PDI triggerset and a PDI hard piston).
    - 9mm PDI Spring guide.
    - 9mm PDI spring for VSR or a guarder 9mm spring for APS-2 and then cut of a few coils so it can fit inside the cyllinder).

I personally recommend the PDI triggerset instead of Laylax zero trigger.

I tryed both and IMO PDI is more durable and it catch the piston more smooth then my laylax did.
    The triggerpull in the PDI triggerset is abit more heavy, but you quickly get used to that.

Be advised that the 9mm springs from both guarder and PDI easily shoot 10-20 more meters per second then they are supose to.

Another upgrade that is a good idea would be a 430mm tightbore innerbarrel.

The g-spec version has a shorter innerbarrel then the Pro version which degrades it´s accuracy.

I recommend that you drill the whole in silencer adapter abit bigger so that a 430mm vsr pro tightbore innerbarrel can pass through it and hide inside the silencer.

When it comes to precision barrels the best i have tryed so far would be a laylax 6.03, however PDI 6.01 is supose to be very very good aswell, it will also increase the power slightly more since there is very little air that slip pass the BB, these are rather exspensive however.

The PDI 6.01 tightbore innerbarrels also require high quallity BB´s, compared to what you can get away with if you use a 6.03.

If you just plan at having your riffle run around the 120-130 meters per second, then i belive a Tanio Koba twist barrel is worth checking out also, i heard they worked well at those muzzle velocities.

Comment

Well i forgot, the standard Piston and spring guide is made of plastic so it may degrade faster at some point, but i don´t know how the durrabillity is on those parts with a m120 spring.

If they break you can always buy a laylax vsr piston (the red one) and a laylax 7mm metal spring guide.

Also you can buy reinforced sears from Laylax or PDI in case the standard ones should break.

If you have reinforced sears in your standard vsr triggerset and wish to upgrade to a heavier spring like 500+ FPS, then it is possible without having to buy a new triggerset, but i do recommend getting a bether triggerset just for maximum durrability.

Hope i answered your question

Comment

yh my l96 shoots at 500fps and i was spotting for a guy with and my shots were going 10-20 metres ahead and i got most of the kills and i spotting ! cheers guys

Comment

Thankyou very much Mattias
          This sounds like very good advice, i like the idea of sticking a longer
          tightbore barell down there. Is this special twist barrel rifled or something like
          that to try and increas accuracy and range?

I have once tried sniping as a pair, we got into this tree house thing which provided us with good cover
          he would try and keep me calm and make sure my pace was slow as to keep my breating even and steady.
          He would locate targets for me and keep reporting on changes occuring around us, i.e. 2 men running behind etc and
          then we would both engage the various targets at the same time. his aeg giving me time to reload and take accurate shots.
          Hope that helps anyone who plans to try pairing.
          Need VSR advice? Get in contact I may be able to help!

Comment

Well i don´t have any first hand exspirence with Tanio koba twist barrels, i just heard they work decent at 300-400 FPS, but i think they have to be cleaned more often then a tightbore, but im not 100% sure

Comment

Just want to say thanks to LT for such a brilliant and informative thread. I used to snipe until a lack of funds led me to sell my old well L96. I recently got a Maruzen L96 on these forums and tryed it out for the first time today. After following the advice on this thread i managed to stay hidden and pick off several of the enemy before running out of rounds :P I'd definatley advise anyone interested in sniping at a high level (not just using a sniper for a bit of extra range) to read this thread carefully and take in all the advice given.

Just to add to the thread, If laying in a good concealed spot, lay your mags by the magwell of your rifle and if you have one your sidearm. This is extremely valuable as it cuts mag change time and also gives you good sidearm access for if people sneak up too close (within engagement range). If anyone is attending Spec Ops weekender this year let me know - we can try and sort out a sniping team or something

Comment

Originally posted by M15assassin View Post
                Just to add to the thread, If laying in a good concealed spot, lay your mags by the magwell of your rifle and if you have one your sidearm. This is extremely valuable as it cuts mag change time and also gives you good sidearm access for if people sneak up too close (within engagement range). If anyone is attending Spec Ops weekender this year let me know - we can try and sort out a sniping team or something
                Alternativly I have seen a sniper have his side arm across his backside to be drawn from across the back when conealed as he knows its always there and is not a large movment to acess. Definatly something to consider. Cant remember what holster he has off the top of my head but fubas would be a good guess.

Solid idea for the mags tho buddy. Only way id look at improving on that would be to use a small "grab bag" to have open with your mags in. Serves two perposes. Alows you to bug out at speed if needs be as your mags are not scattered all over the place and can be used as a make shift bipod.

Curtis

Comment

both great ideas gents. will be looking into that myself.

atb
                  Mac
                  Originally posted by Coz
                  Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                  http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattias139 View Post
                    Well i don´t have any first hand exspirence with Tanio koba twist barrels, i just heard they work decent at 300-400 FPS, but i think they have to be cleaned more often then a tightbore, but im not 100% sure
                    The Tanio Koba twist barrels are good if you are running your rilfe at 350 fps but above they arn't as good and if you are running a 500fps set up they won't work at all and they do require a bit more cleaning.

Here is an old thread on upgrades for the VSR I found very usefl:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5069

Hope that helps, oh and I have a feeling that some of the PDI parts you listed will only work with other PDI parts and not the stock TM internals or Laylax ones.

Alex
                    WTB: TM HI-CAPA 5.1! CASH WAITING! PM ME!

Comment

I'm struggling to come up with new information that I haven't already covered tbh.

I'll get a picture post up of all the kit I carry with me on a skirmish day when sniping. -

maybe we could start getting people to put up videos of them sniping/practising or something?
                      Originally posted by Coz
                      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I'd like to see videos!
                        Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

First picture is me and another sniper in position on a nice grassy verge, the second is me with the second sniper covering my left flank. We got some pretty nice kills that day

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Stalker View Post
                            http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5069
                            Hope that helps, oh and I have a feeling that some of the PDI parts you listed will only work with other PDI parts and not the stock TM internals or Laylax ones.
                            Well i just said what had to be replaced.

The PDI hard piston should work with the standard cyllinder as long as you change the o-ring on the piston to the original size.

The laylax piston will work with PDI triggerset and sears if you change the End-cap(which is included with the triggerset).

Not sure how the combination of a PDI piston and a laylax triggerset is tho.

Comment

Im sorry for all my tech post, I can see they belong more in the tech section.
                              I will remmember that next time

Back to topic:

This link is worth checking out:
                              http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...23-10/ch32.htm

Comment

that link is really quite good for in-depth tactics, thanks!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X