sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sniping tactics

I am thinking about using a drag bag, and sticking a blackhawk sniper rest on it if i can find a bag with molle on front.

last time trying to go through bushes with a rifle didnt go to well put it that way.

I can see the usefulness of them particularly at GZW, start off running a round with it on your back and then when you find a nice spot on your buckle on go also means i can carry mags, bbs, etc instead of using webbing or something (like a respirator pouch as originally intended)

only thing is, what about the ghillie do you stick it in under your concealment vest? or do you stick veg in the drag bag it self? i need to hunt around for bags to be honest i havnt seen whats on offer to the civi market

Comment

i'd camo the bag too personally but i don't really know.

i was thinking of using my rifle case as a drag bag but i don't know.

mac
      Originally posted by Coz
      Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

here we are -
        http://www.youtube.com/user/GhillieA...34/1Y0iAF8s764
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Gah...

Ghillie suits annoy me.

I really don't recommend getting one.
          Contrary to popular belief, you don't become invisible to instant you put one on!

In most cases, it's quite the oposite.

You can achieve wonders with the right clothing, some cam cream, and maybe a little burlap on your head & shoulders. (Done correctly!)
          All this plus some patience and skill, you can achieve, at times, better results than a ghillie suit.
          If you want an effective ghillie suit, you don't have to become the yeti monster or big foot at your local site! Just the head & shoulders is enough.

If it's part of your loadout, then i'm not going to argue, but if you intend to use it for practical use, make sure you use it right!

Comment

b20 - i cover all of that in my first couple of posts mate.
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I never intend to become a yeti, my original suit was very minimalistic to be honest i could still use it (butchered waist and elbow cut webtex suit with some dodgey glued on un-dyed hessian)

i feel its just fun to build (for me) a full synthetic ghillie like the jaybritish in the video i posted earlier, all part of learning for me i feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Macka View Post
                b20 - i cover all of that in my first couple of posts mate.
                Ah sorry mate - missed it.

Anyway, he's some photos of a very effective 'ghillie suit'. Not a full suit, very minimal but very effective. In my opinnion, probably the best kind of ghillie suit.

Here's my attempt:

(This was actually a recon ex at a distance, so camouflage didn't have to be perfect! )

So long as you cover exposed parts of the body, from a distance there's simply no need for a ghillie suit:

Definatley a homemade job, but probably more satisfying.
                Last edited by bravotwozero; 31 January, 2010, 22:46.

Comment

see i would say your wrong there, you cant hide as well,especialy at close range, wearing normal combats compaired to a well made ghillie.especialy in open areas,maby in thick ferns.

ive hidden in an open bunker area no bigger than 50x40m with 12 guys looking for me,and even though i was laying right in the open it took them over 25min to find me.

they were even standing right by me(1m max away) for quite some time,i beleave the only reason i was spotted was due to the fact,that the guy who found me was ex para.
                  when i stood up i was surrounded by them ,but no one else has a clue where i had been.

you couldnt do that in a set of dpms with light garnishing,especialy,dpm strips like your posted pics.
                  that guy will be using a light ghillie at 600-1500meters not 10-60m.

but you are right a ghillie can give you away more easily to, ive seen some terrible bought and made ghillies before,even one made ghillie which was almost purple in colour,you could spot the user from miles away.

also they dont have to be big,heavey and bulky to be affective,most people tend to use far to much hessian when making there ghillies,its the same with the bought ones,you could take half the suit of and it wouldnt affect how it works.
                  user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

we had a few guys from the marines visit out school when i was 17. the sniper used a shillie just like the one in the pics b20 posted.

it was quite effective when i went and hid with it - though he did throw a few leaves on top of me.

i think quite a few guys use strips of bdu. would certainly be worth looking into.

my suit is quite heavy but i like it like that. - i have extra padding on the elbows and canvas on the chest - stuck on with shoe goo.

the trousers are a bit more sparse and could doo with work really.

what do you chaps do about your shoes? mine have given me away several times and im not sure what to do about it.
                    i usually end up sticking them in a bush.

mac
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Jake Charney are very close friend who was a sniper in the royal marines, i s*** you not, when he was doing his training he ended up spraying his spare pair of boots and then stuck them in the ground when he reached his FFP

Comment

ive considered spraying a pair but i dont want to spray the ones i have so that would mean getting a new pair which is hassle! lol.

might try and make some kind of over shoe thing.
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

yea, i've got a knackered old pair of Oakley boots i've had for years:

they were tan... but not anymore :-P

Comment

got a pic mate?
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I will have to admit after settling down to snipershide forum the quality of kit the spray job quality all of it, there is a huge contrast between airsoft and them and a lot of them are just civilians

take away the fact they are real guns i know but BT's ghillie is the only thing comparable in quality i mean wow my jaw drops in all comparison

Comment

thanks
                                but that isnt my first ghillie,infact its my 3rd/4th
                                the first was bought
                                the second i made
                                i then built that one and stripped it all down again and rebuilt it slightly different.
                                i would say ive put a smuch time into that as i have with upgrading my vsr or tanaka.
                                and its never finnished, i find myself always tweeking parts here and there after every few games,its a work in progress

theres plenty of info on the net and on other forums to help build them,
                                plus lots of practice and learning from your mistakes.
                                on the other uk forums theres a guy called DOA Draven to look out for,his ghillies are very different from mine in build as he uses all raffia,but they are a real work of art.
                                especialy for where he plays and his gun rags(and ghillies) are alslo the best ive ever seen.

as for spraying your boots,ive had my webtex boots kryloned for a few yaers,but it doesnt last verylong,i would say you need to give them a dusting after every game day to keep it on,it may be i just didnt give them a good enough clean before i did it the first time though
                                user name changed from b*tcht*ts

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X