Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

yes it is.

oddly enough I was planning to write up a post about follow through but this covers it quite well

3-5. FOLLOW-THROUGH
    Applying the fundamentals increases the odds of a well-aimed shot being fired. When mastered, additional skills can make that first-round kill even more of a certainty. One of these skills is the follow-through.

a. Follow-through is the act of continuing to apply all the sniper marksmanship fundamentals as the weapon fires as well as immediately after it fires. It consists of--

(1) Keeping the head infirm contact with the stock (stock weld).

(2) Keeping the finger on the trigger all the way to the rear.

(3) Continuing to look through the rear aperture or scope tube.

(4) Keeping muscles relaxed.

(5) Avoiding reaction to recoil and or noise.

(6) Releasing the trigger only after the recoil has stopped.

b. A good follow-through ensures the weapon is allowed to fire and recoil naturally. The sniper/rifle combination reacts as a single unit to such actions
    keeping it relative to airsoft - another good tip is to NOT immediately reload your rifle after your have fired. - particularly if you are engageing an enemy who cannot see you/ is not looking for you. - or even small groups with their backs to you etc. (this is more effective if it is a first round kill)

although this can give other players time to get to cover or perhaps engage you - it means you are totally static for a few seconds which during game play can mean you are not spotted in the instant that other players turn to look for you.

remember that "movement" is one of the "5 S's" - the human eye is drawn to movement very quickly.

and a note about the reload - try to do this as smoothly and slowly as you can. - easier for those right handed shooters as the hand doesn't need to move as far.

this is another element which should be practised. - reloading slowly and smootly will help maintain a concealed location.

Mac
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

For you left handed shooters out there a good skirmishing friend of mine has started making his own left handed bolts for snipers. If anyone is in need I'd be more than happy to ask if he can get something sorted out for you guys.

Curtis

Comment

a kind offer mate.

I'm in the rare camp where by I'm right handed but left eye dominant. - long story - don't ask.
        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

A nightmare situation there. The offer is there to anyone who needs it.

Comment

ach - it's not that bad. - I should be left handed too but I'm not. It just means that I have to move more to pull back the bolt.
            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Going back to the illuminated reticules, wouldn't a yellow filter be just as effective? I've used a filter but never an illuminated reticule, and I thought the filter was pretty damn good at lighting up dingy areas.
              BOOM!

Comment

Illuminated reticules, IMO aer pretty useless. They don't really light up anything, and the battery on mine went with litterally 20 mins of use.

Comment

i have an illuminated scope. never used it as it does bugger all for daytime woodland use.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
                    Illuminated reticules, IMO aer pretty useless. They don't really light up anything, and the battery on mine went with litterally 20 mins of use.
                    I would have thought some one doing "how to" videos would have been more informed: illuminated reticules are not meant to light up anything you are aiming at.

they do exactly what they say on the tin - illuminate the reticule. - this is for low light level shooting where it becomes difficult to see the cross hairs (the reticule) thus where you are aiming.

they are very useful when hunting around dusk where there is enough light to see but not enough to clearly see the cross hairs.

IMO they can have their uses in airsoft - in dense woodland with low light levels and in winter with darker days.

they should not be turned up full - as said by another member - "they have the effect of lighting you up like a christmas tree."

use on the lowest setting so that you can see the cross hairs.

Mac
                    Originally posted by Coz

Comment

I agree with what you'r saying, sorry about the mistake about the illuminated reticule.

however, if you put them on a low setting they are almost as difficult to see as if you're just using the normal one

cheers for clearing that up, and again sorry

Comment

no probs.
                        Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Id beg to differ on this front. My reticule iluminates 11 times and set on 4 or 5 in dense woodland makes alot of diffrence. Obviusly each to there own and Im not saying Im right but everything has its uses.

And on that note Id like to run this Idea past you all. Now I do have coms so I can speak wiht my shooter on a channel to relay target positions when spotting but I am considering putting a laser on my spotters gat so i can tag targets with it for my shooter and eliviate having to move to hit the talk button on my head unit. Thoughts?

Curtis

Comment

sounds cool mate. - I take it you mean a visible laser and not an infra-red jobby?

it has the potential of working both ways.
                            Originally posted by Coz

Comment

Yeah visable laser, Im sure it will work both ways but it will eliminate movment and if your positioned infront of your shooter it shouldnt give his position away....well so the theory goes.

Curtis

Comment

sounds pretty cool mate. - my only other concern is the shooter actually seeing the laser.

but then I suppose if you are both keeping an eye out for targets and you are just highlighting the man you want put down then it would work.

atb
                                Mac
                                Originally posted by Coz

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X