sniping tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: sniping tactics

In the heat the of the moment its far to easy to get drawn into an engagement. If you find yourself with incoming fire. MOVE. You will not win a firefight or war of attrition.

Once people are aware of your position re-locate. It's only a matter of time before they advance into your MED or into range of their weapons. If i am playing a game with respawns i'd rather retreat there whether I had been hit or not.

Comment

When i'm snipping i shoot 2-3 shots then move unless playing defender games then sit tight and pic um off till i get wiped out lol.

Comment

The whole shoot and scoot isnt a good thing in airsoft its too close range, your better off on a flank behind good cover or prone with a spotter who has an aeg so that people dont see you, the moment you start moving you become an easy target or you will get spotted by another sniper who will wait for you to take up position before then shooting you in the face (I have done that more then enough times to people lol)
        G&p XM117
        Jls Scar
        Agm m14
        A&k svd
        CA Mp5
        Originally posted by fallout3021
        nothing that works should have jls in its name lol

Comment

Fair point but when i scoot i withdraw back and come in another way, i do like sniper hunting tho lol just trying to find the enemy sniper if he is a good one lol

Comment

Originally posted by massey666 View Post
            The whole shoot and scoot isnt a good thing in airsoft its too close range, your better off on a flank behind good cover or prone with a spotter who has an aeg so that people dont see you, the moment you start moving you become an easy target or you will get spotted by another sniper who will wait for you to take up position before then shooting you in the face (I have done that more then enough times to people lol)
            bang on IMO.

Movement is the single biggest give away for any sniper in airsoft. - particularly new players who move way too quickly or too much.
            Last time I was out, I got caught moving more than the wind was blowing the grass and got shot as a result.

move only as much as the wind blows the grass (inches) or if you know you can't be seen.

Getting up and legging it, is a sure fire way of getting seen, or worse shot = starting again.

AND - if by some miracle you don't get hit - any enemy players who saw you will know you are in the area and will be more vigilant. -Takes balls to stay put and if you have spent half an hour creeping to a good firing point I for one would rather stay put.

- Getting seen and HAVING to bug out is a different thing.

one good trick if you think you have been seen and people start letting off bursts in your direction (take the hit if there is one) is to stay completely still - some times people think they saw something and are firing just in case. - wait for a few minutes then have a peak at what is happening.

Shoot and scoot works very well if you run a light rig without a ghillie. - put a DM in range and have him run about taking pot shots from different locations will keep an enemy on his toes and can be a good way to keep heads down.

All the best

Andy
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

I'm thinking of running a sniper competition in wales, if anyone is interested drop me a pm and i'll set a date. The competition will consist of marksman and fieldcraft skills and you will need a spotter.

If people could just send a yes to me and i'll put something together and start a new post

Comment

Originally posted by billybob9351 View Post
                I'm thinking of running a sniper competition in wales, if anyone is interested drop me a pm and i'll set a date. The competition will consist of marksman and fieldcraft skills and you will need a spotter.

If people could just send a yes to me and i'll put something together and start a new post
                Actually, I would enjoy that.
                Just let me get my new rifle set up so the hop works

Comment

Good sniping skills come with experience as well as reading up on them. You learn more while out in the field practicing and in games.
                  SHADOW COMPANY - (IC)/SNIPER

Comment

your welcome to come along and test your skills, there is no limit to the amount of people that can attend but only one will be crowd wales sniper of the year 2011

Comment

An airsoft sniper competition, you fellas serious?? And a spotter... Why have a spotter? Each rifle performs completely differently, dependent on upgrades, quality, even the bb's..
                      I'm not asking for a load of you to fly at me now with abuse, just to explain how this would be cool in any way. Would anybody really be chugged with a trophy cause they hit a target at 50ft... I have a juicy g-spec on the way and had the aps2 sv when it came out, so have much sniping experience... But I reall think a sniper competition with bb guns is a little bit daft. My opinion of course..
                      “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Originally posted by dannyeprice23 View Post
                        An airsoft sniper competition, you fellas serious?? And a spotter... Why have a spotter? Each rifle performs completely differently, dependent on upgrades, quality, even the bb's..
                        I'm not asking for a load of you to fly at me now with abuse, just to explain how this would be cool in any way. Would anybody really be chugged with a trophy cause they hit a target at 50ft... I have a juicy g-spec on the way and had the aps2 sv when it came out, so have much sniping experience... But I reall think a sniper competition with bb guns is a little bit daft. My opinion of course..
                        Because I'm obviously a l33t sniper and want to show everyone else that I am, and with this trophy no-one can deny it! :p

All jokes aside, isn't it just a bit of fun, and a test of your camo and fieldcraft more than anything?

Comment

Yeah it probably would be a laugh, but you just know some people are going to take it far too seriously lol
                          “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Indeed it is and the rifle is only half the sniper so if you believe that is all sniping is mate I suggest you don't attend (god somebody get this guy some building blocks). To everyone who does fancy a good laugh and a chance to get something back from all your hard airsofting please apply. There will be lots of tests of ability and accuracy run in 2 different forest within walking distance of each other. Spotter is not a necessity but would be nice to see how well people can work together, hopefully we'll have a video done of it all too. In all seriousness the AEG lot get loads of events and snipers rarely do so its just a chance for like minded people up and down the country to meet up and have some fun! I will be starting a new thread for this tomorrow

will

Comment

Indeed it is and the rifle is only half the sniper so if you believe that is all sniping is mate I suggest you don't attend (god somebody get this guy some building blocks)
                              i got my first airsoft gun in 1999, back when 90% of the people on here hadn't even heard of airsoft, there were very few places you could go play, and you were still advised to ring the local police to alert them to a skirmish that you were playing so that they dont have to respond to calls from people saying there are lads with machine guns firing at each other ....so i have been playing, and sniping long enough to know what is required from a decent sniper. but thanks anyways for presuming otherwise. i did indeed say it would probably be a laugh, and would like to stress that it would be a bit of fun, aslong as nobody takes it over the top serious and saw it for the simple laugh, that it is supposed to be.. However if anybody does think this is a serious event, i shall in future keep my opinions to myself, but laugh none the less.

Comment

In all seriousness the AEG lot get loads of events and snipers rarely do so its just a chance for like minded people up and down the country to meet up and have some fun! I will be starting a new thread for this tomorrow
                                does everyone not all get the same events? i.e a skirmish ?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Lt. Macka A work offshore in the North Sea. Depending on Internet connection and how busy I am, I'm typically more active on the forums when I'm away offshore. When I'm ashore I'm generally busy with various hobbies. Find out more about Lt. Macka
                                Working...
                                X