Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

I only buy flammable Pyro at Milsims since it's not safe to Lob a BFG as far as I'd like to... generally speaking as a team we tend to between us spend £150-£300 for an entire weekend and depending on what we're doing we sometime don't come home with any... Last year I did a Tier 1 event at Stanta armed with little more than a pistol and a Bag of grenades.

Comment

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
      You carry that lot with you?

Do charge into "battle" on a pack horse?
      priorities. I just swapped from low/mids not to have to carry a massive assault vest etc.. but have one bfg in each front pocket.
      my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

Nothing for the last couple of years (except once at UCAP).

Main reason being I used to buy it and get kills everytime - but the problem was they were either team kills or suicide. I literally cannot throw to save my life...

I bought some at the UCAP Bunker in January as a trial, to see if I'd got better at not commiting suicide. Apparently the standard rule still applies and thus I won't be trying anymore for another year or two.

Comment

At my urban/cqb site - TWA Anerley - I usually run 4 frag pyros and 2 smokes. I think last game I went to I got over 20 kills with 4 frags. Beginning of the day I chucked one round a corner where we had to hold the objective timer and got 11 kills straight away. It let us take up ground so quickly we we're just everywhere because there wasn't enough of them still alive to hold the ground and we held it for nearly 30 mins with no ground lost. Smokes also allowed us to get the last two 'nuclear' rods to win in a game, and without them it would have been a lot harder.
          I am a massive pyro whore. I refill my pouches at lunchtime mwuhahaha
          Pyro is sooooo goddamn useful in the right hands. I've never heard of flashes having a kill radius....

Comment

Two vtg
            One impact bfg
            And a hand full of bkanks

Comment

90 second smokes of a dodgy origin are the only pyros I use now, due to cost and mainly the pyros at most sites being pathetic and unreliable. I have them in Purple, Yellow and Blue flavours.

If it is a ring pull I'm not using it, striker or lighting with a flame are the only 2 I use as they ALWAYS work.
              King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
              https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
              www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

i carry as much pyro as i can afford i recently bought a crate of enoyla gaye smokes.....in yellow...TERRIBLE!! dont make anything like a screen and if they do its see through 100% used to use them in buildings but now your not allowed at my local cause it was so effective now i use thermobarics mk5/9's and smokes as a distraction even in woodland i will throw one behind or to the side of enemy and when they all look at it ill run out and shoot them before it goes off its much more effective than waiting for the pyro to go off then go in best thing to do especially in cqb is chuck in the pyro and follow it in and you always catch people running away instead of waiting for you

Comment

Originally posted by Kingluke23 View Post
                  I got a load of the enola gaye ringpull smokes and they are a total white out up to the point where your holding out ypur arms in case you walk into something. Bit dear but I got 20 for £20 tbey are usually 4.50 each.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
                  £1 EACH?!?!?!? omg where from? - i use these as well and they are great indoors - outside they are kind of ok but not enough to screen any decent number of team mates - need 3 or 4 for a decent team level advance in the open

Comment

Yes do tell pls
                    last time i was at CQB Tac, the enemy team used 3 in the square stairwell, all of me team bar me fled the stairs as it was difficult to breathe in there! (and i sneezed after and it came out blue hahaha) but noone pushed in
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I find pyro has its pro's and con's which defer from game to game.

Pro's:

Smoke can work as a great distraction as most players expect you to run through the smoke causing them to concentrate on the smoke meaning you can attack from a flank away from the smoke. Also you can leave the smoke to clear the position your wanting to attack will be confused that nothing happened then hit them hard and catch them off gaurd.

Grenades are awesome in CQB for clearing rooms, good if you get a nice shot in over a barracade in woodland sites and are good for a distraction.

Con's

There bloody expensive. If you through smoke out before attacking while trying to get other players to attack it's often cleared before they have the balls to move from behind their cover. A lot of players play dumb and don't take theirs hits from them saying that landed further than the killing area. And how often do you hear someone saying "who has a grenade/smoke" from the tight sod who won't buy any but expects people to use theirs when they see fit??

Over all I do find it effective when used at the right time. But all of this is just my opinion and I await the usual bombardments of opinions to rubish mine lol

Comment

As an update to what we took to copehill - we spent 200 on bangs and 200 on smokes between us, and several pulled out at last minute so moar pyro was had by all. I personally had 16 mk5s and 8 smokes, however as we kept finding ones which the match-head had come off the fuse, and i had a lighter, despite lobbing over 20 flashbangs i somehow came home with 13, but no smoke.

The irish giving their pyro away at the end due to it being illegal at home probably had something to do with it!
                        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

the trick is to buy in bulk, i pay 84p + vat from my local paintball shop for mk5s if i order over 200 and smokes are 67p+vat
                          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

are they TFLXs ? …….if so very good deal

Comment

I dont by bangs but instead smoke..i feel unless i have amazing throw which i dont..its a waste. At least with smoke you get 90sec of your money back lol..
                              Assumption is the mother of F*&% Ups!

Comment

It's not a pyro, but does anyone remember the old remote claymores? I've seen a few of them used to great effect! lol
                                The clown has no penis

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Subfan Find out more about Subfan
                                Working...
                                X