Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog of war
    replied
    Re: Pyro - How useful ? How much do you carry ?

I find pyro has its pro's and con's which defer from game to game.

Pro's:

Smoke can work as a great distraction as most players expect you to run through the smoke causing them to concentrate on the smoke meaning you can attack from a flank away from the smoke. Also you can leave the smoke to clear the position your wanting to attack will be confused that nothing happened then hit them hard and catch them off gaurd.

Grenades are awesome in CQB for clearing rooms, good if you get a nice shot in over a barracade in woodland sites and are good for a distraction.

Con's

There bloody expensive. If you through smoke out before attacking while trying to get other players to attack it's often cleared before they have the balls to move from behind their cover. A lot of players play dumb and don't take theirs hits from them saying that landed further than the killing area. And how often do you hear someone saying "who has a grenade/smoke" from the tight sod who won't buy any but expects people to use theirs when they see fit??

Over all I do find it effective when used at the right time. But all of this is just my opinion and I await the usual bombardments of opinions to rubish mine lol

Leave a comment:

• jonny lovegrove
    replied

Yes do tell pls
    last time i was at CQB Tac, the enemy team used 3 in the square stairwell, all of me team bar me fled the stairs as it was difficult to breathe in there! (and i sneezed after and it came out blue hahaha) but noone pushed in

Leave a comment:

• messy
    replied

Originally posted by Kingluke23 View Post
    I got a load of the enola gaye ringpull smokes and they are a total white out up to the point where your holding out ypur arms in case you walk into something. Bit dear but I got 20 for £20 tbey are usually 4.50 each.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    £1 EACH?!?!?!? omg where from? - i use these as well and they are great indoors - outside they are kind of ok but not enough to screen any decent number of team mates - need 3 or 4 for a decent team level advance in the open

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i carry as much pyro as i can afford i recently bought a crate of enoyla gaye smokes.....in yellow...TERRIBLE!! dont make anything like a screen and if they do its see through 100% used to use them in buildings but now your not allowed at my local cause it was so effective now i use thermobarics mk5/9's and smokes as a distraction even in woodland i will throw one behind or to the side of enemy and when they all look at it ill run out and shoot them before it goes off its much more effective than waiting for the pyro to go off then go in best thing to do especially in cqb is chuck in the pyro and follow it in and you always catch people running away instead of waiting for you

Leave a comment:

• crasstoe
    replied

90 second smokes of a dodgy origin are the only pyros I use now, due to cost and mainly the pyros at most sites being pathetic and unreliable. I have them in Purple, Yellow and Blue flavours.

If it is a ring pull I'm not using it, striker or lighting with a flame are the only 2 I use as they ALWAYS work.

Leave a comment:

• B.H.R.chris
    replied
    Two vtg
    One impact bfg
    And a hand full of bkanks

Leave a comment:

• GrizzlyDemon
    replied

At my urban/cqb site - TWA Anerley - I usually run 4 frag pyros and 2 smokes. I think last game I went to I got over 20 kills with 4 frags. Beginning of the day I chucked one round a corner where we had to hold the objective timer and got 11 kills straight away. It let us take up ground so quickly we we're just everywhere because there wasn't enough of them still alive to hold the ground and we held it for nearly 30 mins with no ground lost. Smokes also allowed us to get the last two 'nuclear' rods to win in a game, and without them it would have been a lot harder.
    I am a massive pyro whore. I refill my pouches at lunchtime mwuhahaha
    Pyro is sooooo goddamn useful in the right hands. I've never heard of flashes having a kill radius....

Leave a comment:

• brooxy
    replied

Nothing for the last couple of years (except once at UCAP).

Main reason being I used to buy it and get kills everytime - but the problem was they were either team kills or suicide. I literally cannot throw to save my life...

I bought some at the UCAP Bunker in January as a trial, to see if I'd got better at not commiting suicide. Apparently the standard rule still applies and thus I won't be trying anymore for another year or two.

Leave a comment:

• two_zero
    replied

Originally posted by loki7491 View Post
    You carry that lot with you?

Do charge into "battle" on a pack horse?
    priorities. I just swapped from low/mids not to have to carry a massive assault vest etc.. but have one bfg in each front pocket.

Leave a comment:

• TOBI
    replied

I only buy flammable Pyro at Milsims since it's not safe to Lob a BFG as far as I'd like to... generally speaking as a team we tend to between us spend £150-£300 for an entire weekend and depending on what we're doing we sometime don't come home with any... Last year I did a Tier 1 event at Stanta armed with little more than a pistol and a Bag of grenades.

Leave a comment:

• Binngoo
    replied

I try and carry 2 timed BFG's and 2x impacts, however I've currently lost one of the timed grenades which is the issue the them. I mainly play CQB so they are very useful for that although the impacts don't like carpets! I sometimes carry some cardboard pyro so I can actually throw it but not very often.
    I never used to use pyro before I brought my first impact grenade. However I loved it and have never looked back, but I do go through a LOT of blanks!

Leave a comment:

• Yivo
    replied

I don't know if I'm just unlucky/a terrible throw/all of the above but I've never had much luck with pyro, to the point where I've scored more kills from chucking bits of twig about and shouting grenade to get people dislodged from their firing positions!

Leave a comment:

• Cojack
    replied

Pyros are a god send in a CQB environment.

Had a stand-off where me and a team mate couldn't move from behind our cover and neither could the members of the other team from theirs. We could see each other but couldn't engage...

A single flash bang dropped round the corner took out all four of them and we were able to move up through the room...happy days!

Leave a comment:

• Saltyyy
    replied

Originally posted by sir killaIot View Post
    dont worry there is a way around this. simply purchase tornado impact grenades: they are not classified as pyros
    Nah, I'll wait until I'm 18 and purchase a BFG

But to be fair, I doubt I'll use it, if I can master my skills without the use of pryo, then I'll be happy :P

Leave a comment:

• sir killaIot
    replied

Originally posted by Saltyyy View Post
    Nothing because I'm under 18!

Either way, in some cases they would be handy to have, but over come it and find a different way is what I like to do
    dont worry there is a way around this. simply purchase tornado impact grenades: they are not classified as pyros

Leave a comment:

About the Author

Collapse

Subfan Find out more about Subfan
Working...
X