Trip wires and traps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip wires and traps

Has anyone had any success using the tennis ball ring pull grenades with trip wires to set as a booby trap?

The 3rd gen TLSFX look great for this kind of use but are expensive for 1 shot use

Re: Trip wires and traps

problem is it still has a 3 second fuse, so would allow the person to walk straight past presumably
    KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
    mix'n'match M4
    Maruzen P99

Comment

Yeah got to say it worked a treat. Strong finishing line for trip wire and a lul bit of evil black to keep the pyro in place if you dont have the time to secure it properly.

The fuse timings not an issue if you pop it just before cover people will want to you. As they will trip it move into the cover and boom. Obviusly just my experiance with them.

Curtis

Comment

My friend makes trip wire mine/claymore. Its a tube with a spike on one end to put in the ground, a 40mm grenade is placed it to the tube which is set off by a pin striking it which is attached to a trip wire, the bb's then hit a cone which sprays them upwards and out to hit the legs. I will see if I can get a vid off it. PM if interested in buying one.
        Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Comment

Eternal Child - I've toyed with the same idea, but never got round to trying it out. Although the last trip line we set up was connected to a claymore.... but marhall walked though it hah.

Comment

Krank mine, block of wood, tent pegs, green paint, eyelet screws, wood screws.

If you want a 9mm version.

Get a 12g alloy snap cap and drill it out for 9mm.

Total cost about £15 - £20

will post a photo when I get home.
            Last edited by Scarface73; 3 March, 2010, 16:36.

Comment

Made a triangular trip around the front of a claymore with fishing wire, that was effective, I made a perimeter wire attached to a rape alarm, that was ok until one of my team walked into it. Its tough to ensure a live member of the enemy team will be the first to trip your trap!

Comment

Originally posted by simon View Post
                My friend makes trip wire mine/claymore. Its a tube with a spike on one end to put in the ground, a 40mm grenade is placed it to the tube which is set off by a pin striking it which is attached to a trip wire, the bb's then hit a cone which sprays them upwards and out to hit the legs. I will see if I can get a vid off it. PM if interested in buying one.
                There is now a retailer in the UK selling the exact same thing as you described.
                Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I am not playing Airsoft

Comment

I have had a couple of good kills with the 12 gauge Garage Door Mines. I have a couple of mounts for it, a spike a cable tie holder that sort of thing. And I use either fishing line or some almost unbreakable Teflon fly tying thread. It scare's the Cr*p out of people. :eek:

If I have time to set it up properly I use the little tin that the tea light candles come in. Melt the wax out first then fill the tin with talc (don't use flour as it will explode) then place a piece of thin paper over the top and seal with tape, glue or candle wax. Then the tin is fixed just below the 12g blank. When the mine is tripped the powder is blown into the air. Simples!

I have another booby trap version the details of which I will not disclose. So far it has worked every time it's deployed and you never know when we might meet. :D

Comment

Like the talc trick I'll add a tea light attachment to my claymore.

Comment

It works a treat. But just to reiterate Do Not Use Flour! Have yet to find a way to colour talc a bright orange colour though.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                        It works a treat. But just to reiterate Do Not Use Flour! Have yet to find a way to colour talc a bright orange colour though.
                        Mix it with food colouring. When it dries, simply grind it back to a fine powder using a bowl and the back of a spoon.

Three guesses who's dyed flour in the past!
                        sigpic

Comment

yeh I know about flour, it burns skin when airborne in powder form, thats why people throw flour bombs. Dangerous stuff lol

Could use moulding pigments. They're powders that you add to silicon and stuff to change the colour of the cast. Not sure whether there are any risks of making that airborne.

Comment

Try using blue chalk powder that builders use for marking chalk lines on walls

Comment

The only problem with coloured builders chalk's is they can stain certain items and I don't want to be replacing Jag's muli-sham :D Talc on the other hand dissipates quite well after contact. Might try the food colouring though.

The biggest problem with using flour is that it will explode when aerialist and introduced to a source of ignition :eek:

I have tried party poppers filled with 0.12g BB's and they work quite well but I have not yet made a holder that is easy to mount. The poppers will be great at an urban site when I get them working properly. They only cost pence to manufacture so you can leave them all over the place and not have to spend all day retrieving your expense traps. Plus they are low power and have a very short range 5mtrs max so they could be mounted at almost point blank range on a door frame and will scare the pant's of people.:D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

migwar Find out more about migwar
                              Working...
                              X