Need a long range sniper in every squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a long range sniper in every squad

From personal experience, every squad attacking or defending you need some one with a long range sniper. We and some others where defending, and we where all watching the bottom of a hill. Suddenly a enemy sniper started picking us off. Nobody had anywhere near enough range to take him out, so it left us vunerable as we couldnt look above our cover. Attacking it is vital as you cant really take them out in a massive assault, as the majority of you would be hit and you would need somebody to pick them off.

Re: Need a long range sniper in every squad

erm yes??
    Originally posted by Coz
    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

i think what he is trying to say is always make sure youve got a sniper???
      Originally posted by parky
      If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

When your a sniper can you have any secondary weapon that you want???? Its just a mate was telling me that you cant have two automatics (I currently have an m4 as my primary and just bought a mp5k as my secondary) he was saying most sites wont allow this, is this true?

Comment

I think it depends on what the fps is for the MP5K. On a skirmish i saw a guy who had a bolt-action sniper and a automatic assault rifle but im not 100% sure.

Comment

You can carry what ever the heck you want, only rule that may apply to is mil sim.

Sniper in every team? i find it be effective for the whole freaking battalion to be together like we are GZW.

Comment

I think in Airsoft you really have to add a definition to the word 'sniper'.

Is it the guy with a gun that simply looks like a sniper rifle?

Or the guy with a high velocity / high accuracy & longer ranged gun?

Sniper is a broad term. The guy doesn't even have to be armed and I think you could still call him a sniper.

If a guy with a standard AEG is doing a reccy or even close target observation, could you call him a sniper? (I would)

But I agree, a guy in your fire team with a long ranged weapon is benefitial. But only if he knows how to be a competent sniper!

Comment

i own a TM VSR 10 pro, the range is nice but i wouldnt class my slef as a 'sniper' when i use it as a primary i would go by the term, 'recon'. Sniping is fun, but i think a decent AEG is very affective against any sniper.
                "Matey" - The most over used word on any airsoft forum....

Comment

i have a m4a1 which i have modded to a DMR, got a 4x32mm tasco scope, 500mm m14 barrel and a bipod, Its great range and can still flip to full auto for fun

Comment

if you haven't already - check out my sniping tactics thread -(link in my sig)

a "sniper" is technically a guy with a longer ranged - more accurate rifle than his comrades.

as i say in the other thread I don't particularly like using the term in airsoft. I can only think of one other term which works - which is "hunter"

"sniping" as we all know can be very affective in airsoft. but having snipers trying to take each other out - while immense fun - is counter productive.

from a counter sniper view - an aeg is much more effective.

if you are out in the open taking pot shots at people - that isn't sniping.

sniping is a slow game - you take your time - conceal yourself well and take out targets without being seen (ideally)
                    Originally posted by Coz
                    Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

Snipers in airsoft dont follow cod principles where you run around and get evenly matched against a rifle, airsoft sniping is all about putting that distance between you and that guy and hiding, theres a reason why sniper rifles are sniper rifles in airsoft, they have far more range at lower fps as well than AEG's.

Comment

I can see how having a long gun in a squad can be benificial. However for anti sniper perposes there is realy no advantage in my books. If you have your head screwed on as a sniper the 1st target you should be engaging is anything that could potentialy match you for range. Personaly I think a long gun/sniper in a squad should be used more for pinning targets and destroying moral.

Curtis

Comment

I have only heard of restrictions to backup weapons in Mil/Film Sim and CQB. I am planning on going to the "In Country" at CSW this summer and they only allow pistols as side arms for the event (plus alot of other restrictions due to it being a Nam soft event). But for your average woodland skirmish the sky is the limit. I know one person who had a M60 as a primary and a M249 as his backup

Comment

I think what you are saying here is always utilise covering fire to support an assault. This can be provided by anything, but for maximum effectiveness a support weapon would do the job well. Basically, cover a frontal assault with direct and sustained pinning fire whilst the main force moves up without too much opposition and can breach the objective.

I guess for added effectiveness, a flanking "sniper" team can take out targets and slow down any efforts to reinforce the besieged objective.

Comment

i am a member of a 6 man team we have 1 support gunner 4 gunner and myself and my pal are sniper and as we have said in the thread its about getting dug in out of site and waiting for them to come along and take them out me and my pal have coms and keep in touch ever 5 min one takes high ground and one takes low ground we both use cheap l96 pushing 475fps they have great range so in my eyes sniper are a must in a good team

hope my in put helps

j

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bolt-Sniper |TM VSR-10 PRO SNIPER|G&G GR-16 Carbine| Find out more about Bolt-Sniper
                              Working...
                              X