Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CQB Standoff

I suppose this is a "What would you do?" thread

I'm fairly new to CQB and I keep running into the same situation.
    Long corridor with cover at either end, one team will be taking on a defender role so as an attacker you have to push forward leaving you at a disadvantage.
    Dark enough that you can't see the attackers or where the edges of their cover is until either, they wack their laser/torch on or you are half way up the corridor.

Some moveable cover is available, but you have to crouch behind it and be a skinny guy.

How would you go about pushing forward and breaking their defence? (Without grenades, the place I go restricts their use until end of the day)

Re: CQB Standoff

iwould run with surpressing fire going down their end?
    Originally posted by parky
    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Only one thing for it really.

Works best on a long corridor with rooms all the way down it. (Urban Assault prime example!)

On the count of 3.... two guys lean out the door either side and unleash some full auto down the corridor. The are standing and shooting high. Then 2 run low under the stream of fire into the next cover.

....and repeat :D

Comment

Go round.

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
          On the count of 3.... two guys lean out the door either side and unleash some full auto down the corridor. The are standing and shooting high. Then 2 run low under the stream of fire into the next cover.
          ^^What he said! :D

Comment

Originally posted by B.E.N. View Post
            Go round.
            lol
            what if there isnt another way round
            If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

The main principle for the execution of this manouver is simple. Firepower. Lots of it, and it being unrelenting.
              Basically, keep firing, dont let up on it, keep rounds going down the corridor until you either kill whats at the end. Best tactic for this involves 4 people. Two put down fire while the first pair move up the corridor a tactical bound (To behind cover). Then, once first pair is in, they put down fire until the second pair is either level or a tac bound beyond them. This is known as leap frogging. Just remember, no movement without cover fire and youll be on top of them before they know whats going on!

Comment

Thanks for the tips

Comment

or surrender if you think the situation looks grim :D

no just joking. Its best to run with guns blazing

Comment

Even repetitive single shots will keep heads down so there's no need for you to waste tons of ammo.

Comment

yup pepperpotting with precise aimed suppressive fire is often the best airsoft tactic.

Comment

what i do is if someones behind cover
                        i always try and control their movements
                        every time they look like there gonna try and poke their heads out just put a little burst near tem and they will go straight back behind the cover

It's sniper RIFLE.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Even repetitive single shots will keep heads down so there's no need for you to waste tons of ammo.
                          ^^^Best bit of advice is right here ^^^

Dont just pour thousands of bbs down a corridor as you probably wouldnt like it to much if thats what was coming your way. firing off a couple of rounds a second is enough to keep peoples heads down as really it only takes one BB to take them out. Spray too much and they are just gonna assume its all ricochets and probably not take the genuine hits.

At the end of the day though the more you play the more you will find what works best for you and sometimes you are just going to struggle to advance on someone with way better cover than you.

Neil
                          sigpic

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=101821

Comment

Fire and maneuver! Always works! well considering you get airsofters that are ex forces or know how to do this. Otherwise, its only airsoft, a couple of sacrificial lambs down the corridor to thin the enemy force down.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

we have a corridor like that at the site i play - at night

tracer rounds

use em as suppressing fire

its amazing how well it works

even the hardened air softers dont want to stick their head out when you light up the corridor like that

also we use single shot only and it still has a good effect

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SoSwift Find out more about SoSwift
                              Working...
                              X