Single or full auto?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single or full auto?!

I always use semi/single action. i got my XM set to fire very quickly with Hi torque gears and big batt. The though process mainily being if you have applied the correct principle you will hit your target dont and miss, better loose a round than a mag.
    Plus the more you fire the more you presnt yourself as a target, doesnt always turn out like this.
    I nly use auto when i need something surpressed
    Never Really Got that: BOOM ha ha Big 50

Comment

In theory I would say single shot.

But I have heard it uses more battery power to stop the gear mechanism dead in the correct position ready for the next shot. On auto the gears just stop where ever they are when you release the trigger (which I suppose has disadvantages in itself).

(Is that even correct?) Or just a myth.. :S

So, yeah single shot if not worrying about that tiny thing. But Auto seems more fun. Fuck can't decide. I would say it's best to have auto then just burst, then you can decide on the fly.
      If you open your mind too much, your brain will fall out.

Comment

Necropost.

It does use more power to stop the gear mechanism dead. IF you have an active breaking mosfet. Otherwise it dosen't. Because it doesn't stop it. On semi, a lever gets nudged which cuts the power to the motor, so it just stops turning. It's timed to make it so that if things work properly you get one shot per trigger pull. If you bump up the voltage enough, it'll happily end up firing more than once on semi.

I say semi, because its cheaper most of the time. Auto has its uses.
        On the other hand, the selector switch isn't hard to reach, or turn. Even I'm not that lazy to set it at the start of the game and leave it there out of sheer lethargy.

Comment

I use semi exclusively but you are quite wrong about how aegs do single shots.

The cutoff lever is actuated by the rotation of the sector gear and physically prevents the gears from turning .
          This is why semi can sometimes use more battery than burst .

Basically unless you let go of the trigger as soon as the single shot is completed ,the circuit to the motor will still be open and the motor will be trying to turn just with the cutoff lever preventing the gears from turning

If you let go off the trigger the circuit is now shut and no power used .

To break it down if you hold the trigger down for 3 seconds it will use the same amount of battery for a burst of 3 secs or just the one shot being released in that 3 secs if set to semi.

I probably made that a lot more complicated than required but oh well

Comment

So if what you're saying is accurate 1st commando, holding the trigger down after a shot on semi, for longer than you would sensibly, like say 5 minutes, has a good chance of burning out the motor and killing the battery?

I am certain the cutoff lever disengages the trigger contacts, and does not stop the gears.

I've just had a look on another forum via google and a technical thread there agrees with me. (top result when you google "what does a cut off lever do"). I wanted to check, as I've never really played with the cutoff lever, despite having had a GB open countless times infront of me.

Comment

it is supposed to cut off the supply but most semi auto failiures I have seen have been because this doesn't happen . However I am going to re-read my post as I foolishly posted first thing this morning afetr been up most of the night for a night game before having to go to work :S

Likelyhood is that I made no sense and got it all wrong

Comment

i have got to agree with majourlandmark it cuts the electrical circuite to the motor, it does not prevent the gears from moving, in order to re connect the circuite you have to release the trigger and then pull it again
                PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

I do too, ignore my post this morning I was obviously asleep

Comment

Semi for designated games otherwise my toys have 3 settings - Safe, Chrono & Kill

Comment

Have completely changed my game style recently, seems to be working better for me as well... Before, I was strictly burst fire except for the odd occasion, but now I use single, burst and full auto depending on what's going on at the time and what mode fits best... Single is great but doesn't always have the desired effect that a constant burst or full auto has, on the other hand sometimes single is all you need!

Comment

Hmmm... Nice topic.
                        With the legendary 600 round AK high-caps, i find it far to tempting to not full auto most of the time.
                        Granted, i wont fire in 90 round bursts, mainly keeping fire to 6 - 10 round bursts. Some guys do need peppering a little until they 'realise' they've been hit, so auto is a must.
                        Last edited by Gaffa; 23 February, 2011, 23:50. Reason: Don't be disrespectful to others!

Comment

Originally posted by HullAL09 View Post
                          Some guys do need peppering a little until they 'realise' they've been hit, so auto is a must.
                          +1. I also have an Ak and I full auto mostly. With 600 rounds and 3 or 4 magazines, ammo ain't much of a problem. When I had my m14 I used semi more. I guess it depends on gun a little because the ROF and range was roughly the same, but the m14 made me feel like I should semi.
                          Last edited by Gaffa; 23 February, 2011, 23:50.

Comment

If im using a 9.6, ill go semi-auto much more, because of the quicker trigger pull. With an 8.4 its slower, so ill just stick to full auto to avoid the gearbox locking up

Comment

none. silent kill ftw
                              My youtube channel

Comment

Full auto with short bursts.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X