Single or full auto?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single or full auto?!

Well i mainly now i use full auto all the time. As my Sten Gun is my only AEG as of now. So only have that choice. But when i have an AEG with the semi auto option i always use it. Even in fire fights. Again due to my military training.
    "Sometimes seen but never heard"

Comment

Too much semi may start to damage your gun over time, a friend has an ARES Tavor and the connectors melted themselves together after a while... Saying that I use a TM/CYMA M14 hybrid and have had nothing like that happen to me.
      Semi is a good thing is you want to preserve ammo

Comment

Thats the first i've ever heard of that happening. Been softing for 7+ years now. Sounds more like the fuse went.

Comment

Never underestimate the importance of over kill. that is all.

Comment

With many manufacturers of AEG's, people recommend not to use the Semi feature as over time it ''breaks'' and then all you got is Safety and Full left to use. Basically you'll set it to Semi and it don't fire, not sure why this is though.

Comment

Again not really heard of or experieced that. I only ever use my AEG's on semi. CA M15A4 rifle, TM AK47, TM famas. And my current aeg is a Sten but that full auto only.

I'm more of a gas gun man anyway.

Comment

I use semi all the time, i had enough of AEG`s jamming or breaking because of the excessive trigger use so i have now gone GBB best decision ever
                itrader-

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103492

Comment

I had a GBB AGM Navy seals M4 but I didn't have the cash to make it skirmishable at the time so i sold it sharpish
                  Was a nice gun, just the hop was crap

Comment

Ive never heard of semi-auto breaking and if it did it would most likely be the selector switch? Also connectors melting together? Think that might be a bigger problem then using the aeg on semi. As for the question i generally use full-auto in a fire-fight and semi-auto if I want a precision shot\Or dont want to draw too much attension to myself.

Also a question for Dave1, just out of intrest do they train you to use semi-auto in the military? And if so is there a specific reason such as accuracy or ammo control? Just intrested if you dont mind mate, cheers.
                    sigpic If you sell, buy or trade with me please remeber to leave feedback!

Comment

nope, fuse was fine but I suppose the tamiyas must have gotten so hot they fused together, the metal isn't very thick to begin with on tamiyas
                      His trigger contacts where black too, really badly damaged by trigger arching

Comment

I like short bursts if i'm honest. Semi is just too slow for me

Comment

being ex forces myself and bought up on single shot i thought i go one better i take delivery of an fn fal on sunday morning should bring back lots of mixed memorys some good some bad

Comment

Quite simply I never use semi on my fire selector... I just twitch my finger enough to fire single shots or short bursts never more than a few rounds anyway

Comment

full auto short bursts to conserve ammo and prevent your motor from burning out
                              Float like a butterfly,
                              Sting like a bb.

Comment

Semi... Alwas used to use full auto but got a new gun and it kept skipping shots on full auto so switched to semi and havn't looked back!! Only time I now use full auto is when I'm playing a 'bad guy' and running round with an Ak, but only ever spray from the hip or whilst waving it above my head like a muppet. Lol

I challenge anyone who uses full auto (yes even bursts) to go semi auto ONLY for their next 2-3 games. I found very quickly after changing to semi my tactics improved, since it's alot harder to shoot over great distances, and I actually started to zero in and use my sights. Just try it, no excuses, no matter what happens, stick with it and let us know how it's goes.

Wish some of these guys that use 2-5 round bursts would come play with me as I keep getting shot to f@*k by full auto but maybe that's because I'm crap lol
                                Catch me on Instagram @Weaponhit_Robson

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X