Single or full auto?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Single or full auto?!

Not airsoft related but I've got a mate who's in the armed responce unit in Derbyshire and according to him they fire mostly MP5s and Sig 556s (I think that's what he said), anyway he said they are never allowed to fire more than 1 round at a time. Infact I'm sure he said their MP5s don't even have auto on the selector switch, that must really suck...

Comment

I do a nice mix of the odd semi shot here and there, but mostly burst firing on full auto. It's a nice compromise between the ammo efficiency of semi and the 'making people keep their heads down'-ness of full auto. Never more than a 2 second burst, 80% of the time no more than about four or five shots per burst.
      "When the pin is pulled out, Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend" - US Army Training Manual

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/member.php?u=103033

Comment

Originally posted by Mattplus View Post
        Not airsoft related but I've got a mate who's in the armed responce unit in Derbyshire and according to him they fire mostly MP5s and Sig 556s (I think that's what he said), anyway he said they are never allowed to fire more than 1 round at a time. Infact I'm sure he said their MP5s don't even have auto on the selector switch, that must really suck...
        This is true, the police have a version of the MP5 that cannot fire full auto. They call it a 'special assault carbine' or something like that (even though it fires pistol ammo). So basically, it's a really big handgun
        "When the pin is pulled out, Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend" - US Army Training Manual

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/member.php?u=103033

Comment

Short bursts on full auto for me. that way, rather than having a close miss, and giving the target time to duck out the way, follow it up with another 4 or 5 and make sure he gets hit!

Comment

cqb i always fire semi, if i need to fire more i just keep pulling the trigger
            woodland i fire 5/6 bb bursts just to make sure theyre dead :D
            BB
            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

allways placed single shots for me, dont tend to use full auto unless someone is blatantly not taking hits or didnt feel a hit or something

Comment

if i cant get some one with a burst theres no point getting them. If i have to use more than 1 mag of 0.28s at 350 fps, then they are cheating also making it pointless. Im there for the experience, not to fire 2000 rounds at a tree or bush on the off chance one gets through. That said people dont take singles at range you have to fire a good burst.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  Im a mixture really, Ill go for well aimed shots when its called for, but suppressive fire for team movement.
                  what he said :D

Comment

I tend to use mainly semi, and on the odd occasion use auto for a brief 3-4 burst.
                    Originally posted by massey666
                    I wouldnt worry mate, a quick shot in the garden wont make a whole SAS team jump out the bushes and fill you full of lead :P

Comment

2 second burst's for me, i run midcaps, so i occasionally pull of a nice semi auto kill. M249- Obviously auto, doesn't have semi.

Its quite weird though, after looking at some other peoples post's, everyone wants to have a insane ROF one minute, and the next minute, they claim they only use semi?
                      Last edited by Lukey b; 6 October, 2010, 18:50.
                      sigpic

Comment

Depends on the site but i prefer single shot for most of my gaming only turning to full auto if someone is not taking there hits etc Woodland sites allow for auto more that urban where you can get bogged down in doorways or on stairs etc, out local cqb site used to run full auto but the players voted for single shot and the game plays are so much better now

Ask about joining the UNIT

Comment

I very rarely take my rifle off of semi, in most cases I'll put a succession of double taps down.
                          Get it right roon ye!

Comment

Originally posted by stealthy View Post
                            Depends on the site but i prefer single shot for most of my gaming only turning to full auto if someone is not taking there hits etc
                            This is where the P90 trigger system helps. Leave it set on full auto, and just squeeze a little for Semi. Then when you get annoyed and jam the trigger into the stop - full auto.

Comment

3 round burst/Semi

Comment

Well with my custom MP5 trigger set its like the P90's so its easy for both and it didn't cost me a penny!

Originally posted by Ominous Slayer
                                A brain?
                                Originally posted by snuff
                                Can I borrow yours it's hardly used...

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElZer0 I was born, stuff happend Find out more about ElZer0
                                Working...
                                X