Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decoys

Ok guys, Lets talk about decoy tactics.

Whether it be the infamous helmet on a wall, hat on a branch, gun barrel stuck out etc.

Me and guard sniper just had an amazing yet very amusing idea while on the phone. Make an M82A1 flash hider out of wood, put it on a stick that has been router-ed (the machine that makes grooves etc) with the grooves for an m82 barrel, paint it all black/gun metal grey and stick it through a bush to see how many people cack themselves!

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Re: Decoys

Ahh decoys
    Ive got a mate that is a bit of a pyro nut and he uses smoke grenades with an electric fuse that he can remote detonate and it works (if its not wet anyway)
    and as for the helmet on a stick ive fallen for it
    and ive done it aswell it allways works in my oppinion.

Comment

Ah another good one i have seen is to put a spare ghillie down near you in an obvious spot.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

i always make a decoy in this bush near a area called the village at my local site i simply stick my helmet on a bush and everyone thinks i am trying to flank them while im coming from the other side
        it doesnt always work but its fun
        sorry if im confusing
        Originally posted by parky
        If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

Helmet on a stick idea... Love it! :D

Comment

I genuinely got abuse from the other team once for sticking my hat on of the barrel and waving it about whilst pinned behind a barricade. Firstly they were complaining to Marshall as I [my hat, lol] was "not taking his hits". When they found out it was a hat on a barrel, they then were complaining they'd wasted their BB's.

Personally, I'd have found it pretty funny if my whole team had wasted time assaulting a hat. I think some people take it a little toooooo seriously at time :D

Comment

A honest to god genuine tactic have seen it in many movies...... used it last game on blind corners. (must have side arm or secondary weapon just in case the drawn fire hits the gun you hat is on).

I question what is going though the minds of the players that don't use it and stick their head out.

Comment

Done this before at GZW with my MARPAT hat. Was just pinned to hell behind a wood barricade so went prone behind it and using a stick poked my hat up over the barricade, my hat proceeded to get utterly pelted and I popped up to the right of my hat which was propped with the stick and managed to get the dudes shooting my hat. One of my most satisfying Airsoft moments.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I have used my GF as a decoy sent her running out screaming and people turned to look and were kind enough to not shoot her too much so the rest of our team could get the jump on them.

But on a slightly more serious note. I have left my rifle wedged in a tree poking out where you would expect to see it and snuck off with my side arm and waited for people to come up and investigate.

Comment

that 1st one made me laugh abandon
                    as did jags
                    Originally posted by parky
                    If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

have put my tac vest down with a stick infront lookin like a rifle, slowly draws attention from various directions.
                      sadly i got seen as i didn't move i the breeze like the plants next to me did lol
                      RC Aircraft for sale or swap with M4! - http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=53131

Comment

I play cqb, so I've quite often removed my taclight and placed it on a desk or something to draw attention. Then I flank, kill, and usually forget to pick my torch back up..

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

we have like a big midlse section of the site with 2 entrances so our team were attacking and the other defending we went to run in the left side so they whent to ambush us and then ran in the right side very good decoys. also have stuck hats and helmets out very funny

Comment

The decoy usually tends to be me. Last trip airsofting, I managed to keep most of an entrenched position busy while the others crept round the back.

Make noise, run around, fire at anything that sticks it's head out, perfect strategy. Two guns also helps.
                            Altus Volo Mugio Extraho

Comment

The torch on a table is a great decoy - I also forget to go pick it up.

We always play a warm up game of virus - anyone that's shot can get tagged in by another player and joins their team (so you can go back and forth), and quite like honey traps - shoot one player and then instead of tagging him to your team you camp him waiting for other players to come strolling up to tag him in and shoot them as well
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aribos Find out more about aribos
                              Working...
                              X