Shotgun tactics-woodland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shotgun tactics-woodland

I used a DE shottie at GZ woodland and got a fair few kills, also used at my local urban/woodland site and got many there. It's worth taking to woodland. I found i was the guy completing all the objective's as a pose to everyone else with M4's and combat vests as well.
    Originally posted by hellbound
    Magpul'ed guns wish they had Chuck Norris attachments

Comment

my gearbox jammed one time n i needed to use my shotgun for an hour or two, sneaking around was quite fun and the de ones are silent
      sigpic

Comment

Snipe. It's surprisingly effective if you use the same sneaky tactics as snipers just at a shorter range. The spread gives you a bonus to them though and as a whole they're very good for snap shots.

I'd agree with travelling light but I would say learn when to hold your position/fire or even just don't cock the rounds straight away. Not many people use one they often aren't used to listening out for the shots in the same way leaving you undetected for a while. Though when you are detected a good pistol/smg is very handy to have!

Tom

TM SPAS12 with folding stock
        sigpic

Comment

i have a m56 that jakes shells, 10 shots with every shell. 3 bb's at a time.
          i find that if you count how many shots you shoot you shoot, you will remember when your out of bb's and you don't fire dry shots.

Comment

Orignally point men in woods carried shotguns in places such as Malaysia. It worked realy well at the time, cant see why it wouldnt still work
            Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

The only time I've ever done this I ended up stripped down to aussie combats, a sleeveless t-shirt and a dozen shells in my pocket. Mostly cos I got waaaay to hot trying to run around as much as I need to to have a chance to get any kills.
              It doesn't really work though to be honest. Far better off with an aeg. Fun as a one off but not worth it as a long term thing. Good to get fit though lol
              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
              I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

i was using a shotty the other day, while attacking a bunker in a mates quarry,
                unfortunately i was pinned in a shed by massive amounts of aeg fire, so make sure you always have someone to back you up and give cover fire while you run in the base for some cqb kills. also if you need to shoot a bunch of guys quickly and your close enough it helps to have a semi auto shotgun, i no they are few and far between but it saves you valuble time if you dont need to cock it.

hope this is helpful

Comment

1 word run
                  as fast as possible or... be a sneaky s.o.b and flank the enemy as much as you can
                  Originally posted by Evansy
                  Those aren't steroids. Chris had two orphan children grafted to his arms.

Comment

Think your being chased by a tiger or something similiar while listening to some drum and bass or similiar alternative; This way your sprint as fast as you can and hopefully the music will give you some enthusiasm and make you more determined to reach your goal.

It's hard to explain but i use this tactic with my pistol, works a treat.:D

Comment

I just don't see the use of shotguns at all!! Maybe if they fired multiple shot like a real shotgun!

Comment

At my local site, they are perfect for running through the village clearing the huts with a blast through each doorway as you go past.

Nice spread of 3 bbs per shot, then rack and shoot the next one

It's often a bit suicidal, but you make good headway for the rest of the team !!!

Pics(c) www.apocalypse249.com

Comment

Well been a while since I last looked at this thread but yeah I digress. I totally agree with you spagley that's all I ever seem to do lately, be the suicidal guy who he marshals look at and just shake their heads
                          BOOM!

Comment

if im ever stuck i load 1 bb into each de m56 shell and you will be surprised by the range and accuracy can pick off targtes allday long :D

Comment

God for you Spagley, airsoftings is definetly more entertaning if your suicidal You get all the jobs no one else would touch like clearing stairs and bunkers, great fun
                              Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

Agreed. It's an adrenalin sport, and nothing gets that pumping faster than a 'spirited' charge into danger

In some cases it's all you can do, when you find that a load of the players are just 'tree plinkers' with no intention of pushing forwards in case they have to take 4 or 5 mins out of the game to respawn...

I'll have a chat with some of the marine guys at the Apocalypse training day to see if they have any tips for encouraging a squad to push forward, without having to resort to Russian 'Commissar' methods of shooting those who are unwilling :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bukkerz Find out more about Bukkerz
                                Working...
                                X