Woodland Pistol Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodland Pistol Tactics

As above, What are good pistol tactics for woodland?

And I mean proper full on, 1911's, Glocks and M9s. Not those MP7/Uzi Types
    Originally posted by B.E.N.
    Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
    Tactical bed covers...
    Double or single?

Re: Woodland Pistol Tactics

Was playing a skirmish this weekend where I was the squad medic, and due to a mis-communication I ended up leaving my primary at our base and advancing with nothing but my trusty TM FN-5.7 and a TM Sig P226 Id borrowed off a team mate

Everything went surprisingly much better than expected! I got some incredible kills with it (and some flukey ones ranging out to about 20-25m!)

Only having one mag was a significant drawback though. so top tip for woodland pistol play, spare mags and lots of em!

Also depending on your site rules, fit a laser! Nothing makes people duck and cover quicker than seeing a red dot on thier chest, even if youre miles out of range, they dont know that! Several times I just placed a dot on them to see them drop or thier team mate freak out and push them down.

And, take advantage of how much faster you can move having free hands and not luigging a big AEG round, run, jump, dodge and weave in and out of cover and youll find yourself easily within pistol pwnage range rather quickly (side note: helps if youre fit! Im not and this reminded me of justh ow unfit I am! oops!)

Also, its more fun and at the end of the day isnt that what airsoft is all about? Fun? The sheer grin factor of running in with a GBB pistol and scoring some good kills, feels much better than an AEG. Yes you're heavily upgraded M4 might be firing 25bbs a second, but I guarantee Im having 25 times more fun!

Oh and if nothing else, you will look significantly more badass dual wielding pistols when everyone around you has AEGs.

Last edited by Tiercel; 18 May, 2010, 17:55.

Comment

that sounds bril Tiercel
      sigpic

Comment

I use them as backups or for room clearing if I am using my M16's as the are too long to do CQB with. My primaries have double the range of my pistols so they see alot more action.

Comment

i had a similar experience to tiercel during my first game here in hk.
          my m4 ran out of juice, so as it was being charged, i took my glock 23 onto the field. because i was being much more careful and sneaky, i got more kills with it than i did the rest of the day. it allowed me much more freedom to run and flank the enemy.
          even if you have your aeg with you, try slinging it over your back and running in with a pistol. the change in style of play works like a dream!

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/jonintheshell

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/airsoftwargamefilms

Comment

Last year my G36 died on me in the first 2 hours of the Copehill weekender. Not a happy bunny at all. Had to rely on my Glock 18c, turns out to be the best thing to happen to me. Had a wicked time diving in and out of windows and generally being a sneaker bugger. Also means i had to get much closer than i would have had my G36 survived. Overall it improved my game play and enjoyment. Got some wicked kills, up close and personal. Even got close enough to put the barrel against a few backs and ask if they wanted the good news!

Comment

+1 on above (but my guns dont die ) i choose to run with a pistol as some point during the day as it is soo much fun, it forces you to be a better player somewhat, at least with being quiet, picking your shots etc, tis great fun...especially when you pop the same guy a 3rd time cos you sneaked up on him hehhehe
              back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

Ditto!
                And with airsoft guns there isn't such a huge difference in range and accuracy between a good pistol and a bad AEG. I find that if you're behind cover and letting the enemy come to you then pistols are great because you're more mobile, quicker to pop up and down, in and out, and they're coming into your range anyway. Just save your rounds until they're close enough and if they are using low or mid caps then wait for them to start reloading and then charge them. Excellent fun.
                I have to be honest though, if I'm going pistol then I usually stick with AEG guys and use them for cover until I'm close enough to engage the enemy on my own terms.

Comment

Tiercel I don't get how having them see a red dot on their chest causing them to move behind cover and out of your LOF is usefull... if you can put a dot on their chest, why not just shoot them?

Comment

Another question for Tiercel, what laser do you use? - Very intersted!

Anyway, running around pistol only is fun; even better when its a pistol only match! :D

Comment

Originally posted by SoSwift View Post
                      Tiercel I don't get how having them see a red dot on their chest causing them to move behind cover and out of your LOF is usefull... if you can put a dot on their chest, why not just shoot them?
                      Mostly because the laser has a greater range than the actual gun itself. So if Im too far away to actually hit them, but within range of thier AEG, its a good way to get them to stop firing. Which gives you time to advance and get within range. Remember with a pistol youve only got 25 or so shots (less if its only a single stack mag!) wheras the guy with an AEG has hundreds, especially if its a newbie getting his hands on a rental gun and a hicap mag for the first time! :P youve gotta make yours count!

Another question for Tiercel, what laser do you use? - Very intersted!
                      Just a cheap unbranded chinasoft, got it off bay of e for pennies, came with a nice RIS mount and I think it looks badass on my 5.7... although I REALLY want a LAM unit for it, but having tried putting a Mk23 SOCOM lam on it, it doesnt fit =/ it seems the SOCOM has something like a 25mm RIS rail just to be awkward, so the LAM wont fit anything else. Might invest in a better laser at some point, but what Ive got works for now

(P.S - I am working on a better way of attatching the laser pressure pad! honest! it just happened that at the time of the skirmish the only tape I had available was sniper tape! couldnt find black electrical tape for love nor money!)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iAndersonzxX FIT. Find out more about iAndersonzxX
                      Working...
                      X