Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How can you tell if you've been hit with a 'hot' gun?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can you tell if you've been hit with a 'hot' gun?

Hi everyone, I've heard from people and friends during a skirmish 'oh, that stupid kid has a hot gun' how can you feel or tell if the gun is simply above site limits? (hot as in, 'too powerful' or over the required limits)

Some sites I've visited hardly chronograph guns, (this is in general) unless of course it was a indoors site for obvious reasons.

Basically, how can you tell the difference in game? - Would it give much more impact? Would the projectile travel faster?

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are always welcomed!

Re: How can you tell if you've been hit with a 'hot' gun?

You'll soon learn most claims are by wimps!

People think something hurts too much, and have a winge about it.

At my local woodland site, and some guy was kicking off about a "hot gun" which had been earlier crono'd at under 300fps!

Comment

Under 300fps? - Wimp!

I've been shot in the head (wearing a helmet) and makes a loud 'TING' noise, sounds different with different weights - but I cannot tell FPS though.

Comment

To an extent experience can tell you whether a gun might be hot or not. It's not reliable though. As a rule, if there is blood. Everywhere. Its probably hot. Other than that, some shots just hurt more depending on where it hits, what temperature it is outside and how much adrenaline is in you. If you really genuinely feel that someones gun is running hot, take their tag number and ask the marshals to give them a 'random' fps check if they see them. No harm done if you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorLandmark View Post
          If you really genuinely feel that someones gun is running hot, take their tag number and ask the marshals to give them a 'random' fps check if they see them. No harm done if you're wrong.
          A 'Random' FPS check happened to me with the old M4A1. 2 People about 40 meters away were complaining that my gun was 'Hot'. 304-306 FPS is NOT 'Hot'. Some people are just little girls inside. They were both about 12 too, With bright green G36C's.
          Originally posted by B.E.N.
          Originally posted by TheLazymarksman
          Tactical bed covers...
          Double or single?

Comment

Yeah but say you get shot from 50 metres away with a 330 fps gun.
            it is gonna hurt more if you are shot from 10 metres away with the same rifle for example.
            Originally posted by parky
            If you're looking for a good sniper, I hear Vassily Zaitsev is good this time of year.

It's sniper RIFLE.

What do they teach these 19 year olds these days...

Comment

if the the round sticks in your skin, and you have to squeeze it out its definately hot. Especially if it does it through clothes .Otherwise its a sniper shooting under the med

Comment

hard to say if its a hot gun without a chrono...

without comparing two guns from the same range i dont think you would be able to tell unless the pellet hit you and burst throught the otherside of your body in a bloody mess.....then you know its hot....

for instance last sunday i was hit in the head whilst running by an aeg of some kind and it felt like a rock hitting me in the forehead..... as i walked away i thought "f*ck that gun must be hot"....... then turned around to se he had popped out from behind a tree roughly 2 metres away from me......:eek:
                Prepare for the worst, but expect the best.

Originally posted by Bezza806
                I always thought anime had to involve girls, tentacles and some sort of bondage.....?

Comment

Agreed, unless it leave a exist would, it is hard to gauge due to range to loss of sting factor.

Comment

Some one on my site had a 'hot' ak aeg never thought it was possible haha shooting at 460-470 Fps that would hurt hahaha :S
                    My iTrader:
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=103714

sigpic

Comment

460 fps? ... damn

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                      Working...
                      X