Pistol and hand-held Torch techniques

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistol and hand-held Torch techniques

While looking for the best way to hand hold a torch and pistol (if like me you rent a pistol so you cant mount a torch) i stumbled across this 'how to' guide showing you a few different techniques...

any of these used by anyone??

(I personally have been practicing both the Harries and the Rogers Techniques as I use a small led torch)

Re: Pistol and hand-held Torch techniques

thanks for that mate, never know when it might come in handy?

Nick

Comment

I was taught the Harries technique (though I didn't know what it was called). Personally I feel it's the best way to keep the flashlight and gun sights in line.

A friend who did a CP course in South Africa was shown a version of it where the flashlight hand goes over the top of the gun hand making the weight of the light help to control the recoil. Sounds good in theory, but to me a slight mistake in hand position and the slide will foul on your weak hand wrist.
      sigpic

Comment

The Surefire website offers some good pointers
        sigpic

Originally posted by Savaged Wolf

Snowdrop - hes quiet but always there ! like a jedi

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
          I was taught the Harries technique (though I didn't know what it was called).

Same and also the FBI way but I copied them both from T.V.land

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Fi Steve View Post
            Same and also the FBI way but I copied them both from T.V.land
            the fbi way was the only one i knew, till i started looking them up.... good ole US television..:D

Comment

i like a slight variation of the Rogers technique, its held almost the same way except the thumb of the right hand is behind the onoff button of the torch
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I was just thinking about how to do this for Wednesday night at 1HQ.
                Good work Mr. fodder!
                Don't try to run, cos I have 120 little friends, and they can all run faster than you...

Comment

i just usd an offset mount for my torch on the bottom of the pistol then can actvate with your thumb but only good for railed pistols.
                  trader rating

Comment

Mounts are good, but I can't the gat into my holster with anything strapped onto it, so need to practice this technique. I've got one of those holster that you have to push forward to get the gun out.
                    Don't try to run, cos I have 120 little friends, and they can all run faster than you...

Comment

Harries for me. It just seems a natural position for both hands to be in
                      Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

need shoulder torch from aliens
                        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is that the light is also a target at night, so if you know you will encounter someone in a building, the farther it is from your body, the less likely you will get hit. To minimize this, if you have the light near or attached to your weapon, use a pressure switch and only turn the light on when you need it. This also prevents people from tracking you as you close, and even momentarily blinds them. Believe it or not, there are day long classes on the tactical application of flashlights!

Comment

I was told to hold the torch away from me (like the modified FBI stance but farther from body) as the theory goes people tend to shoot at the light they see..seems to work ok for me but cannot use everywhere depends on space.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Canonfodder Hi im Chris, 29, ive got a wife & 3 kids (5,5,3), im a Photographer by day, security guard by night Find out more about Canonfodder
                            Working...
                            X