Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a marksman in airsoft

Hey

I'm relativly new to airsoft and own a VSR-10 'real shock', i'v read the other tactics pages on the forum and incorporated peoples advice aswell as the 4 marksmanship principals into my shooting and gameplay. My vsr is stock (shooting only around 270fps) hitting a standard tokyo marui target at roughly 48ft ish. Can anybody give me any advice to improve my shooting? thank you guys!=D

Re: Becoming a marksman in airsoft

Have you adjusted the hop yet?

And you should think about getting some upgrades on that gun
    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

was playing with the hop up for quite some time and the result is very good!:D upgrades are a definite! Till then looks like Ebay will be of use for some general income

Comment

Do you mean technique- or gun upgrades?

Well I know a bit about technique, so here's some shooting advice:

Hold the gun firmly, but not to tight, with 2 hands.

When aiming, the gun will wobble slightly, keep focussed until the gun steady's for a second, then fire.

When pulling the trigger, have your finger already exerting a small amount of pressure on the trigger beforehand, and when you need to fire, pull firmly on the trigger, not hesitantly.

After pulling the trigger, don't immediately move the gun, hold it in place for a second, then move it, so you don't move the gun before the projectile leaves the barrel, and move the shot of target.

Hold the gun in the correct shooting stance, for rifles etc, that is with the stock in your shoulder, on the meaty part, just bellow your collar bone, with your legs apart, and leaning forwards very slightly, if there is a scope, position your head a few inches from it, not right next to it.

Line up the sights if you have sights that are like posts, IE, most handgun sights, align them so the front post is perfectly between the 2 rear posts, and if there is a notch on it, align that horizontally with the notches on the rear sights.

Hold the gun correctly, with one hand on the pistol grip, or equivalent, and the other either around the magazine, or on the handguard (Or foregrip if you have one), unless you're using a bi-pod, where it may not be quite as important, though still good practice.

If you are using a red dot sight, unless it is advertised as `0- parallax` (Such as Eotech Holographic sights) position your head so you are looking strait down it, not at an angle- as the dot will move depending on where you look at it from.

I'm sorry if some of this was obvious, but I thought I may as well right everything I know about the topic...
        I have an air rifle shaped exactly like your airsoft gun, and that's may basis for my advice- though If I'm wrong please correct me, as I always like some tips!
        Some of the advice only really applies to real steal also, such as the leaning in to the gun, as that is to counteract recoil, and keep you on target.

Hope I helped.
        When the 404 error message gets a 404 error message, you know it's bad...

Comment

Thats great thanks!:D some small things i'v missed out on, this has helped very much

Comment

glad I'm apreciated

Comment

Patience is the key. Get yourself some books on shooting, or trawl the internet. Mark Spicer's "Illustrated Manual of Sniper Skills" is a good start.

Comment

You could also try looking at air rifle hunting tactics and techniques, they help me quite well when 'softing
                Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

"Hold the gun correctly, with one hand on the pistol grip, or equivalent, and the other either around the magazine, or on the handguard (Or foregrip if you have one), unless you're using a bi-pod, where it may not be quite as important, though still good practice."

with a rifle and using the bipod (normally prone i'd assume) you might find having your none trigger hand holding the stock near your shoulder (effectively across your body as you're laid down) this allows you to make small controlled movements of the rifle.. and is about as steady a position as you can get!
                  http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=196931460381827

Comment

Originally posted by Evilllamas View Post
                    When pulling the trigger, have your finger already exerting a small amount of pressure on the trigger beforehand, and when you need to fire, pull firmly on the trigger, not hesitantly.
                    Your trigger pull should be smooth and continuous, if you get it right you should be almost surprised when it fires. Yes, you should get used to taking up any slack in the trigger, but a quick firm pull on the trigger will send your shot off target.
                    sigpic

Comment

I agree with rio having your hand on the top of the stock helps alot, also mess around with different weights of bbs, for instance ive had sniper rifles that work amazing at .36 but awfull at .30 and amazing at .20 but anything higher gives it a spin, sometimes they arnt conventional try a few out
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockinrobin View Post
                        Your trigger pull should be smooth and continuous, if you get it right you should be almost surprised when it fires. Yes, you should get used to taking up any slack in the trigger, but a quick firm pull on the trigger will send your shot off target.
                        thanks for the tip

Comment

also dont breath in and hold, breath out and hold :D
                          Originally posted by jonnyhal
                          For Sale: very nice heavy springer
                          Originally posted by soulflame2
                          when it says 'springer' does that mean its a spring powered gun? not a semi auto

Comment

thanks guys! just had a shoot and this has helped alot!:D:D

Comment

I too am learning better methods

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

omnomnom Find out more about omnomnom
                              Working...
                              X