Collapse

Very high rps... What's the point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Very high rps... What's the point?

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
    I guess you'd be more scared, but wouldn't it be better if the person thought it was okay and actually jumped up and got tagged? One less to worry about in there.

There's plenty of reason for full auto, hence why we have it, but it's perfectly capable of doing the job it was designed for, at the speed it was built at
    Well the point of the cover fire in this instance is to allow another shooter to advance unhindered and get the kill and as the Americans know over kill wins.

I would like to say that I prefer my completely stock TM Type 89 for woodland with it's steady rate of fire and accuracy. But sometimes in some situations I wish I was carrying my P90 so the enemy don't have a chance and returning fire while I am advancing.

Perhaps we all need a variable system so we can turn it up to 11 only when it is appropriate. I say it's better to have it and not need it then to need it and get your bloody ass kicked. :D

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
      I understand peoples reluctance to accept guns with an above average rate of fire but the old excuse of "It aint realistic" is getting a little old.

If you want realism then you should only be using GBBR with 30 round magazines, Team radios, Grenades around every corner and in every room before entry and every time you think there is a sniper you call in an Airstrike.
      It's a question of where you draw the line though isn't it? I can accept not having air support, 800m range and a sometimes bulletproof enemy for the compromise of being able to respawn 15 minutes after I've been hit and to be able to sleep in my own bed at night. Different people want different things out of the game, I don't begrudge anyone owning or using such a weapon, I just don't see the appeal.

When I look at high ROF setups I'm reminded of competetive paint ball, where the markers are set up to allow maximum rate of fire on semi auto. Whilst I appreciate the technical challenge in creating something like that (Midas' HK53 that he posted the other day is pretty special), I just don't see the need for it in the game. I've been playing for 12 years now and have never thought to myself "If only my gun fired twice as many rounds per second I'd have got that guy".

*edit*

As for covering fire. I'd argue that a gun at 800rpm it far more effective at providing cover than one at 1600rpm, as you can provide that fire for twice as long without changing mags.

Comment

I wouldn't think my game play would improve if I had it, I wouldn't be intimidated by someone firing high rof, but you don't tend to come out of cover until the firing is stopped anyway.

I think anyone who puts ROF to above and beyond normal AEGs is ultimately looking for the attention for their creations.

I'm happy with the extended durability of mine and a slightly above average 25RPS (on an mp5), because ultimately, yours is going to spit out pieces of piston sooner than mine.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Thank you TheBlokeWithTheScar, you have explained that better than I could.

Yes I play cqb, I prefer it far more than woodland.

Exactly as explained, my point was to try to get people to see the delivery point of the bb's rather than the actual firing. Soldiers use tactics to over come dissadvantage. If there is lots of fire you shouldn't be poking body parts out of cover if the fire is coming your way, it is up to one of your team mates who isn't being kept in cover. To assess when and how to give fire back, or move forward/ flank if he/ she is able.

How often have we all been ready to charge a house/ building and befor you know it one or two have just run in the door and got shot, pointless. While others still stand arround outside. Lack of tactics and communication. Most people are aware that a flashbang or two then follow them in with people covering different areas, does this happen. Not very often. Me included.

Just watch an ex soldier how he does it, usually impressive to watch.

If you were paying your green fee and the rules were changed to one hit and your out, no respawn you would instantly see people trying to use better tactics. I am ignoring the rise in cheating. I think sometimes it is much easier to blame what people see instead of looking a little closer at ourselves. Afterall no ones perfect, a few are really good. The majority try hard and some just do it for the crack.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I agree that most of the time very high speed set-ups are un-necessary and those of us that have them don't use them all the time. But I have seen footage of mini guns mounted on vehicles strafing buildings and no one complains about it being unrealistic or un fair. (well maybe the poor sod in the building)

We all play for our own reasons and use kit we are comfortable with. For instance I dont wear anything that could be construed as copying any particular force or army because I find it slightly distasteful trying to look like the people who are dying for their country, But that's just me and my opinion.

But when it comes to guns and how many BB's they fire per trigger pull, well it's just for fun at the weekend isn't it and just because I like a slightly higher rate of fire some of the time doesn't make me a bad person.

If I had a gun running 60rps would I use it? Yes. Would I feel bad about it? No. Should I be allowed to use it? If it is within the site rules then game on. Personally I would be more concerned with the alarming number of people who seem to be obsessed with higher and higher power levels in their guns. Especially the ones who know full well their guns are deliberately hot.

*Damn sounding like a grumpy old git again.

Comment

Originally posted by midas View Post
              Thank you TheBlokeWithTheScar, you have explained that better than I could.

Yes I play cqb, I prefer it far more than woodland.

Exactly as explained, my point was to try to get people to see the delivery point of the bb's rather than the actual firing. Soldiers use tactics to over come dissadvantage. If there is lots of fire you shouldn't be poking body parts out of cover if the fire is coming your way, it is up to one of your team mates who isn't being kept in cover. To assess when and how to give fire back, or move forward/ flank if he/ she is able.

How often have we all been ready to charge a house/ building and befor you know it one or two have just run in the door and got shot, pointless. While others still stand arround outside. Lack of tactics and communication. Most people are aware that a flashbang or two then follow them in with people covering different areas, does this happen. Not very often. Me included.
              I completely agree with what you are saying, however I don't accept that a higher rate of fire really effects this. You may scare newbies enough to stay in ther cover indefinately however :p

Just watch an ex soldier how he does it, usually impressive to watch.

If you were paying your green fee and the rules were changed to one hit and your out, no respawn you would instantly see people trying to use better tactics. I am ignoring the rise in cheating.
              This is how the vast majority of games used to be played in the UK when I started and I can say for certain that you are absolutely correct. Interestingly I'd have said that cheating was about the same back then, but that's very subjective.

I think sometimes it is much easier to blame what people see instead of looking a little closer at ourselves. Afterall no ones perfect, a few are really good. The majority try hard and some just do it for the crack.
              I'm not blaming users of high ROF setups or the guns themselves, by and large they dont effect me any more than any other setup, which is the crux of my point really. As I said earlier in the thread, people enjoy the game in different ways and that's the beauty of it. If everyone turns up with a bolt action it's a rubbish day for everyone, I'd imagine it would be the same with everyone turning up with support weapons etc.

Personally, I find it disheartening that people would bring a tool like that to a FIBUA site and use it on full auto. if you're fighting at sub 10m ranges the only difference between a 10rps gun and a 40rps gun is that the latter stands a much higher chance of hurting someone.

Comment

I don't really think the player and their weapon has much relation. I'd much rather play against a bunch of experienced players with 30-40RPS guns that use semi and short bursts than a bunch of noobs holding their triggers down for 5+ seconds solid. I don't think it makes any difference unless it's abused.

Comment

You shouldn't have to concern yourself with the high rof and fibua or fish these days as most are semi only indoors or shooting in and out of. No pyro in through or out of upstairs windows.

'Blame' was a poor choice or word on my part there really.

There will always be the person pulling the trigger who has to take responsibilities for their actions. This becomes more relevant with higher fps and rof guns. That's not to say someone with a standard spec aeg should be creeping up behind opponents and lacing them either...
                  Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

My king arms troy is about 22-25 rps.. Which is MASSIVELY annoying, so instead of 11.1's have opted to use 7.4's. I'd much rather sound my money on accuracy and range over an insane rps. I don't understand why sone people spend ££££'s on their gear to replicate a certain loadout, then customise there gun so that it is identical to ones that fit with the loadout using all the sane hardware, accessories etc... Then convert it to a laser beam gun with a billion round hicap.! I like the realism of the guns, gear etc, but only use midcaps (which still hold an unrealistic amount) but I means that I have to be more careful with my shots, therefore, personally, a rapid rps is wasted on the likes of me.
                    “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Someone earlier made the point of 3 BBs being equivalent to 1 round, which I agree with on principle, due to the inherent inaccuracies of the BBs.
                      However, imo a better way to do it would be 2 to 1; people looking for realism should have their gun shoot at about double the RPS of the real gun with about double the magazine capacity; mags last the same time as in real life for covering fire yet you can actually hit the opponent.
                      Others till I die

Comment

• Sorry, but why can't we just have 1bb = 1 round?

It's not like 2bbs put you on your arse, and feels super realistic!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                          Sorry, but why can't we just have 1bb = 1 round?

It's not like 2bbs put you on your arse, and feels super realistic!
                          Because unless you're running a DMR, the BB you fire is unlikely to go exactly where you want it to, especially at further ranges.
                          Others till I die

Comment

• What bugs me with this sort of setup is simply 50-60rps= 50-60 rounds heading some poor sods way with every 1sec trigger pull, that is just major overkill to me.

As far as suppression is concerned whats the difference between 20 odd rps and 60rps, both are going to keep heads down arent they? its not like you can dodge BBs at 20rps any more than you can at 60rps.
                            But when that poor sod behind the bush pops his head out he gets 60 rounds to the head....lovley

Id rather one round at 450fps under MED than 60 at 330fps in close quarters.

Comment

I can see peoples point with the "more bb's, more likley to hit", but I pretty much always keep my gun on semi and if your hop and barrel are set right it takes maybe 5 bb's to hit someone on avarage no problem, and less indoors - in the time it takes to fire those as high rof gun would have unloaded a good 100 - 150 bb's on auto.
                              The highest rof i have on any gun is on my KWA Mac11 which is about 25 and to be honest, its too fast.

Comment

first of sorry if this doesn't make much sense im on my phone

there was a guy with a pdw last weekend shooting at what he said was 50rps and buy the way it sounded im in no doubt it wasn't.
                                It was insane and sounded like a chainsaw every time he shot
                                the good thing about that was that when we were taking heavy fire he just put a 3 second burst and you could see the enemy tun like f*** :D funny as hell
                                That is the point, FUN our sport is suppose to be fun. so if you have fun by having a high ROF or a more realistic one who are we to stop you? and don't complain when other people are having FUN with there preferred game style.
                                it can be annoying some times but that's with everything. someone will always have something about there equipment you don't and most of time you can use it against them eg someone with a high ROF has less accuracy(usually) so you, with a more accurate rifle can take them out sooner than they could take you out(in theory).
                                The same applies to say long range sniper rifles, as they will have a higher fps they are restricted to engagement distances so you can use that against them by getting closer were they cant engage you or are limited to a sidearm.
                                if high ROF annoys you so much then go and play milsim or somewhere semi only
                                wait i forgot people will complain about trigger response times.
                                people need to stop complaining and play.

rant over time for lunch
                                Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KaRcop I'm a pilot. Find out more about KaRcop
                                Working...
                                X