Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Milsim. Taking Caution or Going all out...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milsim. Taking Caution or Going all out...?

Having done some research recently, I have become very interested in doing a 24hr milsim escape and evasion skirmish at some point next year.

A site I believe to be in Wales conducts an annual of this, and it seems to be pretty full on heavy.

Operation Grey Goose. Check the battle stories section, milsim stories/journals, there is someone elses account of what happned to them in there, quite interesting.

So.......

Milsim, E&E.

Health & Saftey, playing within reason whilst trying to create a competitive, realistic, fair enviroment?

Or..

A full briefing at the beggining, state the few 'no you cant do that now, and you cant do that ever' rules, and the rest I suppose would be down to the imagination to carry out?

By this I mean what would people generally prefer? Keeping in mind that the E&E exercise I mentioned before comes with a 3 hour intterogation for escapee's on the run if caught.

Not sure entirley what was involved with their interogation, but put it this way.

Those who were caught were cuffed and hooded, so guessing a lot of intensive questiong and stress positions over those 3 hours?
    sigpic

Re: Milsim. Taking Caution or Going all out...?

Regarding the interigation they will probably just beast you a bit, shouting trying to get info out of you... Stress positions, well it's all apart if the fun just to test your own endurance, surely that'd be the reason to do a E&E to test yourself

Comment

My Grandad took part in several of these back in the day. Back then, instead of actually interogating you, they would take your shoes and socks. If youre interogated chances are itll be done somwhere a bit dryer and warmer than where youve been running and hiding, so getting caught might be quite nice!

Doing through the rest of the exercise barefoot though, would not.

Comment

shout at you , sit you on an uncomfy chair , hood and handcuffed , silence then load noises , at my site they had a nice rusty machete they taped you with

Comment

I mis-read that as "Rusty machete taped to you" Was thinking... hang on a moment..

Anyway, it sounds interesting, but not for me - I piss of the the pub after skirmishes - going without beer for 24hr is not a option hah

Comment

Sounds interesting! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy.UK View Post
              Regarding the interigation they will probably just beast you a bit, shouting trying to get info out of you... Stress positions, well it's all apart if the fun just to test your own endurance, surely that'd be the reason to do a E&E to test yourself
              Personally, I completley agree =)
              sigpic

Comment

Has anyone been on a milsim so heavily intense?

pLEASE SAY SO IF HAVE DONE SO =D

Or anyone care to wish similar experiences in forces?

Myself having been a Junglie (WAFU attached to marines) would be more than happy to post on request lol
                sigpic

Comment

Post away
                  Originally posted by fijitstiks
                  they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
                  Originally posted by N3ADS
                  Is this you talking from experience ?..
                  Originally posted by fijitstiks
                  i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

The guys who run this E&E are ex team mates of mine from the now dead and gone 'Alpha Omega Airsoft' in North Wales we used to milsim on 2000 acres of FC land some days you'd only get to fire a couple of shots but it was great crack. Weekenders were the best and rigging up pyro in pools of water makes you think that the artillery has opened up, the only trouble is that its for the enthusiast only.

Comment

i went to grey goose this year. was ok i guess like said above only few shots not even a mag. interagations are done by serving or ex army. and its a good test for the evaders and strengh of will and what not. would be better if more players are there i belive.

Comment

Originally posted by pugwash View Post
                        The guys who run this E&E are ex team mates of mine from the now dead and gone 'Alpha Omega Airsoft' in North Wales we used to milsim on 2000 acres of FC land some days you'd only get to fire a couple of shots but it was great crack. Weekenders were the best and rigging up pyro in pools of water makes you think that the artillery has opened up, the only trouble is that its for the enthusiast only.
                        Rigging pyro in water sounds awesome, lol.

Any video's of this? Sure that would be thumbs up no brainer =)
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vann8998 View Post
                          i went to grey goose this year. was ok i guess like said above only few shots not even a mag. interagations are done by serving or ex army. and its a good test for the evaders and strengh of will and what not. would be better if more players are there i belive.
                          If you wrote a report on it, I am certain you would get a lot of posotive feedback on it
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crotmate View Post
                            Post away
                            Most of mine are drinking stories

Lol
                            sigpic

Comment

What I have found when playing milsim is that the guys sometimes forget that it is a game, and you really have to be careful not to get carried away.

It was 11pm or something when me and a partner were scouting through a forest, and he put rope accross the path as a trip wire. Both ends were securley attatched to a tree, and not meant to rip or come off. Had someone walked through the path at 3 am or whatever, then he could have seriously injured himself...thankfully though the game play moved els where as the night progressed...

But people do sometimes forget that they are only playing a game when playing so realistically.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

u0933146 Find out more about u0933146
                              Working...
                              X