Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MG(support) tactics

Originally posted by wattsy View Post
    im going to be using my m60 in cqb this weekend. (open'ish office floors & factory floors so plenty of room to maneuver and a couple of elevated positions as well) any suggestions for getting the most out of it in both offensive & defencive roles ?
    Throw lots of rounds down the corridors allowing your team to move up, or preventing theirs from doing the same.

No difference to using an AEG in the same role though.
    sigpic

Comment

want to thank everybody again for these tips. you should definitely get down to DV one day.
      this is the reason i am getting an LMG. I AM CONSTANTLY ON THE TEAM THAT DOESNT HAVE ONE!
      its not fun and its time for some pay back!

Comment

but also the round limit seriously comes into play. all we seem to do is try and avoid the LMG's so it creates a great bottle neck!

Comment

It's one of the things I like about DV. The site is too small for my liking and I don't like the short games/no respawn format, but the ammo limits and mix of CQB, woodland and semi-urban makes a nice change. If it wasn't 2 1/2 hours to get there, I'd have played there a lot more than I did.
          sigpic

Comment

My experience with my M60 is as follows.

First thing I noticed; the fear factor. In the safe zone the first time I took it, there were a group of guys admiring it. As I noticed their team colour, they noticed mine. A unified 'oh f...' was heard. If the enemy knew I was in a certain position they tended to steer clear, if they didn't know they panicked when they saw it.

Defence missions. With a support weapon you can lay down a ton of suppressing fire as you reload less due to higher capacity. If you're in a building, resting the weapon on a window ledge gives you a fantastic arc and you can rain down the bbs. During an event, my squad secured a building but the village was still occupied. I rushed upstairs and got at least 20 kills in about 6 minutes, and there was no need to reload.

In milsim games it opens up new tactics. You have the support weapon and the specified ammo allowance. You have to play that role.

The badass factor. Hell, makes me feel like a god of death. Plus it makes me get goosebumps when I yell 'get some' while peppering on coming enemies.

The only disadvantages I've found are in standard walk on games when I'm seperated from my mates. The guys I were with weren't regs so didn't use me as a support gunner, instead they just hid behind me 'cause I had a big gun. Also in fast paced games it can get tiresome lugging it around.

Comment

after the cqb game this sunday (which i stress isnt all tight corridors and room clearence) the m60 worked a treat getting heads down in the office's and workshops. it made me a hell of a target one the oppos figured out where i was but that gave my team the chance to flank them and take them down. my left arm however is now that bit larget than my right! may have to change hands next time

Comment

I love playing support. I use an mk43 m60 as my weapon of choice though i did used to use an m249...

ok... why is a purpose built support weapon better than a rifle with a box mag? because its purpose built to spit out pellets in extended bursts rather tha short taps. my 60 has done 90k since i got it--and is still rocking--no signs of wear on gears or piston to be seen!) simple fact is its got a hugely strong gearbox and can take abuse that would strip most other guns. I dont disagree that a rifle or smg fitted with a boxmag can do duty as a support gun, but it will end up stripping its gears a lot faster if its used to put down the sort of **** ******* demands and its not likley that it will be as ecouraging/intimidating to look at.

Add to this the mag size as standard--4k on my one and the steadying bipod--and of course the fear factor plus the encouragement it gives to anyone on your side

If you know how to position yourself to best use the gun and are happy to let rip then your support gun is a battle winner.

Comment

i also use the mk43 m60 mines a a&k nothing better than hosing a line of plastic pain out the end awesome for defending and supressing fire when attacking the only bad thing is resisting the urge to shout get some get some
                  :D:D
                  ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED

Comment

Tactic for support gunner...

Spray and pray, rambo style!
                    Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                    Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

Originally posted by dan the legend;541826 the only bad thing is resisting the urge to shout get some get some
                      :D[smilie=evil.gif
                      :D
                      Why is that so bad??

Snipers say it with one carefully aimed and shot----we do it 1000 times better!

Comment

not bad on my part but is for those running from it accuracy by volume all the way
                        ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED NEVER OUTGUNNED

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knicz37 Find out more about knicz37
                        Working...
                        X