B.F.G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.F.G

hey i notices a phyro forum a while back but im not asking about that im looking for some help on using blank firing grenades, i recently got one and it blows on impact im just wondering if it goes off in your hand is there any danger? and any vids or tips on throwing safely would be appreciated

I apologize if this has been covered before if it has please post a link or say it again would be nice lol but there is no point whatsoever is writing "aww fs this has been covered soooooooooo many times before"

cheers guys
    Ben
    sigpic

Re: B.F.G

The BFG should NOT go off on impact it should have a delay of around 3 seconds form the fly off leaver being released if it is going off on impact then you probably have one of the impact grenades ( which are restriced to LE/Mil and the Fx industry.)

Any chance of posting a pic of said BFG to help identify what you have?

As for it going off in your hand then as long as your hands are not covering the blast holes on the top cap it shouldnt be a big issue. Infact it happened to me a few years ago nand it didnt hurt me but maybe I was lucky ?

Silent
    First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

You can reduce the time from throw to bang by 'cooking' the grenade i.e. holding it while it's 'counting down' but I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

aslong as you keep your fingers away from the flash holes at the top you will be fine.

video of daft things done with 22 blanks and a bfg
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c7qZL1VphM
        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=79555

thats it there, and yeh its definitely an impact one, basicly you pull a pin at the top and then stick a little washer in the groove on the pin and then wen u throw the washer gets knocked lose and the pin flys down and BANG
          sigpic

Comment

thought you had special requirements to get blank ammo in NI

Comment

i dunno, mabey you do? i got it off here with 17 blanks and it got threw no bother, next day delivery :/
              sigpic

Comment

to get more blanks you will more than likely need a FAC

Comment

ive had a bfg go of in my hand too and while it makes you S**t yourself it isnt dangerous, if you want dangerous try smoke pyros, ask most people who use them, nearly everyone gets burnt sooner or later.

Comment

yeh last night I was down the pin slipped when I was crouched with it in hand the flash burnt my leg lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Is the impact BFG any good? Thinking of getting one.

Also in regards to the smoke pyros, I've never been burnt by one. And I always cook them. Maybe you're holding it wrong =/

Comment

they are good like last time i was in a cqb site there was two guys in the room ahead of me and they were causing all kinds of trouble for us getting threw just chucked the grenade in as soon as it hits the floor BANG marshal calls them both dead and we get threw, meens they have no time to run and hide
                        sigpic

Comment

your nade looks remarkably like a ww2 german egg grenade--any idea on where to get others?

Comment

does it? lol no sorry mate no idea i think the guy who sold it to me had it in his house unused for quite a while
                            sigpic

Comment

but if i cant get 22.cal caps over here ill swap you for a tornado,9mm blank firing, reusable gas grenade
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

UndeadGhost Find out more about UndeadGhost
                              Working...
                              X