X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ambushes.

Place to discuss Ambushes.

I'll start with the Snap Ambush

The snap ambush is really quite a neat trick.

Used to counter a pursuing force, or to take advantage of leaving tracks behind you and deal with anybody following them.

In the real world, the Army uses this sort of ambush before establishing a harbour area, to make sure no one is following them, and if they are being followed, that the threat is dealt with.

The signal for a snap ambush is this:

Make a snap gesture with your two hands, as if snapping a twig, then a hand over your face to signal ambush. Simples.

Diagram below for reference.

The black symbols your path.

The red symbols an enemy patrol following your tracks.

The way the ambush works is you sort of lead them into it, and even if it's in snow they have no idea an ambush is awaiting them..

All you have to do is loop round onto yourself and watch the patch you've just made, and the patrolling force will walk straight into your sights :D

Re: Ambushes.

Loving the diagram Bravo. I did one of these a few weeks ago while on exercise down in Kent. Middle of the night and about -10 degrees. We waited for about an hour and nobody came which was a bit annoying. I've tried it a few times and it seems to work pretty well in airsoft.

Comment

Yeah that's another good point you've just made

Waiting time!

I was told to wait atleast 20 minutes before moving on.

We would set a snap up before going into a harbour, and every other man in the ambush would get up after 20 mins or so and set a up a perimeter in the harbour before the rest of the guys come in.

Comment

Yeh, we may have waited a bit too long. I nearly fell asleep on my bergen it was so cold. We did a deliberte ambush the day after. I didnt have a BFA so i got to stand back and watch the show.

Comment

We have used this at my site a lot, some of the guys are EX MOD so they know how it works.

my little squad i usually take command of we had this done to us, so we did the same to them and they didn't know what to do. we followed them they ambush us, we run and hide and ambush them :P

works both ways

Comment

We all got done by a clever ambush last time, just wish we thought of it first lol

well next time we will lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bravotwozero Eyes on. Find out more about bravotwozero
            Working...
            X