Agression or Stealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Agression or Stealth

I think this question could be better formatted.
    I also think a lot of 'softers don't really understand the use of stealth.

Many times I have been moving through a site and come across a team mate who is just hiding in a corner or such claiming to be stealthy when really they are being cowardly and lazy.

Stealthy is still offensive, you still have to close with and destroy the enemy it is just that most of the time in airsoft it is a bit pointless.

The enemy know that you are coming, it's the whole point they are there.
    The site is usually tactically restrictive so that each time you attack you will have to come the same way.
    There are no repercussions if you fail, no death and maiming to worry about.
    Airsoft guns have a pathetic range. If you have a real gun (basically) if you can see a guy you can shoot him. In airsoft you can dance around 50m directly in front of the enemy and they can do nothing about it.

I only play CQB but there is almost no reason to do anything other than "aggression".
    You can add a few elements of stealth - make sure your gear doesn't rattle like a half filled metal can of Lego, wear trainers or other soft soled shoes, walk briskly instead of running, pause before crossing thresholds to listen.
    But the second you know there is an enemy present then shout loud to your team mates that you are in contact and sprint and shoot.

Hitting a moving target is extremely difficult in airsoft (as long as he is moving across your arc and not straight at you). Throw grenades, use strobes, shout, shoot, go for it, what have you got to loose by not?

He who hesitates is lost.

I hope that someone reads this, someone who would have put "stealth", someone who usually stands very still in a corner in a CQB site and watches his team mates running back and fourth to the regen, someone who is proud that in a 10 minute game he fired 1 shot and didn't get hit, someone who might realise he is missing the point, someone who might some day sprint shoulder to shoulder with me into the teeth of the enemy, screaming and whooping.

See you there.

Comment

Originally posted by amateurstuntman View Post
      ...sprint shoulder to shoulder with me into the teeth of the enemy, screaming and whooping...
      Personally I hate this, whats the point in shouting that you are coming, they'll hear you before you come! Same goes for people who loudly count down that they're running into a room... yeh nice one.

I like aggression, but keep it quiet, no need to shout and let the next 4 rooms full of people know that your coming!

Comment

If they already know you're coming, what's the point of not shouting?

If I shout loud enough then they will all aim at me and the bloke next to me will survive and take them out.
        I am Scottish, it is a long standing tradition.

Comment

It depends where you play and how you play. In a milsim you are less likely to run in guns blazing if you only have 30 rounds per clip due to the imminent death that awaits you in open ground should you need to reload. Use stealth to gain the advantage and attack from an unexpected angle. In a less simulated game; Why not? You can always come back for more. I'm more of a simulation person myself even in fun games. I try and push myself in those games, not worrying about what others are doing i.e. running around like headless chickens shooting 1000+ rounds at you in the space of a couple of minutes. I just do my best in any given situation and adapt to gain the advantage/victory if you can't, it doesn't matter, it's a game not real life, respawn and try again!

Stealth is also about knowing when to shoot and when to let by. That is the trick that alot of people can't do due to itchy trigger fingers. Why shoot the first one you see when you can get in behind them and take out the whole lot? A lone wolf taking down the whole enemy team is a proud wolf indeed.

Special Forces style:

Stealth and patience to gain optimal position

Kill with controlled aggression and speed. The more surprised they are the less aggression and speed you will need which conserves energy and means you can fight for longer.

Relocate to a safe position to maintain the element of surprise and avoid being flanked yourself

Re-strategise and plan your next way in behind the enemy line. They now know where you are/were (in airsoft) or others may have heard too. Watch the previous engagement area and plan a re-flank should the enemy return to find you (the less experienced players will due to their lust to get even). But the master plan (in airsoft) is to move closer to the enemy than before in a new ambush site. Most enemies will mobilise quickly from a respawn wanting to get back in to the fight ASAP and as such be in a mobilisation state of mind making them more open to attack. (I don't mean camp their respawn site. As far as I'm concerned only the marshals should know their whereabouts and the respective teams. Just move toward the area the enemy were headed from when you last engaged them. Should you find their respawn the marshals should then evolve the game and make the found team the defenders of the respawn site and the finders the attackers. Any defenders still in the field returning to base (alive) make interesting flanking situations for the attackers. 10 minutes of fun and respawns and after that time last team/man standing wins!)

There is nothing more satisfying than putting a gun to someones head and aying " Kill " before they even knew you were there. Or a knife to the throat. There would be some funny pictures of facial expressions should I ever get one of those cameras the police are wearing now. :D

Comment

Im going for 'aggressive stealth' (as opposed to aggresssion, stealth or stealthy aggression)

Comment

full on agression tomorrow if a certain purson plays

Comment

• Lol
                Originally posted by Bluegill
                5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

i love aggession until im right in the enemys face and my team has decided to take a slow paced advancement from the base .

(the nutter that always dissapears ahead of everyone, ... yep thats me you just saw)
                  Originally posted by DCRISP07
                  An argument over screws, only on Zeroin :P

Comment

both! you move really fast and make sure they dont know where you are, when you get up to them take them all out really quickly and loudly, then disappear

Comment

I like stealth its more realistic and effective. Aggressive run and gun style gameplay is better suited to paintball.
                      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                      Check out my other sales!

Comment

stealth is the key !

Comment

all out aggression , being stealthy is boring, theres nothing better than getting your teeth into a fast paced, brutal, full on assault

Comment

Sure thing if you are a small group behind enemy lines, or a sniper the stealth will let you pick your shots, but holding back will not take objectives, Aggression for the objectives This is taken from The British Army 6 Section battle drills.

SUPRESSING THE ENEMY (WINNING THE FIRE FIGHT)

Perhaps you don’t have any problem locating the enemy: your advance has triggered a massive fire fight. How do you come out of this alive, remember you have walk into their killing ground and they are out to win?Many fire fights are decided in the first few moments. Stunned by the overwhelming volume and the accuracy of the enemy’s fire, the soldiers on one side to take cover rather than firing back. It’s a vicious circle: the more men that take cover, the less firepower you have, so the enemy shooting improves. If you can win the fire fight, you can close with the enemy and destroy them. It is not a question of blazing away as fast as you can in the general direction of the enemy. Even when you have suppressed the enemy by accurate fire, you are going of need good fire and control orders to concentrate your fire on the enemy positions. Remember you may need an ammunition re supply, especially if you become the **** ******* section. You will need to deliver enough firepower to keep the enemy cowering in their trench while your assault team moves forward to attack.

THE ATTACK

You are suppressing the enemy - winning the fire fight. The enemy’s shooting is erratic: it’s time to attack. The section commander must give their orders clearly so that everyone knows what they’re supposed to be doing. The trick is to keep enough fire on the enemy to enable part of the section to get to close quarters. Whether your section is divided into a ‘gun group’ and a rifle group, or into two equal fire teams, the principal is the same. One team maintains a base of fire while the other fire and manoeuvres, ideally delivering its final assault at ninety degrees to the line of fire: that means the supporting fire can continue right up to the final moments of the assault. The rule of thumb used is that you need odds of about 3;1 for an attack to work. So a section can take on a single trench with two or three guys in it. In reality, it depends enormously on the training of the troops involved. You will need to go through the approach to the FUP, the attack and the fight through.The approach from the RV to the FUP needs to be done by using reference points and has it been secured. Watch fire plan timings, if you are running late ensure you tell your commander so they can change the H Hour/fire plan. Anticipate flank interference from both friendly and enemy fire. Check that the FUP is the correct one.Organise the deployment of the section in the FUP under cover of view and fire. Point out the direction of the enemy, this can be done quietly and if possible give them a marker/reference point to aim for. Re-issue orders if the plan has changed, this shouldn’t happen but be prepared for it. Await the end of the fire plan, once the shells have stopped falling, start moving quietly if possible. Start the assault keep an eye on your marker/reference point, and use the element of surprise. Keep central, but slightly rear so you can guide and control them, fire and move with your own group and control the section as you fight through. Anticipate depth and anticipate deaths on your side, casualties will be picked up later. Once at your limit of exploitation, call the re-org.
                            It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

Im fairly new to the game (Newbie), but every one at our club in the Orkney islands now regards me as the most sneaky bugger of the lot! ;( works well though when you manage to get a flank on 3 or 4 of them at once! ^^ stealth win!

Comment

Stealth until I'm happy in the right spot then all out aggression

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Matteh1990 Find out more about Matteh1990
                                Working...
                                X