Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

A well dug-in experienced sniper with spotters is a bit like an end of level boss. If u can't overwhelm them with sheer numbers u really have to adapt your own tactics to deal with them, I like the dimension it adds to the game. Otherwise it can end up as a bit of a stand off situation with just aeg's.
    I AM CARNAGE, for when my form appears, the world shall truly know my name.

Comment

Originally posted by koolance View Post
      And are normaly dealt with easily enough when comes up against regular players who understand how sniping works in airsoft
      Until the sniper whips out an AEG!

Comment

Well... I was 14 when i used my first bolter - L96. i had the COD conception (not gonna lie) and i wasan't very good....and quickly changed to a HK 416
        But.
        I think it'd be better to have snipers than go without them, with a high Fps (yes its not everything) but it is better to have it/
        also they should aim to be skilled in things like bushcraft and feildcraft.

Comment

Anyone who knows me from Catterick ,copehill, knows the damage a well placed sniper can do not only in stopping movement on the ground , relaying info ,and demoralising players ,

Ignore your i have a snipor rifle im ace players , and even to some point the ghillied up woodland players ,a true sniper uses his head first before his weapon , airsoft would be lost without them in our sport

Comment

After a general read of people saying bad snipers are useless but good snipers aren't, isn't that the same with any player?
            I have a bad player on our team and althought we can't get rid of him because he's a mate from outside of airsoft, he's a real nice guy... just can't shoot straight to save his life.
            I just don't think that he's that much of a help, so is that how most people think about bad snipers?
            Correct me if I'm totally wrong of course, I am frequently :p

Comment

Bad sniper give away everyone else's position and can end up having his / her own team completely wiped out in secconds = not fun :P

Comment

guys im an ex sniper from the infantry and yes im using a l96 now as for 12 years i used the same weapon so only fair id use it in game

bad snipers what they do wrong
                snatch the trigger
                dont control there breathing
                sights not set up correct
                and not taking wind in to account over longer distances
                bad cam eg not blending in with the area they are in or to much cam

a good sniper
                does every thing the right way and the game is more enjoyable
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
                  Snipers who can shoot and know how to skirmish - Good

Snipers who think they can shoot and can't skirmish for toffee/kids who think that airsoft sniping is like cod - About as much uses as sand paper bog roll.
                  Agree, far to many wanna be snipers that don't know how to support those who push forward.
                  Kill or be Killed

Comment

I'm kind of ambivalent to the whole love or hate snipers in airsoft, they're nigh on useless in quick / short games, much more useful in milsim (Love ours hate there's) but I've never really come across many good one.

For me a good one is happy enough to recconitre an area, target specific players and pass information, I ain't seen many who'll do that.

Most I've seen are from the CoD School, and are as much use as t*ts on a fish.
                    Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Snipers are awesome, not my cup of tea to lie in wait for that one solitary shot, but after using my bros sniper rifle the other day i can see the appeal. and whisper silent makes it all the more fun
                      This is my rifle, this is my gun.
                      This ones for fighting and this ones for fun!!!

Comment

I don't mind snipers myself, i think they add a little bit more of a challenge to the game. One part i don't like is when the opposition sniper is ghillied up so well i don't realise he's hiding in the bunker right next to me :/
                        I have gun.
                        I shoot gun.
                        You run away from gun.

Comment

I think sniping done properly enhances the entire game. But it only works at certain sites, one of my regular sites(section 8) is really good for sniping and a few of the regulars are very good snipers - some go for the camo approcach and some go dressed in tan or od, it doesn't make much difference to their gameplay, they are all pretty good, because they do it properly - none of this everyone else move up rubbish and I will stay back here, the majority of the time they are up front sneaking about spotting and they always provide great cover.
                          When playing against them it does make you respect the other team, as you know they are good and could be anywhere. I like sniping for half the day usually, then the other half is AEG fun, but i'm not on the same level as them and I am more than happy to have them in my team. Gets kind of boring when you can stand in front of enemy players and know they can't hit you.
                          I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

im an aeg type of bloke. i have tried my mates l96 and my other mates vsr and i really enjoyed it! im completely sh*te at it to be honest but, at the end of the day its airsoft. imho other than 2 sites (gz and close actions new site at RAF grafton) i dont think that there is enough space in a regular airsoft site for a good sniper to be truely effective.

after saying all that i do believe that airsoft snipers are a huge asset to a skirmish. like someone has said before, its too easy for a skirmish to hit a stalemate. the slightly increased range of an airsoft sniper rifle (imo) can move the game on.

ive just bought a cyma m14 and have set about upgrading it to dmr standards and want to get into to the role of a dm as i think im more suited to that role instead of sniper.

the call of duty brand has done wonders for the airsoft scene so if the codsofters want to come along and think they're gods gift to sniping, let them. they've paid they money, they've made they choice. also in due course they will figure out that the sniper role is not for them (most of them anyhoo). hate it when players bitch about new starters. the more players, the more targets! :p
                            Last edited by 8vAlan; 31 March, 2011, 15:34. Reason: soddin smiley didnt work...
                            sigpic
                            Dog Soldiers Airsoft - We hope we give you the shits.

Comment

iv been a sniper and now im using a cyma ak74 U and i think that they both have there pros and cons snpers are amazin at range but they are not effective at cqb while if youve gt and AEG then you can engage contatcs effectivly at medium to close range so id say its down to personnal

Comment

well said marksmanship principals ftw

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X