Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

its a good advantage to have snipers on your team, but being against them i really annoying, especially if theyre good.
    Gear and accessors for sale! http://zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122550

sigpic
    flame + hairspray = fun

Comment

i have no probs with anybody snipers included as long as they take there hits

Comment

depends how people play the role, if they play realisticly i respect them, if playing in the style of rambo sprinting round like a maniac with a 500fps rifle i'm not to sure.

In short, love being a sniper and love the thought the enemy snipers could be anywhere adding tension and fear to the classic skirmish

Comment

Snipers cant charge
          ^^ You haven't seen me play There's a reason i carry a handcannon.

The first gun I ever got was a Tanaka m700 AICS. God I hated that gun, BUT i loved how it made me play. It had a dreadful gas leak which i hadnt realised was there, so in my first ever game with it it was firing at about 230fps! I had to get almost next to someone if I wanted a chance to hit them, and so it made me realise how fun true sniping was! I was crawling on my belly all over the place and although in about 7 hours of gameplay didnt get more than 5 kills, I was constantly thinking "400fps and i could reek havoc on their team here!"

So I got rid of that and bought a vsr10. Over the last 5 years I've slowly pimped it out, and the range of it is now insane. It makes me lazy though. I will literally stand out in the open taking pot shots at the other team now, from just less than 100m. As my capable range increases, the use of my "sniping" skills decreases. I'm tempted to go back to 320fps, because I used to really screw with some teams (and still had an intense range on my vsr, compared to the aegs. It aint all about fps )

I also have a ghillie suit that I made myself from a concealment vest and hessian. I've never worn it simply because, and i won't lie here, I don't know how. And if you don't know how to use it, you look like a douche wearing it! Vicious circle, because i really would like to learn, but without getting a "what a douche" reputation. I've picked up some tactics in my time, obviously. I'm pretty damn sneaky when I want to be.
          Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

Ha ha same here with the Tanaka!! It's the most advertised sniper rifle and I put on it a load of cash and still is mediocre gun!! Mine doesn't leak but it's very inconsistent but it's powerful and silent! I've done to it a hell of DIY mods to be able to fire!! So....
            Back to RS SVD and Asahi WA2000!

George

Asahi WA2000
            WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I have quite a strong opinion when it comes to snipers. Basicly do it right or dont do it at all. As said above, it drives me mad when kids start getting into sniping with some VSR that cant fire further than my M14. Which takes the whole point out of it and those players become a burden to the team.

However on the up side, when you have a sniper who is willing to do reconnaissance and take out the players that matter on the other team, then i respect them very much. I have only seen a very small handful that actually do their job but when I mean do their job, they were brilliant at it and turned some of the games around.

Im looking into getting a gas sniper, tuning it to around 500 fps and taking it. Along side my marui mp5 because I know and understand how much of a piss take it is when you have the drop on one of those kids, you shoot them, they panic swing round and shoot you in the cheek. Yes at a few meters it bloody hurts!!!! So im going to take the mp5 as a back up and side arm, bring a radio head set linked to my other team members to give them detail information on the game. And hopefully it will all work out, I'm looking at getting a Tanaka M700 police version.

What do you guys think for that for load out/game play?

Comment

I have been playing for a while now and it makes me laugh when you see the's noobs with Snipers and they aint got a clue. running all over the place wearing bright colours. If you going to be a sniper then you must learn patients. Snipping is not about Massive kill ration it's taking the Key shots. Like one game i played we had medics, If the medic was shot half the team had to respawn, So we targeted the medic and we smashed them. The funniest thing i ever saw was a very young lad all the gear no idea had a L96 With out sights!
                I think snipers should have a higher FPS and a minimum engagement distance of about 20 meters. Snipers are great when you have some one who knows what there doing

Comment

I love sniping with my L96 as it is so powerful and it helps the rest of the team.
                  sigpic

Comment

At GZ Weekender last year I was shot point blank by a kid with a Warrior L96, so at a guess 450fps. He had stacked up behind me on a piece of cover while I was surveying an intersection near the village. All of a sudden he leant out from behind me and fired a shot (at nothing)... it hit me in the side. Adrenaline and pain led to me saying some things to the kid that I'm not too proud of (he cant have been much older than 13-14), but as I calmed down I realised that there were no sights of any kind on his rifle, how completely ridiculous. *facepalm*

Comment

Very interested in trying the sniping role in the future.

Got a G36C at 260fps at the moment, so I'm going to up that to 320ish to get a good all-round CQB/Woodland gun. I'd really like to pick up a second hand VSR in a few months and try it out.

Only problem is the local site to me is limited to 400fps bolt, 350 auto, so I'm not sure if I can get as much use out of it (although I appreciate that FPS comes secondary to consistent accuracy). Still, might get it and travel a bit to see what it's like in a 500fps scenario.

I think I have the patience for it. I looped around the enemy and took 20 mins to cover 50 meters last weekend to get close enough to get their "commander" with my g36c. Took ages as I had to take it low and slow, and they kept turning around.

Comment

the best sniping i saw for a long time was the other week my mate was pinned in a bunker by one guy, i flanked got the that guy joined him in the bunker to work out what to do next and some near use shouted sniper and i got a BB in the Neck hurt like hell but a good shot didn't even see where it came from.

Comment

Snipers in a team are brillaint. They break moral and cause the enemy to keep their heads down, giving people with aeg's the chance to get into an effective position against the enemy.

Comment

It's all about team work if you have a team that work together then you've won however if you get a team who don't and wonder off doing there own thing then it's a fail! thats with or with out snipers. But if you have a good team plus good snipers and lots of communication then no one will stop you.

Comment

i don't mind "snipers" i think they can be useful but its annoying when a kid comes along with a bright green one then says go away your blowing my cover
                              i am just taking the plunge and yes i have a bright green one but it will raped in rifle wrap so people wont see bright green when looking at me
                              im going to start of by getting use to my rifle and how it shoots then decide how close/ further away i need to be before i take the shot then distinguish which targets would be more beneficial for the team if i took them out.
                              and im starting of will low fps until i get better at judging engagement distances.

at the end of the day your not a sniper because you have a boltey its down to you not the gun if the gun isn't up to standards adjust you style of play to suit it

if "snipers" play like this i have nothing against them
                              well i don't anyway its there money and at the end off the day its just a game win or loose.

MM
                              Last edited by MilataryMupet; 13 April, 2011, 20:17. Reason: spelling
                              Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

Originally posted by MilataryMupet View Post
                                but it will raped in rifle wrap
                                O_O

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X