Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

oops lol
    Traded with me? please leave feedback as will I http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=104161

Comment

I agree with everyone about how annoying "new" airsoft snipers can be. BUT everyone has to start somewhere (when i started i know i was useless, but i kept out of people's ways. I was essentially just cannon fodder to start). When these people that are useless play a few times, 99% of them will despise it and sell their rifle and buy something fully automatic.

I dont think there is anyone out there that can watch Enemy at the Gates or Shooter, without thinking "i need to invest in a sniper rifle" at SOME point in their lives.

And anyways, these "crappy" snipers are just extra kills to notch up, surely?! Just make sure you don't underestimate the good ones! XD

Originally posted by CHIFF_MoA View Post
      I realised that there were no sights of any kind on his rifle, how completely ridiculous. *facepalm*
      Do you mean sights or scope?! If no sights, then yeah I agree its a bit useless, if you mean scope, read on :P

Its airsoft: Snipers fire (speaking on practical terms) up to about 70m in open space or 40m in woodland/urban. I would be more than happy to play without sights. If i can hit a rabbit's head at 40m with an air rifle, i can hit a body with an airsoft rifle :P

I heard (don't quote me word for word) that the British L96 was originally designed by an olympic marksman (forgot his name) as the Remington 700 Accuracy International Systems (In airsoft terms M700 AICS - Tanaka). I had one of these once... and they were a hell of a lot easier to aim open-sighted than a vsr! haha.
      Bust a move.

sigpic

Comment

But with out any form a sight on the weapon you just look like a Muppet!
        As for New Players i have nothing against them i always try to point them in the way of RIS band getting use to how airsoft pays then look at the sniper role. I been in the army for 11 years now and doing airsoft for about 6 years and i always find myself pretty much teaching new guys basic Tic Tac's (Army joke) and i'm more than happy to help.

Another thing which make m laugh is judging distance!! I was playing a few weeks ago in a woodland game and the enemy where on the attack, i had just come back from respawning and there was a guy a few trees in front i asked him where the enemy where, he said 10 meters! S**T that means there n top of use i'm shouting where! where! It turns out that 10 meters to this guy was about 50 meters to the rest of us lol so so funny. He was educated soon after!

Comment

I guess there is the argument of form over function. Airsoft attracts some geardos who like the shiny stuff. Some just like the game and would rather not carry an extra Kilo on top of the rifle.

Also correct me if i'm wrong but the AICS was ported over from AIAW so M700 users could take advantage of its aluminium chassis

Comment

not being funny, you operate at the same fps more or less and still shoot at the same range!! Id rather be spraying on full auto than firing 1 shot 1 miss bullets to be honest! haha

Comment

I have pretty much always played with a bolt action, I love the simplicity of the Rifle. I owned an AEG and it seemed like voodoo inside it. From field target shooting the action seemed familiar.

I don't get a lot of kills and dont think i am some uber leet sniper. I just really enjoy the kills i get.

Regardless of your set up sniping is always a disadvantage. But year of staring at every BB i have ever fired means if i fire a shot. It has a good chance of hitting

Comment

I bought my first airsoft sniper rifle after about 4 years of playing last summer.
                I appreciate that it really doesn't help you get out of sticky situations but more often than not I have found that my team mate is more than capable of killing those too close/ finding a route out of trouble.

For me, having to be careful of my individual shots and adjusting at long distance is more rewarding than getting alot more kills and dying alot more in a day.

To have twice the effective range of AEGs can really make the difference too, you can sit 5-10m out of their effective accuracy range and be sure that you can hit them within a few shots.

Ultimatley you have to understand that some people just like having a sniper rifle, if they obey minimum contact ranges then what they do with their rifles and game day is up to you, they're having fun and you're clearly not if you get wound up by how they play
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napolean

Comment

Let anyone play how they want. If they feel like wearing Ali g's camo, let them. Its their day, their game, their money. As long as when they get hit they take it, i couldn't care less.

Comment

Fair point lol. It's all about taking your hits!

Comment

i love and hate them, i've got a few mates who snipe, and i know they're brilliant, they know it too

i enjoy being on the same side as them (mostly because their weapons are not inflicting damage on me)

when i'm against them, they always seem to go for me, and get the tip of my nose, making me look like rudolf for an hour or two
                      Originally posted by Fenriz
                      Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

im a good sniper, and generaly hated, good snipers can make all the difference in teams, but a bad team with a good sniper is pretty useless. At the end of the day if you have a good team together with atleast one good sniper then your sound for a win. We had a game where we put all the snipers on one team and they totaly held back the attacking palyers for ages!
                        He Who Dares Wins!
                        ICS MP5 ( For Sale )
                        CA M15A4 + M203 UGL
                        Warrior L96 + Fully upgraded

War is a Drug...

Comment

I don't know how people are saying if there is one good sniper on your team you can easily win. Maybe for smaller games, but when there's 80 or so people, one sniper, even if it's bloody Simo Hayha, isn't gonna help that much. Simply the weight of fire put down by AEG people and also if they know how to use cover can overwhelm the most dug in sniper in my opinion!

Comment

But if the sniper is good he'll watch and take out medics, commanders. or just players which seem more organized leaving an unorganized group. but the key to winning is team work, and good communication, with or with out a sniper

Comment

This is very right!

key to winning is team work, and good communication, with or with out a sniper
                              A good sniper might help you, but you still need all these things to win... It's like saying one experienced medic will allow you to win. He might help, but without teamwork he is useless!

Comment

Ive played to roll of a sniper for some 14 years now and having owned almost every type of airsoft bolt action going (apart from a asahi wa2000 and L96 and a couple of silly m82) i can say its more fullfilling that any aeg roll in my eyes ,its rare now i bother with opendays two reason tbh
                                Firstly the level of openday player (not all but mostly hire gunners ) dont offer a challenge on many times i might shoot the first in a group and instead of the rest taking cover they normally laugh and point until the second round lands ,its almost as if you can see the cogs working " hang on hes been hit , they guy next to hims been hit oh s**t i best "HIT" "

Secondly most open days only offer perhaps a longer game in the afternoon 2-3 hours if our lucky at the sites near me ,not really enough time to get your teeth into a game

For anyone who has played at Catterick /Copehill / Sennybridge , there are key buildings namely at Catterick that if a well deployed sniper team can get into they can deney a very large area of the site ,this we have done time and time again , not only with eyes on certain buildings to deploy players into or around to counter and opfor ,but the fact that from these buildings as well a GOOD player (i aint using the term sniper as that may lead people to delusions of grandour ) can reach out and stopp opfor progressing through the site ,

Taking time to think before movement or any action is why i play this role ,better this than honking a 249 around with 2000 rounds hoping to muller someone /thing with few 100 bbs
                                That one placed round centre mass at 80 metres beit one round fired all day or 20 makes it all the while worth it

Ovany aka Doc .and docs90 ,ukaz /arnies

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X