Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

My personal opinion about snipers is that a small amount are ridiculously self smug, and believe themselves superior to people using other types of airsoft weapons.

Otherwise, I think they are a great help to a side and add extra challenge to the game.
    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

my point is i dont want a retarded dick head shooting at my face.

Comment

but if its all that is on show to the enemy it will get shot

Comment

Originally posted by Modizlw View Post
          my point is i dont want a retarded dick head shooting at my face.
          Bit harsh mate... Can't really group us all together like that :/
          Not saying anyone here is like that. They're probably all respectable snipers.

Comment

if you dont want to be shot in the face wear face protection
            the fact its a sniper means that you will be hit just once as well
            instead of someone lacing you full auto with a 2 second burst

Comment

Originally posted by JapaneseWookie View Post
              if you dont want to be shot in the face wear face protection
              the fact its a sniper means that you will be hit just once as well
              instead of someone lacing you full auto with a 2 second burst

Undeniable logic. If you know there is a sniper in game and you think you can not get shot with just your gun and head out of cover just because it's 'courtious' not to, is in another way cheating of a sort I belive.

Alot of us really take our time with finding a nice spot camo'ing up and pickigg the good targets and it's a pain when the only guy or the easiest shot is just a head coming up from over a barricade or whatnot and to have someone start blitzing and raving and walking over and confronting you completley ruining our snug little nests is very annoying.

I don't snipe often anymore due to this fact but if you wanna be patient as a good sniper should be they are a huge advantage.

As for cqb I make people aware before the game the fps of whatever sniper I would be using and also state that I'd be bang killing from 10-15 meters for the safety reasons and that if they did t take it I'd shoot them, can't be shouted at then
              Originally Posted by balaclava ben
              i like to fill those cracks with the good old white stuff
              sigpic

Comment

I think 'snipers' are deluded. I have no problem with them.

I think there are very few advantages of sniping in Airsoft.

The time it takes you to reload i've already shot 5 or 6 rounds at you, doesn't matter if they're not as accurate as your shots but they're constantly flying at you, one will eventually hit you.

So carry on!

Comment

Theres a lot of delusion when it comes to actually shooting someone

unfortunately its not point click and oh they die like a lot of new players think or cod fags as they were calling em sunday.

theres a true art to it really, bb flight etc there are some aspects of real Long range marksmanship that come into it.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post

The time it takes you to reload i've already shot 5 or 6 rounds at you, doesn't matter if they're not as accurate as your shots but they're constantly flying at you, one will eventually hit you.

So carry on!
                    sorry im just being the devils advocate
                    but if you cant see me and i have further range than you, i would of already taken a shot that i can judge how to aim the next
                    in which case i am almost certain to hit you

obviously that isnt what every example of sniper combat is like

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post

So carry on!
                      Personally, I use a SASR so by the time you've taken 5-6 I've taken 2-3 and mine are more accurate and have more range, but that's just me and I do appreciate your point and most entry level sniper's just don't understand :p

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                        Personally, I use a SASR so by the time you've taken 5-6 I've taken 2-3 and mine are more accurate and have more range, but that's just me and I do appreciate your point and most entry level sniper's just don't understand :p
                        yer thats a point to make
                        as long as the sniper knows what they are doing and how well their rifle performs then they can be an asset to any team

Comment

Originally posted by JapaneseWookie View Post
                          yer thats a point to make
                          as long as the sniper knows what they are doing and how well their rifle performs then they can be an asset to any team
                          Same with any member of a team, right?
                          I always thought it was a basic rule, to know your weapon at least a little :D

Comment

Originally posted by Cerbo Knight View Post
                            Same with any member of a team, right?
                            I always thought it was a basic rule, to know your weapon at least a little :D
                            personally i find using different aegs very easy
                            it took me a few days gaiming to adjust to using my sniper and now i cant put it down

Comment

Well I just think that AEG's are generally a bit easier to use, especially fully automatic ones. Having a bolt action means you need a bit more skill and precision, or at least that's what it means to me :D

Comment

I dont think the extra range is that much of an advantage, i think its the quiet single shot where you dont know where it comes from that makes a sniper useful.
                                As said before, alot of aegs can hit out to near sniper ranges, but with full auto.
                                I play the sniper role every game by the way and love it

Originally posted by Metalbody
                                pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X