Snipers, love us or hate us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Snipers, love us or hate us?

Sounds good and M14's are always a solid choice due to the inherently strong V7 gearbox, however the systema silent piston head is only silent in name, you'd be better off buying a regular piston and adding sorbothane pads to the piston head. That's my advice, and what I did in my own M14, though I plan to replace some other stock parts and add a better mosfet... bla bla bla, way off topic :p
    Anyway, I like my M14's one way and it's not necessarily how you like yours.

Comment

great help when on your team but a bitch when on the other and your pinned down
      sigpic

Comment

i like the idea of snipers but in reality it's rare to find a good one most are new players who play way to much call of duty and stand out in the open franticaly firing at people with no real results there are some out there that do have there rifles set up correctly and play the sniper role correctly but are few and far between personaly find it hard for people to feel/take there hits when they have a ghillie on thats 6 inch's thick.

Comment

I think that more than it would be healthy, snipers are a danger to all other players in the fields.

Most of them can't tell 15m from 30m and therefore shoot others well below the safety distances. I don't like irresponsible people so you can guess my vote

Comment

Snipers who can shoot and know how to skirmish - Good

Snipers who think they can shoot and can't skirmish for toffee/kids who think that airsoft sniping is like cod - About as much uses as sand paper bog roll.

Comment

Snipers are a useful asset to any team

Comment

i dont come across too many snipers to be honest, but the only problem is when i do, is that im always engaged from a really long distance, and because i move around alot its hard for me to feel/judge when i have been hit as i always seem to be right at the end of thier range, if it was an aeg, i would be able to feel or hear the multiple hits, but with single shots its difficult

Comment

I like playing sniper, but I always seem to end up in the most forward position there is. Because of this I now enjoy running with something small and quiet (mac 10/aep), being very sneaky and getting around the back or side of the enemy, at which point I'll swap to the long rifle and start taking people out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Danjenks View Post
                    Snipers are a useful asset to any team
                    Hardly, I have seen plenty of "snipers" who were more of an asset to the opposing team than their own.

Comment

Good snipers = usefull. Bad snipers = useless. Simple debate over...
                      Seriously though, sniping takes alot of skill. My first propper airsoft guns were a TM vsr10pro and TM Hicappa 5.1, the 5.1 has been laid to rest as I wore the old b*tch out. My vsr on the other hand is now a mighty beast and has had alot of money put into it. I dare say I spend more time with it than my girlfriend (I know what your thinking an airsofter with a girlfriend... WTF) . I now have a TM mac10 as my sidearm cos its got the range to deal with people even if they arent withing your engagement distance and its damn quiet.

My opinion if the codkids wanna be snipers they can try and and the real snipers can just reach out and touch them with our .30-.43 ammo and watch the confused look on their face as they try and figure out how someone hit them cos they are clearly the most l33tsn1p3r on the field.
                      For those of you who will inevitably ask, AK AM BESTEST GUN OK!?

Dont like it, go on the internet and complain.

Comment

I think it's a bit narrow minded to say that all snipers are useless, and an AEG will do their job just as well because all snipers are full of themselves and the best on the field.
                        This is rubbish because if they've ever seen me play they'd know I'm the best sniper on the field. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Airsofter123 View Post
                          I'm not a big fan of the snipers who just lie in a bush and wait for the enemy to walk right in front of them
                          your missing the point, you can sit in a bush with your ghilli on, and make a cup of tea and have some jaffa cakes

Comment

people with sniper rifles are only useful if its someone understands there rifle capabilities and knows how to use it. Oh so many videos ive watched with people taking countless shots at a target outwith the rifle capabilities and either missing or being out of range.

95% of people with sniper rifles do not intimate me and i know many of them arent accurate out the box and the owners dont know how to use them properly.

Comment

Thing with sniping is you rarley have to shoot, when I'm sniping I'm used as a diversion or to intimidate. 9 out of 10 times people run a mile when they see a scope rifle. So you then become a area denial weapon.

When it comes down to it, know how your rifle response to the imputs. Breathing, trigger pull, shooting position. That's before the shot has even left the barrel. Then you have wind as well. (any rock players will agree with this ) and thermals.

As with above I find that most people can't judge a distance to save the lives, not just to 30ms but way out to 80/90. Which I think where the most complaints come from. When in reality peoples rifles arant phyiscly reaching.

Comment

snipers intimate newer players and can terrorise them! And are normaly dealt with easily enough when comes up against regular players who understand how sniping works in airsoft

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Stickybomb NAE 10/11/12 attendee Find out more about Stickybomb
                                Working...
                                X