Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taclights: Strobe or not?

forgot to add.
    blind firing...in which the gun is being fired without a line of sight (see what you shooting at),is against the rules of mosy sites due to saftey reasons.
    if someone strobes you and you are blinded for a few seconds,but you continue to fire,you are...in a sense,firing without a line of sight?
    so if your strobed,do you have to stop firing (wouldnt happen in the real world of course)
    ive asked this question before,but noone seems to know the rules for this specific peice of equipment?
    sigpic
    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

• Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
      Ive got a great idea guys, ban strobes as there is a small risk with useing them, in fact balls to it, lets stop shooting each other because tose small plastic pellets could like knock peoples teeth out or hit the back of someones throat, even sneak behind shooting specs and cause eye damage.
      Ban crossing the road, could get knocked over.
      Ban riding a bike, could fall off!

Go on, rap yourselves up in bubble wrap and never leave the house for fear that a 5% chance something might happen.
      Switch off you TVs, PS3s, Xbox360s, might have a fit or something.

Im bored of the 'Gah, its slightly risky, lets ban it/stop it from happening' attitude in airsoft in general tbh, this subject is just another one of those
      GET THE F**K OVER YOURSELF AND JUST F**KING PLAY!!!!!! Threads!
      Do you have any sense of anything? People play airsoft knowing the risk of trip hazards, bbs etc... But at no point should they be put in risk of havinga seizure! That has got to be the most singe minded I i have ever read. I hope you witness a seizure and understand why tht shouldn't be laughed off as someone falling in line with the nanny state and saying H&S means squat.
      Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
      King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
      https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Originally posted by crasstoe View Post
        Personally, if anyone mentions they are sensitive to light at a briefing then strobes should be banned whilst that person is on site. Why run the risk? If people don't like it they can leave the site for a partial refund. Strobes are great fun but not worth the risk if someone steps forward, and even if no one steps forward the point of what to do if someone starts to lose it needs to be made, and possilby strobes banned for the rest of the day.

Yes it is fun, and yes in mil sim it is a must, but safety first.

I have a strobe and use it where safe to do so, and only if EVERYONE is okay with it.
        What you also have to remember is not all epileptics even know they have it.

I have to say I'm not a fan of strobes. Flashing lights give me migraines and could result in me vomiting all over the place and essentially ruining my game day. I also think it's fairly unreasonable for people to say that anyone with epilepsy should be sensible enough to stay away from CQB sites.
        Green lasers aren't allowed at a lot of sites, smoke grenades aren't allowed inside most cqb sites so why do we allow strobes when they put people at risk, even if that risk is just 5%.
        Some things are great in actual military ops, but this is airsoft, it's just for fun.
        Perhaps at a serious milsim...maybe. At a regular skirmish, I'm not sure they have a place.
        Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
        I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

I will say, if like roxy you have an issue with strobe lighting then flag it up either to the management team or at the safety brief, it should then get mentioned and strobes disallowed for the day. I have no issue with going to constant mode for the days skirmish.

@crasstoe. Do you think I take a joking approach to the matter? If you do then you are sadly mistaken, I take it very seriously indeed, the fact I have family member who has epilepsy and have a couple of friends who do too, 1 of which got MD'd from the forces because of it. It was me that had to clear his airway and initiate DRABC. So put the high horse away and don't assume I'm simple minded and make light of a serious subject. You stand a higher chance of seeing a fit in a nightclub, yet I don't hear anyone screaming 'ban strobes in night clubs'
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

• Sean, you say get over yourselves and just play yet now you are defending the opinion of banning strobes when she people who are sensitive to light are on site... Which side are you on?!
            www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Do you work for the sun or something, you twist my words.
              I use strobes, always have and will until it's banned, what I said was I like many others would have No hesitation in switching off the strobe if someone was to flag up strobe sensitivity, I didn't for one second say ban the strobe completely.
              What I hate is people making it out to be the worst thing ever when most have no reason to.
              If someone like roxy were to ask me to turn my strobe off, I would with no hesitation.
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

• Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                Ive got a great idea guys, ban strobes as there is a small risk with useing them, in fact balls to it, lets stop shooting each other because tose small plastic pellets could like knock peoples teeth out or hit the back of someones throat, even sneak behind shooting specs and cause eye damage.
                Ban crossing the road, could get knocked over.
                Ban riding a bike, could fall off!

Go on, rap yourselves up in bubble wrap and never leave the house for fear that a 5% chance something might happen.
                Switch off you TVs, PS3s, Xbox360s, might have a fit or something.

Im bored of the 'Gah, its slightly risky, lets ban it/stop it from happening' attitude in airsoft in general tbh, this subject is just another one of those
                GET THE F**K OVER YOURSELF AND JUST F**KING PLAY!!!!!! Threads!
                What is this all about then?
                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Good grief penfold!
                  Crossed wires or what!
                  It was sarcasm!

Comment

i think the point is.....we all go to airsoft skirmishes for fun,we all travel some distance to get there and pay money to join in.
                    some people have conditions where light can effect them ,at the moment i have one which im hoping will clear up,so why should we have either our day spoilt or give up airsofting coz someone wants to feel elite with "real world tactics" strobe lights.some people will only need to be strobed once (me included at the moment) and our skirmish day is over.
                    im not against anything being used,in the right scenario,but i can imagine what a game would be like if everyone was using a strobe (disco anyone) and used everygame....well.
                    i watched the vid posted further up this thread......but i would have thought that a torch was being used....didnt look like a strobe effect to me.
                    and didnt look too bad either.
                    sigpic
                    Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                    Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

• Sean... I can only apologise, I thought you were being serious! I did think it out of character... This is the problem of using tapatalk on a mobile! I feel like a fool now!
                      www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

No worries crasstoe bud, it's the problem with written word is easily mistaken with another meaning.
                        @magslap, I agree with if you have an issue/condition then why should your day be ruined, it shouldn't!
                        But if the site allows them then it's upto you to raise the point so people with strobes can switch them off, and if they refuse then they are a selfish arrogant arse that shouldn't be playing!

Comment

• Thoughts on Marshalls asking if strobes are ok during the sign in process? No need to ask why, and if one person is objective then strobe should be banned for that day.
                          www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Yep I agree. If the marshalls don't ask then it needs to be raised.
                            It should be part of the safety brief.

Comment

wondered do flashbangs cause seizures ?
                              After cheap project guns and various bits of kit

Comment

• Can do, but most sites I know of don't allow them.
                                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

plainlazy44 Find out more about plainlazy44
                                Working...
                                X