• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taclights: Strobe or not?

Wonder about the TLSFX multibangs.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

ive also got tinitus.....so(caused by exactly the same bloody condition that has effected my eyes....as well as other things).....telling a site not to use pyro would probably not happen,i can wear ear plugs
      sigpic
      Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
      Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

Could wear sunglasses too :p
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

• Sunglasses? In a dark cqb site? (The main location where you'd find strobes) ... Its so dark in most of those sites that they wouldn't need to strobe you... You'd be blind anyway :P

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NapalmFist View Post
            Sunglasses? In a dark cqb site? (The main location where you'd find strobes) ... Its so dark in most of those sites that they wouldn't need to strobe you... You'd be blind anyway :P

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
            it was a cunning plan
            sigpic
            Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIs3s...e_gdata_player

Comment

Something that has suddenly occurred to me, not once has a site asked at the beginning of the day if anybody has any issues with strobes....
                I'm unlikely to be convinced they're a good idea if i'm completely honest. But I am a bit anal about health and safety at the best of times lol.
                I kinda believe on this occasion the cons outways the pros.
                Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

The Mall asks on their briefings if anyone has epilepsy or a problem with strobes, but I've yet to see someone answer yes..!

Comment

Im on the side of not using stobes as i have photosensitive migraines. So in a similar situation to Roxy ive been stobed once and not a pleasant experience spent a good few hours out of the game taking meds and trying to stop the world from spinning and me from vomitting.
                    Dont think they should be banned per se but in cqb fibua maybe on the game start people need to be asked not use them if there are people prone to migraines epilepsy.
                    Trader Feedback http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14606

Comment

Caaw I swear we've been on the same site(s) in the past.

I have various qualifications in safety, which may or may not be entirely relavent, and I'm one of the staff at a site that is responsible for safety, its asked every game if someone has any medical conditions, and so far we've never had photosensitive epilepsy or photosensitive migranes, but I am an arsehole about safety.

Under the hated Health and Safety Legislation its up to you to make your condition known, its your responsibility to act in a manner that does not excessivley endanger other players safety or health.
                      Opinions are like ar**holes, everyone has one.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Counting Count View Post

Under the hated Health and Safety Legislation its up to you to make your condition known, its your responsibility to act in a manner that does not excessivley endanger other players safety or health.
                        in the martial arts ,you fill out a form that gives you a chance to say what conditions you may have (amongst other info) for us to work on or either refuse membership.
                        also....at the beggining of a class,somthing that is the INSTRUCTORS respnsibility is to ask...does anyone have any conditions or injurys we should know about.(this is outlined as a requirment set by the sports council...or at least was when i became an instructor about 20 years ago )
                        every training course ive been on and every class i teach, i always ask it.why...because some people DONT think,or are to self conscious to come to us or afraid/embarassed.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually it is asked every game, as I stated prior to the selective quoting, in the brief that many experienced players ignore, (as they've heard it all before Blah blah blah), so far its never been anything photosensitive, we've had plenty of asthmatics including exercise triggered asthmatics and smoke triggered, one insulin dependent diabetic, one player allergic to pine and various softwoods (great idea that player had turning up to a pine wood plantation site - refused entry), and one with semi advanced Parkinsons, in addition to the usual hang overs.

If they do not speak up either when asked or present to one of the staff about there condition they are breaching basic safety guidelines its the same as players who do not declare if they have either home made / modified pyro, a green laser etc. etc.

Usually found being very unimpressed by a lot of players, but gets a pleasant surprise when they actually have a clue on a game day.

Comment

Originally posted by Counting Count View Post
                            Actually it is asked every game, as I stated prior to the selective quoting, in the brief that many experienced players ignore, (as they've heard it all before Blah blah blah), so far its never been anything photosensitive, we've had plenty of asthmatics including exercise triggered asthmatics and smoke triggered, one insulin dependent diabetic, one player allergic to pine and various softwoods (great idea that player had turning up to a pine wood plantation site - refused entry), and one with semi advanced Parkinsons, in addition to the usual hang overs.

If they do not speak up either when asked or present to one of the staff about there condition they are breaching basic safety guidelines its the same as players who do not declare if they have either home made / modified pyro, a green laser etc. etc.
                            ive never heard it at any skirmish,ive even been paintballing (no im not gay) and never heard it there (though they have had a waiver form to complete).
                            so clearly it is only a few sites that do it. where as (according to sports council criteria) it should be asked all the time by all forms of recreational activity organisors.
                            i also find the waiver forms arnt worth the paper there printed on,as organisors dont actually use them to their full advantage....if at all.some places think that a waiver form waivers all rights to proscecution...........but if a person puts they have a condition,or illness that could effect what they are doing,then its up to the organisors to spot this by actually looking at the form.asking in a group would solve this.
                            i went on a course with a pressure points master "george dillman",i filled out a waiver form on the day,and put that i had a knee strapped as it had been dislocated,therefore i may not be able to perform all the warm-up and some techniques.he then put all the forms in a binder...didnt read them.
                            when he was demonstrating a couple of points at the knee for releasing the strength in the knee,he swung around to attack my knee (we were all stood with him at the time...about 12 of us) i moved my leg out of the way...he was a bit pissed off becuase hed missed entirely and whinged to me that when an instructor performed a technique...we had to take it. i then told him he was an arse and that had he read my waiver form,he would have seen i had a problem,and had he actually asked me to "uke" him then i would have informed him that i couldnt have any knee or leg techs performed on me.we were just stood in a group while he was talking about how wonderful he was,he was suddenley hitting points on people when they didnt expect it. its actually quite funny watching someone whos as famous in the martial arts world as george dillman whinge coz someone "moved" when he didnt want them too.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure a lot of sites don't ask the question same as any question(s) about dietary requirements where the game is catered, dumping it all either in the "We will be told" or "Its on a form" attitude.

Nice story about moving your leg, I'd have found the whole situation amusing, same as watching the SBS fail at taking down a mock vessel in an excercise.

Comment

i find it wierd that people are considering the health of others when on the skirmish
                                field
                                after all no one has ever bothered to ask about wether or not i have a sensitive ear when lobbing a flashbang in my direction!
                                nor has anyone asked wether or not i have a heart condition before assaulting my position
                                i generally think that airsoft is a game made out of many things that could be un-safe for many kinds of persons when you
                                give it thought!
                                like asthma or so forth!!! but if i had any of these conditions id probs have to say to myself ....should i really be here doing this!!
                                isnt that kind of not your responsability you should be having fun not worrying constantly about the other players on the field! its the site
                                managers job and the marshalls to make you safe when playing
                                in any case epilepsy does come in many forms sometimes generall distress and physicall activity can trigger a fit!!

all that taken into consideration! its kind of barbarric i
                                guess not to think of others health
                                and we are living in a world where people are less and less inclined to be responcible for themselves!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

plainlazy44 Find out more about plainlazy44
                                Working...
                                X