Taclights: Strobe or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taclights: Strobe or not?

This thread bemuses me. I'd never seen a single word against them till this thread.

They've been in use for years at my local for CQB night games. The marshals ask if anyone is photosensitive in any way during the brief, and if so no strobes are to be used on the night. Otherwise game on.

I love them, saving for a strobing Streamlight pistol flashlight at the moment.

I guess I just don't see the justification of banning them based on "what-ifs".
    AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

I agree Fenriz, never been an issue at UCAP the whole time I was there, or CSU or any other CQB site Ive been to.

However it seems to digress to one person not agreeing with it and thats the band wagon started.
      Be interesting to know how many people in this thread have been on the receiving end of a strobe being used for what its meant for.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Got one and use at GZ urban never issue as yet.

Comment

Quite a few of us, me included use them at my regular site. Not a problem. No one seems to have an issue on site either.
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

What really amuses me is the Nancy's complaining it's unfair and gives someone an unfair advantage...

Christ. It's a crime to have nice things I think. Be complaining about night vision or the silencer on a TM MK23 next...

Is it an unfair advantage if my boots sound quieter on wooden floors?
            AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Don't hear them complaining about impact BFGs or R-hopped AEGs, they give an advantage.
              A strobe only gives a split second advantage, the fact that hint hint yellow lenses stops glare!

Comment

Why youll find that in pretty much any photo of me airsofting these days im wearing yellow shooting glasses...

That and it makes the world look pretty.
                AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Same with me, if Im CQB anyway. Theres a reason for this, Im sure many of the whiners didnt realise yellows dont destroy the effect of the strobe completely but tone it down to the point where the desired effect on you isnt achieved. Oh and its funny seeing everyone look like they have jaundice.

Comment

• Wow. Blast from the past, this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                      Same with me, if Im CQB anyway. Theres a reason for this, Im sure many of the whiners didnt realise yellows dont destroy the effect of the strobe completely but tone it down to the point where the desired effect on you isnt achieved. Oh and its funny seeing everyone look like they have jaundice.
                      Theyre also excellent in woodland for defining areas of shadow and light. Makes people's silhouettes clearer.
                      AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                        Be interesting to know how many people in this thread have been on the receiving end of a strobe being used for what its meant for.
                        I have and I was traumatised. It ruined the rest of my week...

There I was just chilling in a dark corridor when all of a sudden a group of guys burst in, no prior warning with lazers and strobe lights switched on and flashing everywhere. I got all excited but then all that happened was a terrible noise for 45 minutes. Turns out I wasn't at airsoft at all and I had inadvertently gone to see the Venga Boys in concert... Most depressing.

Comment

Hahahahaha.

Anyway, am I the only one that strobes really annoy? They don't slow me down in anyway thanks to the yellow goggles I suppose but they just annoy me. All I then want to do is hunt down the strober and burst his bubble. Usually get hit by his team mates after the dirty deed but always worth the effort of going 'Predator' on him.
                          One chap even told his chum not to bother with the strobe as 'He'll spend the day hunting you'
                          (Only in a nice way though)
                          Problems? Problems? There is no problem I cannot solve with this...

++ Attributed to Mad Chainsword Johnson, Commander of the White Scars ++

"Systema owners are easily startled, but they'll soon be back and in larger numbers"
                          Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

700 lumen strobe X2 on rapid... there was much fun had that day...

Comment

iv only ever been hit by a strobe but i thort it was a cool way of putting some one down and getting the job done

Comment

• A decent high powered torch is just as effective as a strobe in airsoft, and has less chance of giving someone a fit (can happen to anyone)
                                Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express Pro
                                King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                                www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

plainlazy44 Find out more about plainlazy44
                                Working...
                                X