Taclights: Strobe or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taclights: Strobe or not?

I take it all back flashing lights are no fun at all... A big yellow box on a pole just strobe'd me as I drove past it.. Gutted.. Hope they put me on the course..

Comment

Originally posted by W0lf View Post
      I take it all back flashing lights are no fun at all... A big yellow box on a pole just strobe'd me as I drove past it.. Gutted.. Hope they put me on the course..
      Oof! Take your hit on that one W0lfy lad!
      There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by theagitater View Post
        Should we all ban Xmas? Stop riding bikes at night? Fuck the environment? Close all cinemas.....I know this is a bit extreme but I think you get the point.
        Thing with christmas lights is, you can turn them off. You don't reach for the switch and then it starts being a blowhard about how it's right and proper that they stay on because they want to be.

The general tone of this thread is 'exclude non health-perfect players' because if they're worried about a problem they have then TOUGH they should go home and not be a big cry baby, right? Find another hobby like cross stich or something haha am I right lads, eh, eh?

As for the guy just above, no, a strobing light has never knocked anyone's tooth out, but they can cause people serious other problems. Just because something doesn't affect YOU doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.
        I personally think strobes are a miserable piece of kit for miserable people, and it looks like I can just sit back and watch my point prove itself.
        - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
        - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Here are the simple statistics.

One in twenty people will have some form of photosensitive seizure in their life at some point, and have had NO history of seizures previously.
          That means 5% of people will have a fit due to a flashing light.

If you have a seizure at any point in your life, you LOOSE your drivers licence for a minimum of 5 years.

I an not willing to take that risk, if I loose my licence I loose my job.

Comment

Can you turn off public Xmas lights can you?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Abbadon101 View Post
            Here are the simple statistics.

One in twenty people will have some form of photosensitive seizure in their life at some point, and have had NO history of seizures previously.
            That means 5% of people will have a fit due to a flashing light.

If you have a seizure at any point in your life, you LOOSE your drivers licence for a minimum of 5 years.

I an not willing to take that risk, if I loose my licence I loose my job.
            You better not get out of bed and keep the curtains shut incase anything bad happens. :p
            KJW KP-08 - g&g scar l - we g23 - kwa vector - g&g tr4 cqb-s

VOA is a combat multiplier. When engaging an opponent, or engaged by an opponent, the immediate application of extreme violence lends a ferocious momentum forward that is irresistible.

Comment

First off. I'm hoping for the course as its my first load of points.. 5 years on a 160mph motorbike an no points. Van with a top speed of 56 I get points. Back on topic... Damage from a bb effects everybody which is why we use eye protection. Damage from a strobe will effect a tiny amount of people. I know of only 1 girl with epilepsy and pretty much anything can trigger it off. We can't ban everything. I don't like this attitude everyone seems to have developed in this country. It's the reason we have gone from an empire that ruled probably 1/4 of the globe at one point or another to the pathetic country that's America and Europe's bitch. One person gets shot in this country and its "oooo we must ban handguns" handguns are now banned and yet still 90% of shootings in the major city's r with pistols. Why punish everyone for the sake of one person. Don't like strobes, don't go.. Or close your eyes.. I don't like beans, I've not banned my entire family from eating them..

Comment

Originally posted by theagitater View Post
                You better not get out of bed and keep the curtains shut incase anything bad happens. :p
                If I fall over and break my leg or damage my hearing I get paid sick leave and will still keep my job. I have a seizure. I loose my drivers licence, my job, my home and probably end up on the dole.

Doesn't seem a stupid idea to me. If I am at a site that refused to not allow them to be used, I would simply ask for my money back and leave.

Comment

This is like the example of the butchers where some people are 'offended' by seeing dead animals so they had to take their display down.

so what have butchers been doing for years?...

http://dailym.ai/1k4JkDr

Comment

If I fall over and break my leg or damage my hearing I get paid sick leave and will still keep my job. I have a seizure. I loose my drivers licence, my job, my home and probably end up on the dole.

Doesn't seem a stupid idea to me. If I am at a site that refused to not allow them to be used, I would simply ask for my money back and leave.
                    I just can't see why a site would ban them just because you whinge.

For the record I don't care either way. If someone wants to use a strobe that's fine by me. Likewise if someone has a legitimate reason for no strobes. I'm happy to see them banned for the day.

I don't, however, agree with the "I paid for it, I should be allowed to use it", the "it annoys me, gives me a slight headache etc" or the "someone/I might have an undiagnosed problem"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
                      This is like the example of the butchers where some people are 'offended' by seeing dead animals so they had to take their display down.

so what have butchers been doing for years?...

http://dailym.ai/1k4JkDr
                      Interesting analogy, especially as there wasn't really strobes in use when I started Airsoft. They came in with the wide spread use of cheap Cree led lights when clone manufacturing kicked off in a big way.
                      "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Another View Post
                        Interesting analogy, especially as there wasn't really strobes in use when I started Airsoft. They came in with the wide spread use of cheap Cree led lights when clone manufacturing kicked off in a big way.
                        There weren't GBB rifles when I started, but there's outrage at sites that ban those.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have strobes on both my torches, (cheap ultrafires) but generally don't use them.
                          If I complained someone else had one and I didn't and it gave them an unfair advantage then that is rubbish. That's like me complaining my G&G doesn't shoot as well as someone else's Systema. Its the game!
                          However if someone has a condition then it should be brought to the marshalls attention and they should ban strobe use for the day no question about it.
                          I also feel that if a site wishes to not ban strobes then it should be made clear at booking and on their websites so no one is disappointed when they cannot play.
                          I feel the way the Mall deal with it is very effective, Strobes were banned last Sunday and apart from accidentally triggering mine briefly once or twice (bloody pressure switch), everyone respected it.

Comment

A seizure that could happen anyway whilst say behind the wheel of a car, or in a night club or even at work?

Thats really like saying 'I might break my neck falling down those stairs over there, I must get them removed'.
                            section 24 of the 1968 Act
                            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                              A seizure that could happen anyway whilst say behind the wheel of a car, or in a night club or even at work?

Thats really like saying 'I might break my neck falling down those stairs over there, I must get them removed'.
                              Idd, stuff like that is why there's so much health & safety BS around.

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post

Your analogy works if the stairs look like this

and actively exacerbate the chances of neck-crackitude should you try to walk down them, so yeah you probably should sort them out.

Such as strobes exacerbate beyond anything else in airsoft the chances of triggering pain and seizures just because you wanted to get a slight bit of an advantage on the field.

So I'm just gonna go out and say it.

If you need a strobe, you must be a bad player by virtue of needing every possible advantage you can buy, because just about anyone else gets by completely fine with flashlights.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

plainlazy44 Find out more about plainlazy44
                                Working...
                                X