• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Taclights: Strobe or not?

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
    If strobes and bright taclights bother you, then
    Then... bring sunglasses?

Originally posted by archangel View Post
    At a frequency of 10 Hz, 65% of affected people are still at risk.
    So, if figures quoted before about only 5% of people with epilepsy have photosensitive epilepsy are correct, that makes about 3% of people with epilepsy at risk from some strobing taclights. Having played around with different frequencies of strobing I've actually found that something around 7 flashes per second is most effective (on me anyway) and I think that a fair few strobing taclights will be around that mark.

So... worry more about the fact that you have an entire of people hunting and attempting to shoot you than about the minuscule risk of somebody having a seizure. That's what I'm going to do! :D

Comment

Some sod was using a flashlight brighter than a car lamp yesterday in the woods.

We were playing the last game of the evening, and he thought it'd be fun to stand 100m or so away and shine his torch at the vegetation (to light up the snipers). My Dragunov was practically bright orange and he kept focusing on me. Needless to say, because the light was constant I could hit him. However, if he flashed it on and off, I would never have got an aim on him, let alone see him.

Only experienced strobes in the discos! :D But they aren't half trippy, and do give me a headache within a minute or two.

Besides, if it was "irresponsible" to use a strobe/flash light, why do they make them fit RIS rails? :D
      sigpic

Comment

That was a good game. The torch was a bit disorientating, even for me... And I was marshalling! But let's be fair... People were concentrating on him while everyone else snuck round the back...
        The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Thread Hijack - Could anyone recommend a strobe light for a pistol that is under £100, if they exist that is :p

Comment

Yea buy a TLR-1s from the states. Including postage mine came to £60!

If i can find it i'll PM you the link for where it got it from.

Comment

I want to use strobe in the future but I don't know what torch I should be getting?
              Any suggestions?
              Float like a butterfly,
              Sting like a bb.

Comment

I'm making a Kick-Ass Hit-Girl weapon loadout :3

Got the SIG P232 In the post, Got the USP Compact with rail adapter, now I just need a strobe and someone to burn in a chair whilst screaming 'Take cover, chiiiiiiiiiild. Switch to kryptoniiiiiiiiiiite. Go to Robin's Reveeeeeeenge!'

Comment

Love kick ass been looking to do a SR-25 build like the guy from the losers
                  "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know." Capt. Geoffrey T. Spaulding

Comment

As a guy that is generally not affected by sad films ect., I was practically in tears when Big Daddy was burning!

Comment

"low velocity rounds child" love it!
                      sigpic

Comment

"low velocity rounds child" love it!
                        Mindy Macready: Can I get a puppy?
                        Damon Macready: You wanna get a dog?
                        Mindy Macready: Yeah, a cuddly fluffy one, and a Bratz movie-star make over Sasha!
                        Damon Macready: ......
                        Mindy Macready: I'm just fucking with you Daddy! Look, I'd love a Benchmade model 42 butterfly knife.
                        Damon Macready: Oh, child... You always knock me for a loop!

Comment

So er i came onto this thread expecting a chat about the good n bad of strobes

and i found this....who am i kidding its z1

Comment

So er i came onto this thread expecting a chat about the good n bad of strobes
                            Scroll up

Comment

I cant say ive used a strobing torch but i do use a standard tac torch. It works well as it gains a few second as the enemy is put off by the light. I noticed some one put strobing wasnt a good idea but at the end of the day airsoft is a tactical game and simulates war if you have something that gives you the edge on you opponent i think thats ok, thunder flash's and grenades are a lot worse than a flash light!

Comment

Strobing torches no. Every time I've been against one I've usually suffered a migraine not that long later. It's one of my big triggers and I don't think they should be used in airsoft. regular flashlights I have no trouble with.
                                www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

plainlazy44 Find out more about plainlazy44
                                Working...
                                X