Taclights: Strobe or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taclights: Strobe or not?

i understand if someone gonna have a fit they shouldent be used but apart from that i say go for it ...
    i have a strobe , i use my stobe in cqb and night games it makes your body mass near impossible to see to the enemy and disorientates them, saying people shouldent use them for airsoft is like me saying 'no sir you cant use your systemma ptw as its not designed for airsoft'
    if you want everyone to have the same advantages and disadvantages you may aswell go play paintball

Comment

Originally posted by moose_hates_you View Post
      I agree, I'm of the opinion that using the weapons, gear, etc. Try to play 'fair' and use similar tactics to win games. Blatantly adopting techniques that wouldn't work in the real world is a bit gay. The whole point is as close to real as you can get, but that's my opinion.
      Um that is a tactic that has been employed by entry teams in real life. SWAT has been known to use a flashing torch up high to distract.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

alls fair in love and war.....well if its a tactic that is used in real life situations then i suppose its ok...anyway its also similar to a team you are up against who have more bfgs than your team,they have a massive advantage and you just have to find a way to work around it......i know a few people who use amongst other things, motion sensors with alarms to notify user of enemies lurking,opening doors etc...and placing a bright torch up high in a corner of a room which lights up the enemy,but keeps the user in shadow
        VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
        trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

I think the strobes are cool but i totally agree that all the players should be asked before allowing them in to make sure no one has an epileptic seizure and ive been around people having them (a friend of mine has fits when trees wave in front of the sun it doesn't take much to trigger one) and unless you know what your doing it is serious, so for people having the attitude off well ive bought it so ill damn well use it i feel that's a bit inconsiderate as you don't know what medical conditions people may have, this isn't the real military and non of us have to take medicals to play, so i think a bit of common sense and respect towards other players that may have medical conditions is needed. Once everyone is fine with strobes crack em out
          Signature Link Removed

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
            I've never actually played at a site that allows them. I think most sites don't want to risk anyone with undiagnosed epilepsy having a fit or something.
            There is no unfair advantage in war. Airsoft is a hobby and frankly I don't know how I would feel if I inadvertently caused another player to have a fit simply to win a game.
            Originally posted by Coz
            Holds gun like a super sniper pro......Cries when wind blows his BB off course.
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...iping-tactics- sniping tactics thread.

Comment

• Personally, I think strobes are great (coming from an ex-epileptic)!

I've been on the receiving end of a strobe and the level of disorrientation means you are helpless in a room clearance.

I haven't owned a strobe yet, but after playing at the mall... And Epsom bunker... I'm tempted.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a great thing the Mall doesn't allow strobes then. Which I am fine with.
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by seansamurai1 View Post
                  Um that is a tactic that has been employed by entry teams in real life. SWAT has been known to use a flashing torch up high to distract.
                  Cool but they are literally trying to kill people to preserve their own lives, not pinging bits of plastic at each other for a bit of a thrill.

I am really super glad I've only encountered the kind of prat with an auto strobe once, and then he was so fat that shooting at the massive giveaway ball of light was practically a guaranteed hit. Shame he didn't take them.
                  - confirmed Mr.cool coolest of the cool airsofters.
                  - I can't believe I'm lame enough to put my extremely cool youtube channel in my signature

Comment

Personally, if anyone mentions they are sensitive to light at a briefing then strobes should be banned whilst that person is on site. Why run the risk? If people don't like it they can leave the site for a partial refund. Strobes are great fun but not worth the risk if someone steps forward, and even if no one steps forward the point of what to do if someone starts to lose it needs to be made, and possilby strobes banned for the rest of the day.

Yes it is fun, and yes in mil sim it is a must, but safety first.

I have a strobe and use it where safe to do so, and only if EVERYONE is okay with it.
                    Last edited by crasstoe; 31 January, 2012, 15:10.
                    King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
                    www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

• The mall does allow strobes.. with the provision that no one has any reasons against their use.

I don't personally use one, by choice, but I don't sit here and hate on those that do. Sites ask people to let them know about these things, especially now that it is harder to find a decent torch without strobe than one with. If you have an issue, they will prevent their use. If not, its a legitimate tool and comes hand in hand with the cqb territory.

Comment

lets not forget,some people ive met are "sensetive" or conscious about any "illness" they may have.
                        they may not be all for jumping up in a briefing full of strangers saying "hey...ive got ?????????" whatever illness.
                        im not against anything used in airsoft (within saftey of course) and i didnt know so many people used them,think ill wear that mirror jacket from the 70's,blind every bugger in the room.

the condition i have has made me very sensetive to light,hopefully it will clear up when my condition clears up,but if it doesnt then i wouldnt be going anywhere that allowed strobes,bright lights make me dizzyer (than normal) and literally all i can see for a long time is the light,and get very bad headaches.hopefully wont be a problem when i get back to it (the dets will also f##ck me up too )
                        sigpic
                        Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

one question though,if someone strobed me,and i fired into the light (coz i havent been shot yet) am i blind firing,or is the person with the light responsible......what are the rules,do you stop firing if strobed.....as that wouldnt be very fair???
                          sigpic
                          Originally Posted by Boo-Sabum Ben
                          Last helmet I tried was a perfect circle, and pressed hard against the front and back, but could happily fit all my fingers up the sides...

Comment

• Originally posted by Another View Post
                            It's a great thing the Mall doesn't allow strobes then. Which I am fine with.
                            Really? I've been strobed at the mall a fair bit lol. There wasn't Anything mentioned in the safety brief about them

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always wondered about the rules with very bright flashlights with strobe and lasers (i.e. epilepsy and general damage to the eye). maybe there should be some guide lines / rules etc?

Comment

Originally posted by NapalmFist View Post
                                Really? I've been strobed at the mall a fair bit lol. There wasn't Anything mentioned in the safety brief about them
                                Must have been a player who mentioned in advance about being sensitive to it on the last day i went to then, as it was explicitly mentioned in the safety brief. Which, again, I was fine with. Should be inplace everytime.

Seems strobes is going to be that new crappy trend going forward in airsoft :I Must have gucci kit/tactic etc etc
                                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

plainlazy44 Find out more about plainlazy44
                                Working...
                                X