• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tactics/Beginners guide

Originally posted by hunter View Post
    Good tip for beginners....
    Being able to quick scope on Call of Duty means jack sh*t! :D
    Ha, talking about that, i hang a few cans in the apple tree, and on the balcony, i was in the kitchen and done a 360- noscope from about 10 feet away, i was amazed.

Just had to be said.

Comment

first game i went to me and my m8s had a full battle plan and tactics ready and the miniut the marshal says go we just scatter and do our own thing then meet up in the dead zone about 5 miniuts later lol
      sigpic

Comment

Yes indeed, no plan survives contact with the enemy. Especially in airsoft, where there is less discipline, less communication and less logistics at work than in an actual military.

Or at least, most of the time. It's terrifying when you bump into a group who actually work like that. But it doesn't happen often, and I'm glad.
        "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

Originally posted by Waco475 View Post
          Or at least, most of the time. It's terrifying when you bump into a group who actually work like that. But it doesn't happen often, and I'm glad.
          Its crazy how effective teamwork can be. So many games ive been a part of have been won/lost within minutes thanks to one side playing with each other as an organised team!

Comment

Tactics, Well....
            i find that if you choose to go it alone, its generally better to stay on your belt buckle and stay quiet. But last sunday i was with a group of mates at a site and not that it means much but we're cadets and we tried applying some military tactics to the game, i mean, fire and manouver or pepperpotting works, but much less than in the real world, like others have said. Find whats right for you I have my own stuff and i still enjoy being a player that runs fast blasts away and hits hard.
            On limits of your weapons then you should learn how they work how far it'll go and then you can adjust your play to suit it But otherwise just enjoy yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul 8v View Post
              Thanks guys, I'll look up some millitary tactics and I'll get out there and get some games, I've got my first one on the 19th!
              Good luck matey hope its enjoyable for you. and yeah military tactics

Comment

only thing i would add is dont always hide behind cover because it may get you bored and if its a little bit of fear thats keep there remember it doesnt hurt if you get hit do what you feel is natural ... if you wanna charge the enemy .. do it! i still do that and ive been playing for 3 years now

Comment

One thing I don't think has been mentioned yet is chicken winging. When holding a rifle or pistol or anything, try not to do this:

(sorry if this is anyone, blame google images) An amazing amount of people do this. Elbows in really tight, stops them being shot and gives you a sturdier firing platform.

The stock on top of the shoulder thing... meh, I sometimes do it myself, but that's only to get a slightly higher line of fire. It's airsoft, even GBBRs don't give that much recoil to make you worry about it.

OH one last thing. If you use a sling, get used to it and set it up properly, so that you are easily able to switch shoulders. Nothing more annoying than

*peek round corner* "Ooh, a guy there!"
                  Take off sling, get it tangled on pouch, get it caught on pistol, knock your hat off.. blam! back to respawn we go...

Comment

I actually prefer to chicken wing. Not as much as that guy, but tucking my elbows in really tight is quite uncomfortable, and unnatural. As theres no recoil to contend with, Id much rather be comfortable and stable, than constantly forcing myself into a ball

Comment

im also prone to some chicken wing, find it more comfortable tbh.

Comment

What winds me up is a group of folks clustering up, then all hiding behind a tree.

Get used to spacing out - 8 to 10 metre seperation. Use the right patrol formation for the type of ground you are covering.

When advancing on a position, work as a team. Half give covering fire, the other half advance. Then swap. This pepperpotting movement will keep you out of the dead zones, and put your evil foes in there.

Ammo preservation. Long bursts are stupid, innacurate, and compromise your position.

Semi Auto, or three round bursts will keep you in the game longer, and ensure your kill to death ratio is on the positive.

Don't stay in the same place. once you've fired a few times from your position, you are compromised. Wait for your team to start firing to keep the enemy heads down, and move to new cover, even if its only two or three metres.

Types of fire pattern, such as single shot ripple fire, will give the enemy the illusion that a fire team or section is far stronger in numbers, and preserves your ammo.

Storming a location/CQB/bunker. No mincing. Before you commit, wind your mag, check ammo, check pouches are secure, CHARGE AND SHOUT, look angry and mental. The fear of God in your enemy can and often does prevent them from shooting back. This only works at close quarters, so check your shots and don't get nasty. Its only a game!

The main point, no mincing on the battlefield, or the rest of your team will treat you as a distraction for the enemy, waiting for you to get "pwnt", as the youth of today put it.
                        'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Bring donuts, then everyone will love you. Other than that annoying people even the other team is a bad idea, youll just end up miserable. On the other hand dont be afraid to ask questions, my first airsoft game i spent the day with one bloke that was more than happy to offer advice and answer question. In genral airsofters are all friendly
                          Talking to yourself is fine, its when you talk to yourself, argue with yourself and then refuse to talk to yourself that you need to worry.

Comment

very informative stuff smurf, cheers

Comment

I hate it when people walk around staring at the floor with their gun flopping about.

I assume they aren't playing/dead/returning to safe zone so don't bother shooting. Then got shot at by them. *sigh*

So don't do that, look like your playing or have your hand up.
                              Loki - Rogue Recon Unit, The Rogues

Comment

Best advice matey is to get stuck in, don't be afraid of getting hit, don't follow people around who think they know what they are doing - don't bunch up(most important advice) you just look like a big target, the best players I know are dudes who like to explore, like to be up front scouting about and are not afraid of being hit. It is a game after all, although some dudes seem to think they are in the special forces, don't analyse things too much, just have fun and you will pick things up quickly.
                                I am battle-tested bayonets bro,You can’t process me with a normal brain-If you borrowed my brain for five seconds,you’d be like-Dude-can’t handle it,unplug this b@st@rd!-It fires in a way that’s maybe not from,uh this terrestrial realm-Charlie Sheen

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Paul 8v Find out more about Paul 8v
                                Working...
                                X