The best gun..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best gun..

hi all. i was wondering,(being new to this game), what is regarded as the best weapon to have in the field.i,ve been reading the mssges in the forums and with all the guns out there and upgrades, i was wondering if it is down to personnel taste or is it down to money. is the range of a sniper rifle alot more than a regular machine gun. basically,in your opinion, whats regarded as the best pistol,close quarters ,smg or rifle.:D

Re: The best gun..

I'm gonna step up and say it before everyone else does.

There is no such thing.

The performance of any particular rifle is down to a million different things. The quality of internals, the skill with which they are put together, the user of the gun, etc etc.

One massive thing to point out though. Higher FPS does NOT equate to a better gun. At all.

Comment

Low orbit ion cannon. Seriously, I don't leave home without it.

Comment

You are just trying to start up the "my gun shoots the furthest and most accurate" brigade
        TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Exactly. Everybody will say that their gun shoots the hardest, and fastest, and furthest.

Which is stupid of them really, because clearly my gun performs the best.

Comment

*handy cut-out-and-keep response*

I have a <insert gun name here> that easily outranges snipers at <insert site name here>

seriously!
            Last edited by -=256=-Swerve; 8 February, 2011, 23:22. Reason: humour?
            Originally posted by palmer234
            Swerve talks sense. I like him.
            Originally posted by Robin-Hood
            Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

Moving back to the OP.

I'm going to presume you asked that with the assumption of us naming a very expensive all dominating rifle, then your intentions would be to save up and buy it, and never be hit again.

So some simple advice, with airsoft (by my reckoning) success comes about 20% from the gun. The 80% remaining is the skill of the user. So go and play some games! Find your niche and work at it. And you'll have far more fun than you would were you to get angry at your 'wonder rifle', when you're still being shot.

Comment

+1 to the above!

and as you are new to aitrsoft, do NOT start off as a sniper, certainly if you have visions of some of the sniper films etc.

It's not like that, not at first at least.

Get a decent gun, there are many makes/types out there. Watch people, see how they play. Spend twice as long looking as you do talking, and four times that amount thinking about what you have seen.

Then you'll be able to answer your own questions.
                Swerve talks sense. I like him.
                Originally posted by Robin-Hood
                Swerve does in fact talk sense, I also like him.

Comment

i'm going to fall for the trap!

get an ak!

WOOP WOOP!

Boris
                  K98 sale ----> http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...43#post1216243

Comment

I'va already had a PM from the OP asking about my M82, and done the whole 'don't get a sniper, it's not like COD' thing. Let's see....

Comment

Agreed no "best gun" everyone has there own setups and is different with different weapons. Like that guy said most comes from the person behind the weapon.
                      Although most people say don't start off sniping and while I agree with this my first weapon was a L96 and a year later still is. I am made to snipe but others will find it boring.
                      But yea no best weapon. To many weapons for a best one. Money doesn't always mean better as well!
                      Ric
                      Stop Drop And Roll

Comment

I tend to use a Ramillies class star fortress.

Nuke them from Orbit, its the only way to be sure...
                        Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

Just a thought; if you are new, (like myself) then rather than throwing an absolute fortune on an expensive sniper rifle which you may not be able to appreciate fully anyway.

Wouldn't it make more sense to buy something reasonably basic, discover your niche or preferred game by way of playing, watching or even borrowing from other people?

Might save you from making a serious mistake and like whats already been said, you might become experienced enough to answer some of your own questions.

Comment

All good answers lads and very much appreciated.so its fair to say then that any weapon is a good as another and it is down to personel taste.look forward to letting you all know what i end up buying. happy hunting.:D

Comment

I firmly believe that everybody should start with an M4, easy to get hold of the gun and accesories. Lots of choices for everybody and can upgrade it and learn what you like.

I'm always glad I started with my M4 :D

But yes, there is no best gun. The best gun is the one you like to use the most
                              Originally posted by spetsnazdave87
                              I've never seen an Aug look so large :p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniper 1 married and refusing to get old. Find out more about sniper 1
                              Working...
                              X