Vehicle pull over game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle pull over game...

Essentially a police pull over. Let's say we have a car, pulled over by a cop car. 2 unknown shooters onboard, 3 civvies.

Idea is to pull the car over, approach the car, and kill the bad guys while keeping the civvies alive. Cops have to keep a 1 metre radius, and no extra lives.

Could be good as it would lead to a lot of close shooting, with some tight and difficult shots to make, rather than just spray and pray.

Everyone would need a full face mask, to keep poor civvie injuries to a minimum, while still keeping who is who hidden.

Would need work on how both teams can make play work, rather than everyone just Sitting there going "it's not me"!

Re: Vehicle pull over game...

Somebodies got cars on the brain today! :P

This is another idea I like... we played a similar... well... vaugely similar... game at SW WarGames once, a drugs raid game, 1 team of DEA/Narc cops, 1 team of mafia drug dealers, lots of civvies. Mafia were walking around with concealed weapons, DEA had to stop and search individual civvies trying to find concealed weapons or drugs and take out all the dealers. It worked really well and was a great game.

Comment

Sounds like a good game to me.

With all these ideas Ben you should set up a site.
      Please do not advertise on the forum

Comment

Haha I do! I saw a couple of videos of the usual shooting training courses. One of which seemed to end up in a training sim wher ethe guys approach a building in a car with the pedal to the metal, stop, get out, and storm a building. Would love to do that and just other ideas keep popping up in there haha.

The everyone walkinag around idea could be good to! There needs to be a clear easy to follow rule to make it less of a stop and search with not much going on, and more of a panic "holy crap hes got a gun!" kind of thing going on :P

Comment

Oh yeah, the way I described it didnt sound very good... there were lots of close up and personal shoot outs, say 3 or 4 mafia members together with a few civvies walking round in a group, police stop and search one (required 2 police minimum, one to search another to keep the player being searched at gunpoint) youd find a gun on him then all his mafia buddies would suddenly pull out an AK theyd somehow been hiding in thier pants or something :P

Comment

Ah yeah thats good! Haha it didnt sound rubbish, just thinking worst case scenario everyone wanders round strip searching everyone and before you know it we have a perverts convention instead of an airsoft game :P

Perhaps a codephrase could be used as well

"The rain in spain stays mainly on the clouds..."
            "What? no it doesnt it falls on the plane!"
            "Get him!"

Peeeowwwng!

Comment

Heh, yeah. There was no strip searching though :P It was just a case of putting your hand on thier shoulder and asking them if they had any drugs or weapons, they had to be honest, and the marshals knew who was carrying, incase anyone decided to try some trickery!

Also anyone who shot an unarmed civvy had to go back to respawn right away, no ifs or buts.

Comment

yeah thats good. Punishments for hitting civvies is a must or people would just walk around shooting everyone haha!

Would love to try some of these car ideas out though! Who wants to start a site with me? lol

Comment

Id love to, but Berkshire is a bit of a drive for me! D:

Ive always wanted to start up a site, but dont even know where to begin.

Comment

Me neither. so far, Ive worked out I need 2 cars, and a village. All to myself.

Dammit

Comment

Tried an army one at my local:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqzBn_wA_Ds
                      Originally posted by JayB591
                      The 99%ers 'what am bestust gun for me on budgit of tennar'
                      Originally posted by Phatvortex
                      You've never searched for bacon? Then you are not a true man.

Comment

This may be off-topic but since people are extolling the potential of vehicular airsoft...

...personally, one of my favourite combinations of things is the fusion of cars with guns. I liked Death Race. I loved Mad Max. And for the truly blessed among you who've heard/played it, Interstate '76 remains one of my all-time favourite games. Twisted Metal is another one, you know the sort.

Anyways, it'd be expensive, but I reckon it'd be possible to pull off car-based airsoft combat. You'd have to have cars that are rigged for racing (ie roll cage and safety measures as standard), massive liability insurance, and a lot of space. But you could do it.

The problem is modding the cars would be a small business venture in itself, as you'd need to remove all the glass OR replace it with something sturdier that won't shatter. Gunswise, if you go for a bunch of people sitting in a car shooting at each other, all gangsta stylee, well the clincher would be in "what happens when our driver get's hit in the face and does something erratic/dangerous/deadly/explosive?" (as I hail from the hollywood school of preposterous car accidents). All solved by wearing a helmet, in retrospect...

Or, you could do even MORE work on the cars, and have airsoft guns rigged to fire from controls on the dash/steering wheel - the ultimate deathrace experience. There are plenty of materials you can stick on the flanks, front, and rear of a car that will be perforated by bbs (like some fibre glass, certain types of wood, etc) and you could even work out a point system like a target or something, hits in a certain radius score this much, etc etc etc.

Maybe it's unrealistic. But if we were millionaires, eh?

PS if anybody pulls this idea out of the embers of my hopes and dreams for the world, I don't want royalties or anything...I just want to try it before I wither away, alone, broken, rocking back and forth muttering about my career as a deathracer that never took off...followed by my unfortuante sideline as an invisible wall.
                        "A shooter of limited skill, but dangerous enthusiasm."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                        Working...
                        X