Reloading your Primary and Secondary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading your Primary and Secondary.

All I want to know is, how do you find it best to reload? Do you use dump pouches? Or are you one of those people with far to much money who risks breaking mags by letting them fall on floor (while looking incredibly cool, however).

Do you find Magpul's on mags useful?

Just post anything you think is relevant, I'm just curious about peoples preferences in the never ending attempt to improve my game

Also, on a side note, anyone know if you can slingshot a TM P226? If so, how do you do it? Don't want to risk it and break it .
    sigpic

Re: Reloading your Primary and Secondary.

Regardless of using a dump pouch or just letting the mag drop out, I always pull my new mag out first and whack it straight in the receiver... then I worry about putting the empty away/leaving it on the floor.

I have been caught short a few times with no mag because I was trying to put an empty in a pouch with one hand.

Comment

if im moving same as above mag in then one hand put in dump pouch i do use magpuls as well to help with speed drawring

if im holding a position i will let the mag fal from gun to floor if they are cheap plastic ones

gbbr no way!

other thing i tried was attaching elastic to mag and the other end to my rig so as i ejected mag was attatched to me but the mags got annoying rattling around

hope this helps

john
      free kit kat with everything you buy/ tarde with me

Comment

Tend to play a lot of woodland, so mag-up prior to moving on a position. Do use a dump pouch, but if in a hurry, the mag just goes to the floor.

If static however, I'll lay a couple of mags next to me for ease.
        Originally posted by andre the giant
        ...most of us like a balance of shooting and drinking tea.

Comment

Empty mag usually goes straight down the front of the jacket if I'm in light kit, or straight in a pouch so I can't lose it if I suddenly feel the need to leg it.
          'Smurf's Tours of Duty

ATR Winchester, 2 Regt AAC, 654 Sqn 4 Regt AAC, Cmd Tp, 4 Regt AAC, 216 Parachute Signals Sqn, HQ 16 Air Assualt Brigade, 668 (trg) Sqn AAC, 5 Regt (NI) AAC, JHF(NI) Operations, FSW Ops Sqn

Currently 1 (UK) Civ Div

Comment

Practice reloading drills, so you can do it in your sleep if need be You shouldnt even need to think about it, mag out bam mag in, job done. If I have the luxury of time, empty mag goes back in the mag pouch, if I dont then it gets chucked in a pocket or something. Pistols are a bit easier due to their small mags, can hold 2 mags in 1 hand, so you can quickly switch the empty mag with a full one in the same hand, then worry about what to do with it afterwards.

Comment

Speaking of magpuls, watch the dynamics DVDs. Some really good reloading drills on there. Definately helped me with my pistol, and I'm starting to get my rifle down as well

Comment

Don't let both guns run out, if I'm using my primary I generally know when I'm going empty, o I draw my pistol ( providing I know I need it now, no point entering a room whilst in a rush/shock and awe with a gun about tongo dry. So I pull out my side arm and use that, once in out I would drop my sidearm mag onto the deck whilst bringing up my primary, come down on one knee, whilst placing my side in the crease behind my knee so now I have my gun up and ready for any badass red riding hood who wants to come through the door, whilst my other hand free to draw a pistol mag out my retention and place it in my pistol, and if necessary cock it off the back of my foot in the way up.

Vide versa i would just do a normal mag change on my primary as that can be done in under two seconds. I would generally have team with my anyway, and if anyone was clever enough the other side of e door to be listening to me change mags, and I as being noisy enough to get heard. I deserved to get shot. Piss poor play from me is a punishable offence!

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

On my AK I just have 2 Lonex high caps (550 rds) strapped together, its perfect just over a thousand rounds without having to have loads of mags and therefore a vest.
                  "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                  Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

As Ben mentioned before, the Magpul Dynamics videos illustrate some good drills to follow with regards to utilising and reloading both primary and secondary weapons.
                    Although much of the second Carbine video deals with real steel issues, it does cover some good instruction that could be used in Airsoft. Most importantly the use of team work and always having someone there to cover you as you are reloading.
                    I would recommend watching them if you get the opportunity.

Comment

I was on about the magazine handling mostly. My pistol thats what I definately struggled to reload competently at first, But after watching how to handle 2 mags outside the gun, I do it much better!

Still working on the rifle, But I have managed to get the half reloading down quite well so far

Comment

I drop mags. I also follow the advice given on the Magpul Dynamics. There really is only a few options open to you for reloading, and the ones that work are available on youtube or on training DVDs. Watch them, and if you think it looks like it works, then it probably does.

For stowing mags in a dump pouch, which is a good idea if you have time, or refuse to drop them, then I use the technique Magpul Dynamics teach for 'tactical' reloading. This gets your new mag in the gun without dropping the old mag. Even though the old mag is empty, so your priority is getting a new mag in the gun, obviously retention is more important to you as an airsofter than it would be in a real time is life situation. You do it by taking a new magazine from your webbing. Holid it against the magazine in the gun at 90 degrees, open end pointing away from you. Press the mag release, and pull the old magazine out. Rotate the L shape of two mags by 90 and insert the new magazine. Now your gun is ready to go, and you have the empty mag in your hand ready to stow wherever you want. That seems to be the best compromise betweem retention and getting your gun up and running. The same style technique goes for reloading a secondary.

If you run realcaps (like I do) then its worth tac-reloading your pistol if youve been using it before you swap back to your (empty) primary and reloading that. If you need the pistol once in an emergency, it would be good if it was ready to go a second time. The main conisderation when you decide a technique you like, is that you want a working primary in your hands as much as possible. Whatever you think will let you personally achieve that the best if clearly the best. I watched a few training vids before I decded uppon the techniques Magpul Dynamics demonstrate.

Edit: Oh yeh. Magpuls. I find them useful because the rubber gives you extra grip which is good when you are using gloves, or sweating in the heat. If you have trouble with indexing or dropping mags, then they may help. Otherwise, not particularly necessary or helpful really.

Comment

Magpuls help enormously, as does the orientation of the mags in the pouches. If you are righthanded have the mags with the curve facing to the left in the pouch so when you pull it out (assuming it's upside down, which it would be with m agpuls on) and right it, it's the right way round to go in the mag. If I'm moving I drop my mags in a dump pouch If I am static and will be for a while in a defensive position then I'll let em drop to the floor and collect them when dead.

Comment

The direction of the magazines in your pouches also depends on how you hold them. I can't really describe in words the two methods but I suggest looking them up if you are interested in technique. I also find open top magazine pouches make reloading much smoother. Obviously these are better suited to urban than woodland with regards to potentially getting dirt in your mags. If you dont mind dropping them you probably dont care about needing to clean your mags now and then.

Comment

I use magpulls and they help massively if you have smooth mags like m4 ones not like my sigarms mags probably looked like i was beating myself up trying to them bloomin things out

Also magpulls absorb some impact so i dont really have a problem with dropping them, while i press the release catch i reach for my new mag whip it out and whip it in pick the old one up when i die. yes WHEN i die lol
                              Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FullMetalAsh Astronomy, Airsoft, Guitar. Sorted. Find out more about FullMetalAsh
                              Working...
                              X