What optics do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What optics do you use?

I use a 551 in my CXP as well, very nice optic and made so much difference the first time I used it. Targeting is so much easier and quicker and I use a lot less BB's now. I fitted it to my new KWA MP9R but not sure if its a bit to big for a small SMG, wonder if a small T1 would be better though I have never used one so not sure how they compare to an Eotech??

Comment

I use a Gun Tuff Red Dot Sight

Cheap and affordable but does the job great. No need for an expensive eotech.
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

I bought a scope used it for one day and took it off, its been sat in the box ever since.

Comment

i was going through this to see if anyone had a pimp high end optic piece to show off but..no but i did spot this so excuse me

Originally posted by Sniper Boy View Post
          3-9x40 variable zoom scope.
          Hoping to upgrade to a 3-9x50 IR red/green illuminated scope

Why?! unless for example the 3-9x40 was £20 and this 3-9x50 is £200 or something mentally different you are NOT going to see a slight bit of difference, if its for personal "because i think it looks beterer" and you have no other reasons then fair shout its your money, but if its for performance then heres why it wont make a slight difference

Objective, 40 or 50? doesnt matter unless you play in a place where the forest is so thick that by 3pm in the summer its somewhat dark then you will not notice a slight bit of difference in how light the picture is, youll get a slight larger field of view but thats about it..

Glass quality, like i said above unless its a £20 to £200 jump then the glass quality is going to be the same as the previous model you owned especially if it isnt a reputable manufacturer like Nikon for example or MTC

Scopes Power, just seems fruitless to "upgrade" to something with the same power? not sure what the goal was there.

Illuminated reticle, again just another mute point on the whole "looks betererer" useful for low light but unless you dont encounter situations like that, fruitless..but cool gimmick none the less if you dont have a use for it.

thats my somewhat elitist view on it..

Anyway

I wish to jump back into marksmanship in the ******* *****..love sniper rifles too much dunno why but I want to invest in a nice scope..why? because i can i dont call my self a geardo but thats one area where i will put money into..scopes

Comment

Looks sweet on my M4

Comment

I have an EOTech 552 mounted on my G36c, which is great, as it allows me to raise my head slightly above the iron sights, and in turn, doesn't keep knocking my goggles out of place while aiming, and also allows me to aim with both eyes open :-)
              Rocking out... With my Heckler & Koch out...!

Legion 412

Comment

Im short sighted, which means I can't see in detail at a distance. I won't get prescription inserts as my eyesight isn't that bad, but because of this I use my ACM ACOG alot purely for spotting and ID'ing players, once ive done that it's back to looking down the side of my AEG.
                WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

I play at urban so a bsa reddot does it. Zoom would not be helpful and it's to dark to use irons.

If I was playing woodland I would probably go for something with both short & long range. The ones I can think of is: 1-4x scope/magnifier, flippable magnifier, side mounted reddot, reddot + carry-handle-scope, scope+laser, scope with built in reddot, using irons thru the scope mount... is there any other solution I haven't thought of? '

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
                  I use plain ol' iron sights, but only cause I cannot afford a proper optic for my m4
                  got mine for a tenner.
                  my toygun is better than your toygun

wtb: kwa atp auto, kwa atp ptp

Comment

• After trying a scope, doctor, t-1, and an eotech, on anything other than a sniper rifle, optics are a waste. It's just so much quicker to use the iron sights!

The only thing I would ever use again is a doctor, as it's so easy to look through and doesn't hinder vision at all

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                      After trying a scope, doctor, t-1, and an eotech, on anything other than a sniper rifle, optics are a waste. It's just so much quicker to use the iron sights!

The only thing I would ever use again is a doctor, as it's so easy to look through and doesn't hinder vision at all
                      Out of the Eotech and the T1 what did you think was eaier to use. I like the look of the micro T1 but not sure if its too micro!

Comment

Depends how you look down your gun, how you play. A T-1 will only give you an advantage up to about 20 metres.

An Eotech will do the same, so out of the two Id go for the T-1.

But a doctor wins every time. Id put one back on my M4 if i had to!

Comment

i have a Eotech 552, acog i like the 552 easier to use.

Comment

Iv'e bought and sold pretty much all of the more common red dots, such as Eotechs, Aimpoints (T1, M4, M2 etc.), ACOGs, Trijicon reflex's, CMores etc., but I keep going back to using my MBUS. Now I have a G&P Aimpoint M2 on my 416, with a killflash for durability, but on a game day I invariably take it off an hour or so in, mainly because I find it much lighter and more pointable with a less busy top rail. Just my input...

Comment

Well, here's my RS Eotech 557.. Yes it's over kill, but hey ho...

Comment

If I've got an AEG and therefore am playing woodland with more ammo than god himself even with midcaps, then I don't bother with an optic since you can just full auto and walk the BBs onto the target.

But now I've moved onto a gas SMG as my main, precision is going to be a little more key. That said very few airsoft guns have the kind of consistent accuracy that make a magnified scope worth it for anything other than easier target ID or firing a burst, adjusting then firing again depending on the impact point of the first burst.

So I am moving on to red dots since I am almost exclusively going to be playing Urban and CQB. So I'm gonna add to my pretty healthy collection of red dots and get one of these:

Cod4/MW3 style red dots are good, but the vertical parallax on them tends to give you a very limited range of vertical motion your head can make before losing sight of the dot, more to do with the high placement of the light diode and it's housing than anything else

Aimpoints are neat for the looks and the G&P Aimpoint is pretty solid, but has rubbish battery life and you get a comparatively small view window and a generally obstructive sight housing.

Eotechs are either utterly awful G&P/UFC or pointlessly expensive Hurricane. Either way I seem to have got a pretty good 556 xps but I never got on well with the huge reticle, gets in the way.

I never got on well with my old Doctor sight. Too small to quickly acquire targets and the red dot itself was like 50 MOA, was massive.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                                Working...
                                X