What optics do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What optics do you use?

After tinkering with a T1 and not really getting on with it managed to get a UTG red/green dot sight. Very impressed with it nice crisp sight picture, clear dots and good zero. Plus the diameter of the lenses are bigger than a T1 so feels better. Now just to pair it upto the UTG magnifier (when it gets here) and all is good.
    sigpic

Comment

i see you said you have a m14 dmr, is it worth it as im thinking of getting a g&p m14 dmr

Comment

I never used to use optics, but now I'm using a T1 on my Sentry, Aimpoint M3 on my Mk18 and an Elcan on my 417. I occasionally pair the Aimpoints up with a 3x QD magnifier for extra awesomeness and so people envy me. That's how I roll.
        The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm struggling to understand the comments in here that say there's no point in red dot sights. I saw a massive improvement in the speed of target acquisition and accuracy over the standard iron sights. Surely if there was no point in them then they wouldn't use them on real steel? Each to there own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty H View Post
            I'm struggling to understand the comments in here that say there's no point in red dot sights. I saw a massive improvement in the speed of target acquisition and accuracy over the standard iron sights. Surely if there was no point in them then they wouldn't use them on real steel? Each to there own I guess.
            at the range we play at i can hit whatever i like just by having the gun to my shoulder, both eyes open, not looking down the irons just looking down the line of the gun.

Comment

Going to start this thread up again, I have my G&P 4x32 ACOG, I have it zero'd for 40 metres, and I use it all the time, once you have a magnified optic zero'd perfectly you'd be surprised how practical it is to use one, even if it is on an Airsoft gun! So I always use my optics, not only does it make for good drills, it also makes you save a shit ton of BB's because you actually have a lock on what your shooting at! Optics are very practical and very useful, for real steel and for Airsoft!

Comment

I use an Aimpoint T1, zeroed in at approximately 30m.

Comment

I use an Eotech clone and a "Real Steel" flippable 4x Magnifier. Don't really use the magnifier for engagement but find it very useful for identifing player tags and spotting people in the bushes.

Comment

Personally, I use the Magnified ACOG.

Comment

Elcan 1/4x Mag
                      Redcon Airsoft Team
                      TheJim : RC-69

Comment

T1 mostly at the moment.

Comment

PK-01V

I'd kill for a Russian NV optic though.

Comment

Any particular Russian NV?

Comment

One that would fit my VAL

Comment

clone Rmr
                                Nikko sterling 3-9x40
                                Clone SpectreDR
                                Axiom Kobra EKP-1S-03
                                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                                Working...
                                X