• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What optics do you use?

Red dots on my M4's and a 3-9x50 on my 10/22

Comment

I use a 3-9x 40 on my L96, either a Mildot 3-9x 40 scope, a red dot or an EOTech 551 on my MP5 and sometimes I use the 551 on my Shotgun
      sigpic
      There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives!

Comment

King Arms Elcan scope all the way. Had a KA Red-dot aswell, it serves its purpose well, but doesn't look as nice as an Aimpoint or EOTech, I must admit. But at a fraction of the price and the same function, who can complain!?
        sigpic

Comment

irons FTW
          trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
          http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

3-9x40 variable zoom scope.
            Hoping to upgrade to a 3-9x50 IR red/green illuminated scope

Comment

4 X Specter clone on the M4 (so you can see where they're hittin') and a real steel Eotech 512 on the TW5.

Comment

Replica Eotech 551. Like a red dot, but I think the reticule's a little easier to aim with. I might get a 4x FTS scope when my overtime pay comes in.

Comment

Personally I use a c-more for the PDW and the tiger cat and for outdoor use I use a spectre dr for the gr300. As far as I'm concerned I can nail targets much quicker and far more accurately than iron sights. Those that think just because it's airsoft you don't need optics are in my opinion talking utter rubbish.
                  "It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!"

Armoury:G&G GR300, ICS MP5 SD5 CA.TM hybrid G3 SG1,TM PX4, KSC G34, WE M92L Airsoft Surgeon Tiger Cat, VFC KAC PDW RA TECH version

Comment

I like to use an ACOG on an AR for woodland, an Eotech or iron sights for CQB and telescopic scope on a boltie.
                    Scouring the country for the best Airsoft sites

Comment

Originally posted by tsv2tuff View Post
                      eotecs are the way to go.... never understand people that say "its airsoft you dont need optics" way i see it is if your using iron sights your probly one of those people that follow the stream of bb's then tell people you hit them and they are cheating when in actual fact by the time you moved your stream on to them they probly already hit you since they have their optics sighted in properly. speaking from a woodland point of view though for cqb optics arnt that usefull.
                      So much fail in one post.

Firstly, dot/holo sights don't make it any easier to tell if you've hit someone than iron sights, as they offer no magnification you're still trusting the resolving power of your eyes. The advantage of a dot/holo type sight is the slightly improved target aquisition time and far superior low light performance.

Secondly, accusing people that use iron sights of "following the stream" and calling out people as hit that aren't is just stupid. Given how cheap knock off optics are, the majority of people that don't use them do so by choice. I for one don't run optics much anymore as I prefer a more stripped down, uncluttered approach. I used to be a big fan of optics, and owned a real steal Comp M2 at one point as well as a miriad of clones. The assertions you make about iron sight users are just as baseless and moronic as suggesting that all EOtech users are gucci, wannabe, cheating, kevlar teddies.

Thirdly, as to your statement about optics being not that useful in CQB... have you ever tried using iron sights in the dark? An Aimpoint/EOtech etc is a fantastic tool for CQB, fast target aquisition, great low light capability, this is the environment where this kind of thing usually shines.

*EDIT*

In response to the OPs question, I tend to use iron sights more often than not these days. I prefer the uncluttered look and find iron sights perfectly acceptable at the ranges we play. On AR15 variants I tend to use the CQB setting on the rear sight as it offers an improved sight picture and is more than accurate enough for airsoft engagement distances.

In the past I've had Aimpoints, EOtechs and the like and found them very useable too, my interest in 80's/90's US kit has somewhat moved me away from these however for aesthetic reasons. The 4x ACOG I had was probably a little overkill however, but as others have said it is nice to have the ability to really "look into the cover".

Comment

I use plain ol' iron sights, but only cause I cannot afford a proper optic for my m4

Comment

I use Holographic and as I mostly play in sniper role the various scopes.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I use HurricanE's 552 which has only been used a handful of times - its built really well and sits very nicely on my G36.

Its a good piece of kit, havent been able to fault it up to now, not too keen on how the batteries go in, but each to there own ofcourse.

But i do prefer dot/holo sights to iron-sights but thats just me :-)

Comment

ACOG with a Docter red dot co located. That way I have the best of both worlds. I find that many folk with a magnifying sight forget that the higher the magnification, the smaller the field of view. This means over reliance on the magnification can degrade situational awareness.
                              Secondly, and more importantly, plenty of players simply bolt on a sight without the slightest idea or intention of setting the zero to their weapon's fall of shot. A well zeroed sight, whether magnified or not, is far more effective, with any reasonably accurate AEG.

So do folk zero their optics or just bolt them on & go?
                              Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Comment

Originally posted by LouCyffer View Post
                                ACOG with a Docter red dot co located. That way I have the best of both worlds. I find that many folk with a magnifying sight forget that the higher the magnification, the smaller the field of view. This means over reliance on the magnification can degrade situational awareness.
                                Secondly, and more importantly, plenty of players simply bolt on a sight without the slightest idea or intention of setting the zero to their weapon's fall of shot. A well zeroed sight, whether magnified or not, is far more effective, with any reasonably accurate AEG.

So do folk zero their optics or just bolt them on & go?

I zero mine, and always re-adjust on the day of shooting

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                                Working...
                                X