Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What optics do you use?

Originally posted by spoon987 View Post
    so does yours have an adjustable ocular bell as well as magnification or am I just reading this all wrong, what make is it?
    Typo on my part mate:
    its a 3-9 by 60
    I also ment 3x60. not 3x40.

Sorry about the confusion! Trying to do too many things at the same time! You should have seen the mess I made of my coding whilst being on here this morning.

it has a 3-9 magnification on the eye piece and a focus range finder on the ocular bell. It has 3 settings of ranging 10 turn point. 1-3 illuminated red, 1-3 illuminated green & a solid black (or off) recticle.
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
      Typo on my part mate:
      its a 3-9 by 60
      I also ment 3x60. not 3x40.

Sorry about the confusion! Trying to do too many things at the same time! You should have seen the mess I made of my coding whilst being on here this morning.

it has a 3-9 magnification on the eye piece and a focus range finder on the ocular bell. It has 3 settings of ranging 10 turn point. 1-3 illuminated red, 1-3 illuminated green & a solid black (or off) recticle.
      yeah when i read it i was like, what thats new! never heard of them before, i was quite interested to research about them, and find what they're purpose is.
      but yeah i get what your saying. is the range finder any good, what does it do, give you a sharp picture when you find the range?

Comment

4x32 acog here - I find it extremely useful in woodland, both for scouting and for adjusting my aim.

Useless in CQB though. Nothing's that far away. I take it off for CQB because I don't want to get shot in the lense at close range :/

Comment

Originally posted by spoon987 View Post
          is the range finder any good, what does it do, give you a sharp picture when you find the range?
          My original intention was to use to so I was 100% sure on the minimum engagement distance. But I've never really needed it. It gives a fantastically sharp picture. Havent used it at any major range really though. Its very good within 100m and obv because of the limitations of my airsoft guns... I havent tested it outside of that.

Its a professional scope, so I reckon it would work best with a spotter who is there to tell you distance ect.
          Kiran Payne
          TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
          Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Dytac T-1.

Doesn't get in the way. Isn't pointless. Looks proppa' pimp. And I can effectively snap-shoot nob'eads with it. Boom.

Comment

I used a x4 Elcan for outdoor and some indoor CQB, for the rest I use irons, Aimpoint or spray and pray.
              - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

i will be switching between an eotech replica and a compm4

Comment

I vary between a RS Aimpoint Comp M2 and a 3x9x40 scope.. The scope for woodland is great for spotting... but the aimpoint for fast, low light target acqusition is superb....
                  Am hoping to pick up a L3 Eotec 557 put am trying to justify the money lol....

Comment

Scopes are pointless in airsoft on anything except snipers. Dot sights are only useful for dark environments but otherwise they are just expensive fluff. I use iron sights. Soldiers have been using them centuries with no problems and no need for fancy techno crap.

Also the fact that most of my guns don't have RIS does not help LOL :D
                    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                    Check out my other sales!

Comment

• Re: What optics do you use?

I use a wee red dot, only because this particular one has a wide clear aperture, a sharp wee dot and sits at a more natural hight. It allows me to see the travel of the bb a bit better as well as see 'under the point of aim' which is handy for scanning bushes, apart from that I am usually on Irons too

Comment

I use either Iron sights (rarely), an EOTech 551 replica or an ACOG

I get the whole "you don't need a scope unless you're a sniper" thing but I disagree. If you're gun has decent range, stick a scope on it.
                        sigpic
                        There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives!

Comment

G&P 552 for mid to CQB range.
                          Acog for long range and spotting.

Comment

G&P Aimpoint. Saves all that closing one eye malarky with iron sights

Comment

Elcan - ACOG - SUSAT for range work - spotting
                              Aimpoint COMP 4 - EO Tech 552 for CQB
                              Current armoury

ICS L86 A2 LSW - CYMA AIM's - C.A. MP5 A3 - C.A. HK 33 K - J.G. G36 KSK - G&P L119 A1 - C.A. HK 53 - STAR FNC Para -CYMA Galil SAR - Real sword Type 56 - T.M. Sig P226 - KSC USP Compact - KSC HK USP 45 - KSC Glock 19 -

Comment

Originally posted by Copey View Post
                                I use either Iron sights (rarely), an EOTech 551 replica or an ACOG

I get the whole "you don't need a scope unless you're a sniper" thing but I disagree. If you're gun has decent range, stick a scope on it.
                                My G3 is the only AEG I have ever used a magnification scope on because it had ridiculous range as its barrel was huge and had a pretty decent tightbore in it. However its the only AEG I have owned that really needed one. Only other gun I have used where a scope improved the usage of the gun was my mate Jack's AR 25, which is a sniper. To me, most people put scopes on guns just for the sake of it as a bit of fluff. Its all personal opinion but in my opinion it does not improve the use of most AEG type guns. Although they look good, scopes often or not are a lot of money for something that just looks good.
                                For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
                                Check out my other sales!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                                Working...
                                X