What optics do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What optics do you use?

Hi-Viz green fibre optic front sight for my 1911.

Tru-glo fibre optic for my glock (red front, green rear).

Eotech 511.d1 for my MP7A1

Belomo PK-A for my real sword ak, with HiViz fibre-optic front post for the iron sight (type 56-1, had to install a real steel side mount plate as it doesn't come with optic mounts)

Trijicon Accupoint TR24 for my sopmod m4 (extended to take 509mm inner barrel, 400 fps locked at semi)

ATN Ultrasight with swivel mounted ATN Viper night vision for night games when my M4 is set up for night time CQB...

I do think a scope with magnification is not really necessary though, especially if your gun is accurate, a magnified scope gives you the advantage to being able to see the trajectory of your BB all the way out to when it reaches the opponents, so that you can make adjustment based on how far the shot is off by, but if your gun shoots straight assuming it's not windy, a red dot should be enough for you to hit what you aim at for the range airsoft is good for. I do feel strongly for reflex sights however, especially when I play CQB games, I make sure I cover my face completely, iron sights are significantly slower, and a lot of the time, most masks will prevent you from looking down them at all.

Comment

eotech 552 or an aimpoint for close to medium range, and a leupold m3 replica or tasco scopes on the dmrs and bolties
      PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

Just added an offset docter to my setup, for cqb. Its actually awesome, when i use it aanyways.
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

my eyes... lol i kid it depends i sometimes use a 4x acog but normally it's just the iron sights

Comment

I have to agree with a lot of people who say iron sights are best, I'm a big bloke and struggle to get Down to look through my scope or red dot, I've used virtually every type of sight and have used real sights on real weapons too, but in airsoft they serve best as aesthetics, as they don't really serve a purpose unless it's dark.

I currently have a family of Eotechs, aim points and an Elcan and 4x ACOG , but I use them all for looks.

I do however have a real steel ACOG on my works M4 which is always gonna be my choice of sight on the real deal..

Comment

This exact red dot on a raiser mount.

Irons are useless when you wear mesh all over your face. Not only can you not get down on the sights enough without tilting your head 45 degrees, the mesh screws up the iron sight picture. The above setup lets me pull my gun up in front of my eye with not the slightest bit of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                Just added an offset docter to my setup, for cqb. Its actually awesome, when i use it aanyways.
                Here, like this,
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Chris View Post

This exact red dot on a raiser mount.

Irons are useless when you wear mesh all over your face. Not only can you not get down on the sights enough without tilting your head 45 degrees, the mesh screws up the iron sight picture. The above setup lets me pull my gun up in front of my eye with not the slightest bit of trouble.
                  When you have a huge massive fock off face like I do then add a strike v2 mask, its easier to get close to a set of TROY battle sights than it is to any red dot, trust me I have T1's on riser mounts, etc, the only one that works ok is an ACOG with docter Rd mounted on top for me, other ppl will say get a smaller face mask, but my wife loves my big face as it comes in useful for lots of things so I have to protect it...

Comment

g&P 552 for cqb and acog for woodland.
                    Honor before Victory

Comment

I use a EOTECH 551 and Iron sights...

In the event im using a sniper, 3x60 is more than adiquate for the range.
                      Kiran Payne
                      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                      Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

• Just waiting for a t-1 to arrive for night time playing, otherwise it's back to the old spray and pray method after trying various optics!

Comment

I recently got an Eotech 552 (I think) off a mate, gunna whack that on my little M4, mostly for looks to be honest. I generally look down the side of the rifle to see where the rounds are going!
                          The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I've got a random 4x32 on my SR16 and it is brilliant at taking the guess work of wether your missing them or it's time to take in their number

Comment

You dont need optics for airsoft, just point and shoot! Scopes are for the gun pimps (me included) XD
                              sigpic

Comment

i beg to differ... a fixed point is always good to get consistent accuracy. unless you just pull the rigger and wish for the best like most people.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                                Working...
                                X