Collapse

What optics do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M16:Moved on from a Clone ACOG to an Elcan Spectre, along with the offset doctor.
    G36:g&p aimpoint more of a filler than anything. Works nicely though.
    L96: richter optik 3-9x40

Generic Tapatalk Signature.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

• Re: What optics do you use?

Mk1 eyeball. shoot and see where it goes then adjust.

had a red dot on but only for looks.
      Originally posted by B.E.N.
      Dude, that's like saying you wish you still had pictures of Monica Lewinsky sucking Bill Clinton's dick...

Comment

• Which scope/optic setup do you use?

So I have used an Eotech 552 in the past which I liked, also had an Aimpoint FTS with it for a bit as well.

I now have an 1X30 ACOG which was purchased for my G&G Gas M4 however I am not looking for an appropriate setup for my TM Sopmod.

With the range being absolutely ridiculous and my eyesight not being great magnification is needed.

I can't decide between some form of smaller Eotech sight (either a 551 or an XPS3-2) with a 3X magnification or an ACOG with 3/4 times magnification?

I prefer the look of the ACOG but with a fixed magnification makes it totally redundant for closer shots.

With the Eotech and separate magnifier it looks better but I am conscious of extra weight as the Sopmod is weighted pretty well for me at the moment.

Thoughts and opinions most welcome!

Comment

• Re: Which scope/optic setup do you use?

i dont use any :p as no matter what i stick on my gun i never look down it, im a shot and adjust kind of player. way ive always done it.

Comment

I like the fixed 4 x acog with the doctor aimpoint on top

http://www.combatarmorypaintball.com...COG-DOCTOR.jpg

Sorry for the paintball link :P
            But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
            I have spread my dreams under your feet;
            Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Comment

Eotech user here
              FOR SALE
              7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
              , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Yeah I am swaying towards a small Eotech and a 1.5-5X zoom for it!

Comment

Am I the only one who does not understand the "Eotech with Aimpoint or similar" option?
                  Originally posted by anthonyyoungs1989
                  The cans brand new... I'm clearly not retarded.

Comment

Famas- none as i dont have one of the ris scope adaptors.
                    M4/M16- 4x Acog with irons on top because it looks cool and it counters the fact i'm short sighted a bit
                    Steyr aug- has a built in 1.5x sight with irons on top

Comment

Really don't see why this has been moved to tactics? £1000 says it was Blytm.

Originally posted by DanEly View Post
                      Am I the only one who does not understand the "Eotech with Aimpoint or similar" option?
                      It's the magnifier with a flip to side mount fella

Comment

Think I'm going to go for a 556XPS-2 and a 1.5X - 5X magnifier. Bloody expensive for what it is but will be nice to have adjustable zoom!

Originally posted by blytm
                        It's in the same place THE CURRENT thread is in.
                        Must have missed the poll in the other thread.

Comment

AR-15/M16 TA33H-RMR ACOG with LARUE mount :D

Comment

M16 and M4 iron sights
                            G96 and SR-25 hunting rifle scope, very good at spotting people on the other side of the world not that my rifle can hit them but its nice to let the rest of your squad know the numbers of the enemy
                            Team DC........................it's all about shock and awe

Comment

I have a clone EoTec 552, G&P aimpoint and a reddot ACOG and MBUS just incase.
                              TM SCAR-L recoil / G&G top tech 416 / TM USP compact

Comment

For my M16 I stick with irons as it's my workhorse woodland gat and I have no worries about dragging it through the cack ruining my optics. Ditto, heavy rain doesn't stop me from aiming (though it may stop me playing :P ). As an aside, it has no peripherals either - I've never needed a torch / peq for woodland. They go on my urban gat below:
                                My CQB length M4 has a clone Eotech as I can aim in low light more effectively and it's bright enough to ramp right up for bright sunny days.
                                My cheapsoft back up aeg is an SPR and has a cheap Aimpoint on so it can get dragged out for either urban / woodland.
                                I've run magnified optics on my SPR in the past and, whilst it can be good for spotting purposes, it makes rapid target acquisitions a ballache and it's all kinds of frustrating watching the bb's dance around near your intended recipient and landing nowhere on target.
                                "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."
                                George Carlin

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MAJIK Find out more about MAJIK
                                Working...
                                X