Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Real Tactics?

Originally posted by hoggy21 View Post
    Tactics like this can be utilised, but sometimes not as effectively.
    Firstly, you need a team who all know what their doing.
    Secondly, it helps if you work together a lot of the time. My team are all either serving, TA or ex (minus a select few). We play together a lot of the time, so our tactics are well rehearsed. The guys who arent serving have picked up on what we do over the years we have played though.
    The main problems with airsoft are that you get the hi cap heroes, who can put down stupid amounts of ammo before assaulting a position. Its a nightmare from a real life perspective. Its alright to put down tons of ammo but IRL you can only carry so much!
    True but IRL if the guys next to you arent so lucky theres plenty of ammo to pick up.

I think the higher ammo amounts balance out the fact that you cant shoot trough soft cover or take chunks out of a wall with a whole mag or a nade you need the extra rounds to make up for that and live with the fact that you`ll have to surpress someone that you would have killed in a shot or 2 in real life until others in your team move to flank hence you`ll need a lot more ammo to do so, also airsoft is set up to be much more constant combat then real life is as we`re all there there paying to be in constant fire fights so need more ammo

Organisation helps, basic tactics and ideas are great and people sticking to a plan really helps

Its great when even if you dont know people on your team too well but you know them and the place your playing well enough to be able to shout stuff like 2 hold the stairs, 3 brake right and 2 with us moving to.......... then arrange where you`ll all meet up next and or what you`ll do if things go wrong.

Its nice to have a plan more complex stuff is good too but you need a team that plays together a fair bit to get that together and hopefully once you have 4 to 6 people like that the others on your team who end up with your fire teams made up of them players start doing as they do or at-least trying to help.

As my own team is growing were all starting to learn to act as a team again and its nice to have that thats part of why I dont like to play alone and the other bit is that you need someone else to see the freaking awesome stuff you do when you do it lol
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Do a few training days teaching tactics etc prior to weekenders with tier one, on the events you can see the sections working together properly and using what we teach effectively, 2 weeks ago we did a weekender and on the last march out of the area we came under contact and did a 'tactical withdrawal' as you say a good 300m getting chased up the whole time and all with bergans on, mine weighing 80lbs! You soon forget the weight when it all kicks off, all those who took part have said along the lines if how it was one of the best things they'd done in the airsoft environment

Comment

Awesome, would love to do a full scale milsim exercise with vehicles and such, bit overkill for airsoft but would be totally awesome. There are probably ones out there but i just have never been to one.

Comment

After last nights game at my local with the site owner playing as well, I really really fancy getting some decent cqb training in.

Comment

Were you in the kill-house Ben? That is where I honed my skills, especially getting shot to sh*t by Tim, Liam and Andy. With regards to room clearance drills, I believe it has already been mentioned, If you are actually in a team then it works. Because everyone knows their Job, However most of the time, you go in solo. In entirely depends on the situation, its a bit half and half

Comment

Originally posted by George_Cartel View Post
              Were you in the kill-house Ben? That is where I honed my skills, especially getting shot to sh*t by Tim, Liam and Andy. With regards to room clearance drills, I believe it has already been mentioned, If you are actually in a team then it works. Because everyone knows their Job, However most of the time, you go in solo. In entirely depends on the situation, its a bit half and half
              Yep. Exactly what I was on about. Having a mastery of that kind of thing would really help me out in there! Especially popping round a corner to take a shot, with the speed and precision they all do it at. Practice makes perfect, but I'm sure theres more to it than that!

Still, I have gotten better than when I started in there, best training goes on in there really!

Comment

Of course, you learn off them and you learn from the mistakes you make, for me it is all about the snap shooting, this is where weapons handling comes into it aswell eg: being able to draw your pistol and get consistent follow up shots. Without getting wacked

Comment

A lot of the tactics can work/be helpful in airsoft but don't swear by them. HAving knowledge of them and airsoft can be a benefit as you can use them in the correct situations.
                  Hero to some, Villain to most.

Comment

Originally posted by George_Cartel View Post
                    Of course, you learn off them and you learn from the mistakes you make, for me it is all about the snap shooting, this is where weapons handling comes into it aswell eg: being able to draw your pistol and get consistent follow up shots. Without getting wacked
                    Yeah. At one point yesterday couldn't get my pistol back in it's holster, so duel wielded the pdw and glock whilst moving across the showers. Liam or mav pops round, head and gun only, and puts one in my shoulder then ducks back again, before I can even pull a shot off.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-Sabum Ben View Post
                      Yeah. At one point yesterday couldn't get my pistol back in it's holster, so duel wielded the pdw and glock whilst moving across the showers. Liam or mav pops round, head and gun only, and puts one in my shoulder then ducks back again, before I can even pull a shot off.
                      Do you go there on Tuesday evenings or weekend only?

Comment

It depends how interested you are in winning. We charged across open ground as two bounding sections in a Cold War game under cover of mortar fire. That worked quite well with only a few casualties, the constant volume of fire and sheer amount of screaming seemed to put the enemy off hanging around. So it can work in certain circumstances with enough unit cohesion. But the people I game with rarely have too focused a "play to win" attitude. It's more about having a good time, getting a few good kills and creating awesome moments.

| Cold War FilmSim player | Airsoft combat photographer |

Comment

Originally posted by forei View Post
                          Do you go there on Tuesday evenings or weekend only?
                          Very very occasional evenings, frequent weekends

Comment

In woodland we've sucessfully used pinscer maneuvers however in CQB and FIBUA we tend to be too chaotic ^_^
                            Kiran Payne
                            TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                            Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

well me and my mates in our team use real military tactics with fire and manouver in woodland, and in a fibua situation we do proper room clearing with thermal-baric grenades then straight in after its exploded to clear it. the tactics we use work everytime.
                              Alliness Saves Lives

If at first you don't succeed the call in a JDAM

Comment

Originally posted by widowmak3r1989 View Post
                                The tactics we use work everytime.
                                I'll remember to just sit down an surrender if i ever come up against you.

Fire and maneuver works well in small groups in woodland, but the best tactic for airsoft woodland but especially CQB is just to be ballsy. Too many times people get in there little spot and just stay there.
                                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

laurence Find out more about laurence
                                Working...
                                X