Do you find comms effective?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you find comms effective?

One thing which is overlooked, is the fact radios can be useful for things other than tactics.
    They always come in hand when there is a dedicated marshal channel, so in the event of player disputes, cheating, hot guns etc a marshal is but a button press away.
    Same applies for getting hold of a first aider. One quick button press, and you can speak to somebody who can get to you in a matter of minutes, rather than sending some poor bloke running a half a mile to get somebody who can help.

It is a nice idea to carry a radio, even if you dont use it for yourself ingame. Just a kind of safety net in a way.

Comment

I would say bot particularly, but then again, at some point you will probably need them, to contact a marshal and resolve a dispute as hoggy21 said, or catching up with your mates in a large area.

Originally posted by tacmedic View Post
      Ive got a new baby on the way with a bit of umph lol. So should be able too cover the whole of GZW with one radio
      ooh... what is it?

Comment

The real question should be "Does your team use coms effectively?" as coms are only as effective as those using them

Comment

I find they can be seriously useful so long as there are enough people on your team with them
          www.Conjuctivitus.com Now that's a site for sore eyes

Comment

Comms can be good if they are used right, targets need to be called correctly or they are a waste of time and clutter the airwaves. IE. there is one behind that tree, REPLY. errr what tree we are surrounded by them.

Alan
            Don't worry they couldn't hit an Elephant at that dist.........

Comment

In my group (3) we use them to great effect, not so much in woodland. But in the mall, hells yes.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

radios are very effective for calling enemy positions, or your mate a bell**d from across the woods
                “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

Used comms for my first time on Sunday and it won us the game!! Final round of the day where the winner took the lead and won the day and we have to infiltrate enemy territory and assassinate their scientists before they finished their uranium tests, the enemy has us held at bay on all 4 paths into their base..... suddenly i find a tunnel hidden in the bushes that leads right into the enemy backyard, a quick radio announcement to my team mates and we stormed them from behind...... it was a glorious airsoft massacre!! :D
                  I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Comment

I would be completely lost without com's. I use them mainly in a supporting role where i need to know when friendly units are approaching etc. Also com's are good for radioing support and warning's.

Com's do need to have earpieces other wise the enemy can hear you.

Comment

Sorry for somewhat of a Necro post.

I find that using comms can be really effective when used properly. my whole team run GP-68's and anygame we go to, there never seems to be anyone else with radios that can get our frequency, so no worry of eaves dropping.

Although we have one guy who can never seem to put a sentance together without saying 'thingymajig' 'whatchamacallit' 'ermm' about a million times. I sometimes do this but i know to just transmit a simple message 'wait one' and i can gather my words and send a clear concise message.

Personally I dont think a huge number of radios on a team is an advantage, having safe 2 radio ops, one on each fire team it much better. as there isnt any radio traffic.

I have been to a game where the was only 7 people in total. me and the 2Ic of our team were against the other 5.
                      We both picked good ambush points and managed to relay eyes on without shouting it through the trees.

On the whole, I think they are worth their weight in gold... in the right hands.
                      Preview
                      Armoury:
                      - Magpul PTS Masada
                      - KJworks KC02
                      - TM P226
                      - KWA Glock 17

Comment

me and a group of teammates used comms for the first time at drakelow tunnels a few weeks back, it was really interesting /useful to have them, expecially when someone gets taken out and goes to regen they can find out where the rest of the group are and attempt to find them,
                        No more of that running around like a headless chicken until you find someone you recognise unless as can happen at drakelow, you end up outside of radio range

we've yet to see how useful they will be at our regular site or a woodland site though

Comment

the only time i used a radio i had two other friends on the same channel and one of my friends was telling me his position like every minute and was not clear on when telling me about enemy positions so not uses full

Comment

Never used a radio. Hardly anyone else uses them at EXA. Been ages since ive been outdoor softing but i use to stick close to the team leader and use bugel calls. Charge is easy as is assembly. i give my own twist to medic and retreat. Normaly play last post when i see someone walk to the dead zone. :D they like it down there. not sure anywhere else. need to get a new job so i can go down there :D
                            "It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. " - Robert Edward Lee

Comment

I don't tend to use radios.

Comment

Our whole team uses radios and we would be pretty lost without them. Constant radio speak keeps everyone in the loop of the other teams positions and objectives as well as being used to set up ambushes or plan manoeuvres.
                                “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

harrym Find out more about harrym
                                Working...
                                X